Annual Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife is a Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife plays in the USPL
PaintballerFourLife plays in the PSP
PaintballerFourLife is an NCPA player
PaintballerFourLife plays in the APPA D3 division
PaintballerFourLife is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
PaintballerFourLife is Boss
Everybody listen to Vikingpower, he is always right after all...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2006, 03:12 PM #23
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
Let's not turn this into a flame fest now. Remember, we're the AKA Forum, we treat eachother with respect...

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:35 PM #24
Evilcocker314
VSH #5

has been a member for 10 years
My sound signature had alot to do with the barrels I had used. With a 16" CP.696 or 16" Stiffi .691 it was a quiet marker. Now if I put on a 15" Empire kit .693 or .696 it was a cannon, and I know people overuse that term, but people would refuse to play my side of the field because it was so dam loud...gotta love ol Stonemak indoor field.
Trauma Fan #1301
VSH4eva
Rest in Peace Sydefx...cuz SMD can never die.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM #25
deathstalker
Fnord!

deathstalker is a Supporting Member
I'd say before you do anything else, just have someone else shoot it with paint and stand about 30 feet away. Markers sound very different depending on where you are, and you might find yourself saying, "Wow, that's actually pretty quiet!" You could also try to bring in a marker you already think is quiet and do a comparison. I think a lot of people might be surprised if they did this.

I'll never forget a game I was playing a few years ago. A boy and I were sharing a bunker and he was just staring at me when I would shoot. Finally, I kinda yelled, "What?!?" because he wasn't paying attention to what was taking place on his side and his reply was, "Is your gun always this quiet?" I laughed out loud because I couldn't believe my ears. At the time, I was shooting a mech 'Mag with a BigShot, so I thought the only thing louder was an M98.

I took the kid to the range with me after the game and let him rip on it as much as he wanted (first day out, he had a poop stain leaving the range). I stood back while I kept listening for the occasional chuff and said, "Ya know, that ain't too loud at all." It was almost like I could only hear the instantly-recognizable "plink" of the 'Mag. Here in my apartment, everything sounds the same.

TL;DR
A person's perception of sensory input can vary. Let someone else shoot it and stand about 30 feet away and see if you still think it's loud. What barrels and paint were you using?
Nasty Impulse, WASd/Proto Matrix 5/
Freeflow Rhythm w/ WWA pump assembly
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 AM #26
atm743

atm743 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstalker
I'd say before you do anything else, just have someone else shoot it with paint and stand about 30 feet away. Markers sound very different depending on where you are, and you might find yourself saying, "Wow, that's actually pretty quiet!" You could also try to bring in a marker you already think is quiet and do a comparison. I think a lot of people might be surprised if they did this.

I'll never forget a game I was playing a few years ago. A boy and I were sharing a bunker and he was just staring at me when I would shoot. Finally, I kinda yelled, "What?!?" because he wasn't paying attention to what was taking place on his side and his reply was, "Is your gun always this quiet?" I laughed out loud because I couldn't believe my ears. At the time, I was shooting a mech 'Mag with a BigShot, so I thought the only thing louder was an M98.

I took the kid to the range with me after the game and let him rip on it as much as he wanted (first day out, he had a poop stain leaving the range). I stood back while I kept listening for the occasional chuff and said, "Ya know, that ain't too loud at all." It was almost like I could only hear the instantly-recognizable "plink" of the 'Mag. Here in my apartment, everything sounds the same.

TL;DR
A person's perception of sensory input can vary. Let someone else shoot it and stand about 30 feet away and see if you still think it's loud. What barrels and paint were you using?
im useing the stock javlen barrel and xball bronze paint.

the stock barrle is loud to start with but to me it dosent sound like the barrle is the problem.

last night i shoot a hopper of paint though it and the first 20-30 shoots sounded messsed up. sounded like the gun has not been oiled in a long time. then after that something broke in and it got 40% quieter for the last 60 or soo shoots.

im probably going to be playing this weekend and im going to have someone shoot it for a game and see what they think about it. i know for a fact that its much louder than other guns. it sounds like a tippmann 98 for the first 30 shoots then it got quiet as a dm soo idk. i think it just needs a tune up or a nice oil job.

i dont have any aka lube all i have is some autolube from when i had my mech mag.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 AM #27
oklahomaoutrage09
**** SP

put oil in it? if it sounds like it needs it it probably does. put a couple drops it, what can it hurt?

Viking
PneuMag