Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-02-2006, 11:21 PM #1
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
Icedrelm is a Supporting Member
Icedrelm owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
What happend to the o5?

Hey guys just wondering, I am sure you all know about the o5, the spool gun with spring return that Odyssey was going to be makeing. I know, I know they wont be makeing it, so far I have heard that REX is makeing a SRSV (Spring returned spool valve, I just made that up) Now REX says that DP will be makeing the most efficent spool valve, and I cant help thinking that it will be the o5. Let me know what you guys think.

More info here.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=606983&page=4

Jeff

Last edited by Icedrelm : 08-02-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2006, 11:35 PM #2
Arc

they went the way of odyssey and their markers, nothing but a fleeting dream
Old 08-02-2006, 11:44 PM #3
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
From what I hear they dident, in the near future DP will be comeing out with a spool valve, and I think it may be the same thing. Only time will tell.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2006, 09:12 AM #4
DarkeWolf

Yeah, I was waiting for that experimental cocker that Dragun had in the works to come out too, but that never happened, except for a few prototypes that got sold as they were going belly up.
Would be really cool to see it happen tho.

A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com www.scenariodreams.com
---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black---
---Dragun T-1 Black--Parts---
Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 AM #5
jcoltsb

they said something about the type-r.... ..was that the type-r from rex they were talking about??
Old 08-03-2006, 10:14 AM #6
MondoMor

What is now (was?) being sold by Rex as the Type-R was almost the Diablo Reaper.

"Red Dragun"'s description of the "new Type R valve" matches exactly what the Rex Type-R actually has. Alas, he hasn't been on PBN since November of '04.

I wonder - maybe after the whole Odyssey thing fell apart, OGI tried to get diablo to snap up the Type-R (Diablo would insist on changing the name), and when that deal fell through the "Rex" company came and picked up the unmarketed OGI guns, slapped some consistent branding on them, and emptied out the inventory. They must have felt the Type-R name was good enough, and kept it.

The previous paragraph was pulled, word-for-word, out of my *** and is totally unfounded speculation.

(Old Feedback)

Last edited by MondoMor : 08-03-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 AM #7
jcoltsb

oohhh...k thanks
Old 08-03-2006, 04:08 PM #8
pro_balla70462

has been a member for 10 years
pro_balla70462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
oh gosh. Please dont even bring up the O5. ALL MY FRIENDS ARE IN THAT THREAD lol I miss them guys!

Anyways. OGI is not a company... it is the name of 2 merged companys. It stands for One Group International. It is a merger name of Odyssey and Diablo. After OGI died and the merge was destroyed... odyssey took most of Dragun's designs and put out their version of markers... O2, O3e/x, Torid X, Torid, O3m.
The O5 was up for design and an actual proto was made, but soon dropped. Why? No one knows. Probably bc Odyssey fell very short in the marker world and couldn't produce anymore markers or parts with their Thai company, which is why Odyssey failed as a company to produce markers period. Another reason why alot of people hate Odyssey.
O5 was put up to rest and never brought back up, until now. Now a blessed curse will haunt all of you for the rest of your miserable lives... Good luck!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:19 PM #9
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
lol.
MacrolineGuy.com
Old 08-03-2006, 07:13 PM #10
DarkeWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_balla70462
oh gosh. Please dont even bring up the O5. ALL MY FRIENDS ARE IN THAT THREAD lol I miss them guys!

Anyways. OGI is not a company... it is the name of 2 merged companys. It stands for One Group International. It is a merger name of Odyssey and Diablo. Don't you mean...Dragun?
As far as I know, Odyssey didnt have connections to Diablo until after they had tried to screw Dragun over on sales while dragun was floundering to stay afloat.

After OGI died and the merge was destroyed... odyssey took most of Dragun's designs and put out their version of markers... O2, O3e/x, Torid X, Torid, O3m.
Kinda. They were still merged when the odyssey lines were released. The dragun guns were still in production, when the odyssey lines came out.
Heck, my TES even came with an odyssey clamping feedneck and delrin bolt, straight from the Dragun company rep.

