Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 PM #22
Carnage_descent

yea there were alot of 1 fers pulled that were bs imo, I got one pulled for checking the front of my gun after being hit. Im trying to play honest and i get a penalty? I mean if im trying to play on, then i would actually do so, not check my gun! On the same feild i saw a guy playing on with a hopper hit for the majority of the game, the ref just went over and pulled him, No one fer or anything. I mean atleast be consistant.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2006, 12:13 AM #23
dutch militia

Annual Supporting Member
the turf thing realy sucks, but from spectators stand point wut sucked most was the seating they sold out of grand stand seating so gay, like not even in finals in semis i was like wtf they could of atleast made a anouncment saying like 100 spots left, or like made some make shift seating.
Team NY ILLuminati D3 PSP XBALL #45
NPPL Referee: So respect my authority (Cartman voice)
2013 Sponsors:
Empire
Raza
Paintball Arena
Cousins Riverhead NY
Old Feedback
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 AM #24
LordOfThePaint

has been a member for 10 years
From what I hear, the grandstand seating was sold out before the day even started. This is just something I heard from a friend though so it could be wrong.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:21 AM #25
DarkTamer
Reaganomics!

I personally played on the Eclipse field, the Angel field, the Chronic field, and my teammates played on the Empire field and Center court. There were no patches of asphalt on any of those fields. And there was foam put on underneath the turf, it wasn't straight on the asphalt. What they did do however was spray paint some of the turf because it was fading and ****.

jdev taught me that."

Lava Sniper 2 For sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post63728244
Old 07-25-2006, 12:21 AM #26
sliver1489

I was talking to a miami devious player and he was talking about how his gun got pulled for bouncing and without a warning his team lost 2 games worth of points, was forced to play the rest of the tourney with only 6 players, and the player is now suspended for san diego. I don't know if this is standard procedure but it seems pretty overboard to me.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 AM #27
Lil Mike
Audentes Fortuna Juva

Lil Mike is a Supporting Member
Lil Mike plays in the PSP
Lil Mike plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTamer
I personally played on the Eclipse field, the Angel field, the Chronic field, and my teammates played on the Empire field and Center court. There were no patches of asphalt on any of those fields. And there was foam put on underneath the turf, it wasn't straight on the asphalt. What they did do however was spray paint some of the turf because it was fading and ****.
It wasn't as obvious as you might have thought. I'm not positive about the Eclipse field, and I didn't even step foot onto the Empire field, but the NPPL, Angel and Chronic fields all had various areas where the turf had torn, and they simply spray painted the asphalt the same exact shade of green. You would not have noticed it if you wern't looking closely, but if you managed to dive on it, you certainly would have felt it. They were usually small patches, maybe 3 inches by 6 inches for example.

Just because you did not see it, don't claim that it wasn't there.

I wonder if the NPPL is going to address this at all... Probably not, though.

OI For Life

My Old Feedback
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 AM #28
lil pimp
RockStar

yeah, they need some nicer turf... i was wearing elbow pads, knee pads, xsv pants, gloves, all the protection i could get and it still hurt... it slid really well, but my chest/stomach is still aching from hitting the asfault... so so on all that. great event though

Old``52+/0-``
Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 AM #29
NIB means New in Box
Selling stuff as usual

Quote:
There were definitely patches of asphalt painted on a couple fields, and judging by what I saw in the patches there didn't seem to be any foam underneath of the turf. Like I said, I otherwise thought it was really a pretty good event. The reffing certainly wasn't perfect but far from the worst I've seen in the past.

X-Ball "X" Bunker for sale HERE
Guns for Sale

Old Feedback
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 AM #30
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB means New in Box
To be fair, no one I heard of was seriously injured as a result

besides mark lancia from a-team dislocating his shoulder, when he hit the ground diving intothe center 50 on center court. he will know probably today if hes hurt after he sees a doctor

and then the announcers saying sometimes you cant be a wuss and have to suck it up..... real class there
Old 07-25-2006, 01:06 PM #31
master2003
THE DOZER

master2003 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by da kid brett
wow man UP for deaf ballers...i wanna play with him!!! did you guys explain to the ref! ?
We explained to the ref but they couldn't/wouldn't do anything after the game. For the rest of the tournament we talked to the head ref before each game and explained our cituation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfThePaint
From what I hear, the grandstand seating was sold out before the day even started. This is just something I heard from a friend though so it could be wrong.
My team bought what we thought were armbands for the grandstands for sunday on saturday afternoon. We asked if they were for the finals and the girls said yes so we bought them, then we showed up sunday and they tell us that the armbands were for saturday and they were sold out for sunday, so we complain and get vip armbands and get to hang out and get free stuff.

Quote:
My team bought the empire field and I personally saw about a 2 foot patch of painted asphalt in the snake when we were tearing down the field.

pa1ntball 56- I see in your sig that you play for arsenal kids. I was watching the last game between you guys and OC kids. After the game one of your players was *****ing out the refs and then the vip guys started booing and the player started cussing out the vip area. The the refs ran over and asked for his id card or something then they walked off the field. I just wanted to know what happened. was he susspened?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM #32
t3nacity
PBX3/TSP Photographer

t3nacity is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage_descent
yea there were alot of 1 fers pulled that were bs imo, I got one pulled for checking the front of my gun after being hit. Im trying to play honest and i get a penalty? I mean if im trying to play on, then i would actually do so, not check my gun! On the same feild i saw a guy playing on with a hopper hit for the majority of the game, the ref just went over and pulled him, No one fer or anything. I mean atleast be consistant.
No one-4-one's on a hopper or pack hits.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 PM #33
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
he didnt get suspended they just had a nice long talk with him, they play for arsenal kids young guns, i play for the d3 team so i wasnt really too in on what went on