Picture:

Old 07-19-2006, 10:37 PM #86
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
cwapman is BST Trusted
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
as long as it isnt modified from the manufacturs original product .. then yeah your fine
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 PM #87
Fell Stroke

Fell Stroke plays in the APPA D5 division
Fell Stroke has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
taco on the illegal marker question, i thought it was the player with the illegal gun was suspended for the rest of the tournament as well as the next, the team was given a 50 pt. penalty and 0 for that game, as well as the team had to play the next 6 games down a person, at least thats how chuck and rosie explained it
Old 07-19-2006, 10:47 PM #88
lil pimp
RockStar

if i feel a hit somewhere but can't see it and i yell for a ref to check me and once he starts coming i start shooting he will not pull a 1for1 if i am hit right?

Old``52+/0-``
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 PM #89
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
cwapman is BST Trusted
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil pimp
if i feel a hit somewhere but can't see it and i yell for a ref to check me and once he starts coming i start shooting he will not pull a 1for1 if i am hit right?
17.03 Obvious, but not Easily Verifiable while wearing goggles. Players with obvious hits in areas which are not easily verifiable, such as the back must immediately call on a teammate who can easily verify whether or not the paintball broke to indicate whether or not such player was eliminated. The teammate must respond immediately, and if the hit player was
eliminated, he must cease play, signal his elimination and exit the field. Failure to call on such teammate for verification or failure of such teammate to respond immediately constitutes playing on by the hit player. If no such teammate is available for verification, such player must immediately call for a paint check by a Field Ref. Failure to call for such a paint check immediately will constitute playing on by such player.

in most cases the ref will tell you to keep playing while he is checking you
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 AM #90
PeiCheck
~PeiCheck~

Hey to all refs out there, Ref 31 on the Empire field here, just giving my congrats to a well job this weekend to all fellow refs
Old 07-25-2006, 12:57 AM #91
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

Annual Supporting Member
timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
I would like to know why the retarded refs on the field walk around with a hand held chrono yet chrono you on with a red box? Has anyone from the NPPL verified that they consistently put out the same numbers?

Better yet, take every red box chrono and every yellow one you have line them up and start shooting and see how far off each of them is from one another.

Lastly, advise all referees who feel the need to pull a 1 for 1 on a player to ask themselves "did what the player did affect the outcome of the game in any way" saw a lot of refs pulling 1 for 1s for the sake of trying to discipline players for talking back to them. Guess what this is a sport and when you pay a TON of money to play in it, you're going to want some reasoning. Go watch a basketball, football, hockey, soccer, or baseball game and see what it takes for someone to get ejected and then see if what you're calling is fair.

Mike

PS. this is coming from someone who has played in the nppl for 3 years now, with not a single 1 for 1 being assessed on him. I'm not trying to start some **** because I cheat and get caught, just noting some stuff I saw in a lot of games this past week.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:23 AM #92
||AA||Spyder
|| Paintball = <3 ||

||AA||Spyder is a Supporting Member
Yay 1 For 1's....... lol. j/k. All the players got out before it got to the point where I needed to call them. I know I only did about 1 or 2 the whole event.

E-Bay Feedback (26 Good - 0 Bad) = http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...chevyssarsenal

PBNation Feedback (35 Good - 1 Bad) = http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=460133
Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 AM #93
fodash1
N E X

if during the ten seconds a player turns early and shoots at the opposing team should they be pullled even if someone in the stands yelled go or something similiar to that? because that F'ed my team big time the first game. we all got roped during the ten seconds and it confused the hell out of us. the ref let the other team just tag up before the go then we all got pulled for our hits anyways because everyone was confused.
Follow and support the 2010 Hurricanes.
Click here to find them on Facebook and fan up! or Follow them on Twitter
Old 07-25-2006, 06:34 PM #94
Stawlker

Stawlker is a Supporting Member
I was playing at a local field and I bunkered this one kid, I came over the top of a bunker and shot the kid in the side of his mask while running through. As I was running past him, he turned his barrel 180* from where it was and shot me in the legs. It all happened very fast(2 seconds), but it was obvious I shot him first(I also kept shooting him as I was running past). I've had many people say it was fair, but then according to them, whenever you're bunkered, if you are fast enough, you can turn on the guy and shoot him for a trade off. Is this true??? Or would there be a penalty given???