The O5 was up for design and an actual proto was made, but soon dropped. Why? No one knows. Probably bc Odyssey fell very short in the marker world and couldn't produce anymore markers or parts with their Thai company, which is why Odyssey failed as a company to produce markers period. Another reason why alot of people hate Odyssey.
O5 was put up to rest and never brought back up, until now. Now a blessed curse will haunt all of you for the rest of your miserable lives... Good luck!
(gotta put something here for it to let me post)

---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
Old 08-03-2006, 08:27 PM #11
G_cookie_8
Doing What I Do

G_cookie_8 plays in the PSP
G_cookie_8 supports Cereal Killerz 2
G_cookie_8 helped look for balloons
G_cookie_8 is an NCPA player
Wow Ryan you are right there are a lot of old people in there. Most I had forgoten, and wow oh do I remember the days. Makes me sad just thinking about it. But ya I don't think there were actually ever any proto types even made I believe that there were only cad drawings. A spring returned spool type gun does seem interesting though. Lets make one lol.

08 Origins Ego F/S
Old 08-03-2006, 08:56 PM #12
pro_balla70462

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeWolf
(gotta put something here for it to let me post)
Yeah good catch... I meant Dragun
Odyssey never ever had ties until their death with Diablo. Thanks for the correction.

and yes, they were still merged for about 2 weeks after the release of the Odyssey line, but that didnt last long enough to even count as the thread was split to Dragun and Odyssey... and voila... here is the odyssey thread

Last edited by pro_balla70462 : 08-03-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:58 PM #13
pro_balla70462

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_cookie_8
Wow Ryan you are right there are a lot of old people in there. Most I had forgoten, and wow oh do I remember the days. Makes me sad just thinking about it. But ya I don't think there were actually ever any proto types even made I believe that there were only cad drawings. A spring returned spool type gun does seem interesting though. Lets make one lol.

No there was one proto type... they had it at an event with a blanket over it. I remember alot of ppl making a big scene about it.. but it was never field working order.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:46 PM #14
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
A Spring return spool would be very simple, and easy to make, I hope atleast someone makes it.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2006, 10:28 PM #15
pro_balla70462

it has already been made.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:39 PM #16
Icedrelm

Annual Supporting Member
Yes but hasent been mass proudced, I assume we are talking about the spool E-1. I have wanted to buy on for along time, but cant find one.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2006, 10:52 PM #17
pro_balla70462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedrelm
Yes but hasent been mass proudced, I assume we are talking about the spool E-1. I have wanted to buy on for along time, but cant find one.

Jeff
yes
Old 08-04-2006, 06:15 AM #18
DarkeWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_balla70462
Yeah good catch... I meant Dragun
Odyssey never ever had ties until their death with Diablo. Thanks for the correction.

and yes, they were still merged for about 2 weeks after the release of the Odyssey line, but that didnt last long enough to even count as the thread was split to Dragun and Odyssey... and voila... here is the odyssey thread
No problem.

see this is actually kind of news to me. I never knew that they were actually merged into one company. I had always believed that they were sister companies, under one parent company, OGI.
But then again, I dunno much about the origins of either company, other than dragun was originally owned by 3m, before OGI.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:56 AM #19
MondoMor

Crimony, all this corporate crap sounds like high-school teen drama.

All we need is a diary to get stolen, scanned and put up on MySpace to make it complete.

The paintball industry is very, very sad.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:16 AM #20
jcoltsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMor
Crimony, all this corporate crap sounds like high-school teen drama.

All we need is a diary to get stolen, scanned and put up on MySpace to make it complete.

The paintball industry is very, very sad.
LOL
Old 08-15-2006, 04:38 PM #21
MondoMor

I know I'm bumping an old thread with this, but just in case anyone finds this thread in the search and wants more info on the Teen Drama involving Odyssey, Dragun and others, I found this in TESBaller's sig.

F.A.S.O.R. History

This probably isn't news to many of the folks here (even less so to DarkeWolf), but I found it interesting. There are so many players, and as the saying goes, you can't tell the players without a program...