I also bunkered another kid, and as I was running by, he did the same thing except turned his barrel more than 200* around to shoot me in the back. It all happened VERY fast(2 sec), but it was clear that I shot him first. According to the refs, it was a trade-off because it happened so fast. I'm sick of bunkering someone just so they can turn on me to "trade off". Is there suppose to be a penalty given here???

Last edited by Stawlker : 07-25-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 PM #95
shamu
Transplanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebomb
I would like to know why the retarded refs on the field walk around with a hand held chrono yet chrono you on with a red box? Has anyone from the NPPL verified that they consistently put out the same numbers?.
Why use the handhelds? Maybe because the red ones don't fit in your pocket?
Each field is supposed to check their redchrono and handhelds at the start of each day. They're usually within a few FPS of each other or they don't get used. Of course, marker velocities do vary so if you go on chronoing 297, you're taking a risk that a fat ball or reg creep will put you over the 301 mark. The Stalker radarchrons are better (less intrusive, more accurate) but also more expensive and require more training to operate correctly.

Quote:
Lastly, advise all referees who feel the need to pull a 1 for 1 on a player to ask themselves "did what the player did affect the outcome of the game in any way" saw a lot of refs pulling 1 for 1s for the sake of trying to discipline players for talking back to them. Guess what this is a sport and when you pay a TON of money to play in it, you're going to want some reasoning. Go watch a basketball, football, hockey, soccer, or baseball game and see what it takes for someone to get ejected and then see if what you're calling is fair.

Mike
?.
A player standing on the field, arguing a call or pointing out the other team ("go check that guy I'm pointing at") is having an affect on the game, whether it's distracting the other team or the ref, pointing out where the other team is or just acting as a laneblocker so one of his teammates can move.

Most other sports allow you some leeway in questioning a call, but beyond a certain point the player gets ejected. In paintball, a game only lasts a few minutes, as opposed to the hours that football, baseball and others last. So the window to discuss a call is a lot smaller. Allowing that same few minutes of discussion distracts the ref from what he's supposed to be doing - watching the players. Most refs will give the player a warning if they're complaining too much, but technically anything past "out" is playing on (continuing to affect the game after elimination)

If you want a reason for a call, go ask the ref after the game. Just keep in mind that you get back what you put out. Most refs are more than willing to explain why a call was made if you ask in a reasonable manner. If you get in the ref's face and scream obscenities, what kind of reaction do you think you're going to get?

(Mike - not directing this at you personally, just using "you" to represent the general paintball player)
Old 07-25-2006, 06:38 PM #96
shamu
Transplanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stawlker
I was playing at a local field and I bunkered this one kid, I came over the top of a bunker and shot the kid in the mask while running past him. As I was running past him, he turned his barrel 180* from where it was and shot me in the legs. It all happened very fast(2 seconds), but it was obvious I shot him first(I also kept shooting him as I was running past). I've had many people say it was fair, but then according to them, whenever you're bunkered, if you are fast enough, you can turn on the guy and shoot him for a trade off. Is this true??? Or would there be a penalty given???
If your marker is already pointed in the direction of the player who bunkers you, most refs will allow a reaction shot.

If you have to move your marker more than a few degrees to shoot back, it would be spinning.

Of course, there is also the "but I didn't know it broke" excuse, which is basically a risk you take if you think the refs won't pull a penalty for spinning.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:41 PM #97
shamu
Transplanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fodash1
if during the ten seconds a player turns early and shoots at the opposing team should they be pullled even if someone in the stands yelled go or something similiar to that? because that F'ed my team big time the first game. we all got roped during the ten seconds and it confused the hell out of us. the ref let the other team just tag up before the go then we all got pulled for our hits anyways because everyone was confused.
There's no taggin up in NPPL. If the players marker isn't touching at the game on signal, they're eliminated. Shooting before the 10 seconds and then touching the barrel - depends on how it happens.

In the case you described (sounds like a false start), the ref should have restarted the game and let players remove any hits. Any hits that happen before the game starts should be removed before the game.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 PM #98
PeiCheck
~PeiCheck~

First....I had a handheld chrono this past weekend.

I had 2 people with chrono problems, one chronoed at 303, So that is an elimination

And the second was 323...so that was a 2 for 1 which i pulled

ALSO...i pulled a total of 52 1 for 1's on saturday alone, so...i can't say much for refs that don't pull, but i did my job the best i could
Old 08-17-2006, 08:44 AM #99
MAO

Quote:
I would like to know why the retarded refs on the field walk around with a hand held chrono yet chrono you on with a red box? Has anyone from the NPPL verified that they consistently put out the same numbers?

Better yet, take every red box chrono and every yellow one you have line them up and start shooting and see how far off each of them is from one another.

Mike

PS. this is coming from someone who has played in the nppl for 3 years now, with not a single 1 for 1 being assessed on him. I'm not trying to start some **** because I cheat and get caught, just noting some stuff I saw in a lot of games this past week.

First, the referees are required to check 2 players EVERY game. Players have been changing their marker settings after leaving the chrony and turning up their markers to shoot hot. Mostly it has been back players that do it to get the extra range. No it isn’t all of them, just a few but just enough to REQUIRE us to put ourselves in the line of fire even more to keep players honest. Not everyone like I said before but for those few, stop cheating and we won’t have to check you and then get shot up while doing it.

As for the one for one, it is a rule that is assessed by the referee you happen to be playing in front of. The rules specifically state the times this rule can be enforced. Plan on seeing this enforced more and more. Until players take responsibilities for their actions and read and follow the rules more closely, this will happen more and more. It is a players responsibility to know if they are hit, not the referees. A referee’s job is to enforce the rules, give you the most level playing field they can give, and prevent as much cheating as possible. If everyone were honest players, there would be no need for a referee.

As for the referee being retarded, I can only assume you have never been a referee yourself, only a player. You might want to try it some time. Too many people feel that the referee is someone that can not make a team or never plays. Sorry but you are so wrong. Most referees are experienced players that play in other leagues or divisions. Example, I play PSP but referee NPPL. If you have never tried it, imagine this if you can 65 games a day, 10 to 12 hours with maybe two 15 to 30 minute breaks all day 150 games or more in less than 2.5 to 3 days.

We don’t get mad when people cheat, so why do they get mad when we catch them? This is a quote from the Ultimate referee on the Eclipse field.

My name is Mike, I was the scoring and corner referee red side on the eclipse field NPPL Boston.

Peace
Old 11-18-2006, 09:06 PM #100
patschamps0204 (Banned)

tru dat
Old 01-23-2007, 08:42 PM #101
Llamasoop858XSV
4:19 gotta minute?

Llamasoop858XSV helped look for balloons
Llamasoop858XSV owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Llamasoop858XSV supports Team VICIOUS
Llamasoop858XSV plays in the APPA beginner division
not about playing but i was wondering if there was any nppl reffing clinics in the new england area or near washington D.C.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 PM #102
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the USPL
Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the PSP
Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the APPA D3 division
With all the changes in the league, I am not sure yet. Go to the NPPL website for updates on clinics.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3950062
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3949052&highlight=karni
Old 01-28-2007, 06:44 PM #103
Mistabinxthinx
"Be Quiet And Drive"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamasoop858XSV View Post
not about playing but i was wondering if there was any nppl reffing clinics in the new england area or near washington D.C.

I agree. The DC area is really growing in terms of the popularity of tournament paintball. Many Maryland, Virginia, and DC ballers would love to attend reffing clinics.