Old 07-23-2006, 03:53 AM #43
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaL*Syk0
I mean for Christ sakes, he owns his own paintball store in San Diego that him and Mike Breto started because they love helping the people of the paintbal world so much.
Riiiight. It has nothing to do with making money or supporting oneself or anything... moron.

Back to the topic at hand: Todd is an old school baller. He's been playing pro longer than Dynasty has been a pro team. If someone is messing up on the field, being the leader he is, he's going to get in their face about it.

I've met Todd on a couple of occasions, and I will say this: I'm not too impressed with him. He tries too hard to be a clown all the time. Everybody else I've met on Dynasty seems much nicer. I spent a weekend with the team at a Dynasty clinic, getting time with just about all of them, getting tips and having them coach me on my game. Keep this in mind as I tell you this next thing.

If I had to choose only one of them to coach me and my team: it'd be Todd. I'd pick him every time. And twice on Sunday. He didn't sugar coat anything, and was all about the business at hand. You need that in a coach. Someone who's not going to care about your feelings when it comes to making you a better player. The same is true if Todd is your teammate. By my reckoning (I could be wrong), there's no active Dynasty player with as much pro experience as him. If Dynasty were my team, I'd take issue with Todd if he wasn't yelling at the other guys when they aren't playing up to their potential. Someone has to. It might as well be the guy with the most chops.

So, if you see Todd being a "dick" to his teammates on the field... maybe he's just doing his job. IOW, it's none of your business.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:34 AM #44
SoCaL*Syk0
I smoke tha dank `ish™

SoCaL*Syk0 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOLF
This Vince?
Yeah this is Vince, who be this?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:37 AM #45
SoCaL*Syk0
I smoke tha dank `ish™

SoCaL*Syk0 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod
Riiiight. It has nothing to do with making money or supporting oneself or anything... moron.

Back to the topic at hand: Todd is an old school baller. He's been playing pro longer than Dynasty has been a pro team. If someone is messing up on the field, being the leader he is, he's going to get in their face about it.

I've met Todd on a couple of occasions, and I will say this: I'm not too impressed with him. He tries too hard to be a clown all the time. Everybody else I've met on Dynasty seems much nicer. I spent a weekend with the team at a Dynasty clinic, getting time with just about all of them, getting tips and having them coach me on my game. Keep this in mind as I tell you this next thing.

If I had to choose only one of them to coach me and my team: it'd be Todd. I'd pick him every time. And twice on Sunday. He didn't sugar coat anything, and was all about the business at hand. You need that in a coach. Someone who's not going to care about your feelings when it comes to making you a better player. The same is true if Todd is your teammate. By my reckoning (I could be wrong), there's no active Dynasty player with as much pro experience as him. If Dynasty were my team, I'd take issue with Todd if he wasn't yelling at the other guys when they aren't playing up to their potential. Someone has to. It might as well be the guy with the most chops.

So, if you see Todd being a "dick" to his teammates on the field... maybe he's just doing his job. IOW, it's none of your business.
Hey *******, did I say one thing about it NOT being about that? No... I didn't. You should really not call me a moron... I know Todd much better than you do, so i'd probably keep my mouth shut. And i've seen you post before... you are the moron my friend... stupid, useless posts. You are truely a disgrace to SoCal ballers. Please move to Rhode Island or something.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 AM #46
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yo vince this be Rick.. Chris from Evil Empire bro..
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
Old 07-24-2006, 01:40 AM #47
Tonicxxx (Banned)
Dodgers, Lakers, /win

[quote=DMKilLaH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane#2
Todd is an ***.
QUOTE]
You just wish you had hair like Todd.
I almost have hair exactly like him.

all i need is to dye it red.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:58 AM #48
Sutton
SDPEVS.COM

Sutton is a Supporting Member
Only time I see Todd mad other than when things arent going right on the paintball field is when Mike leaves his tools all over the shop or when wings n things doesnt make his wings extra wet....other than that he is one of the funniest people I know
Old 07-24-2006, 02:00 AM #49
dirtballer785 (Banned)
••••727••••

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongBad1177
dudes! todd is definatly not an ***. he always stops for pictures and signings. definatly a cool guy. he was just probably super pissed off because they didnt make it into the finals.
QFT todd signed one of my shirts at cup 2 years ago he started up a convo with me, hes a cool guy, u guys just caught the bad side of him
Old 07-24-2006, 02:05 AM #50
dirtballer785 (Banned)
••••727••••

Quote:
Hey *******, did I say one thing about it NOT being about that? No... I didn't. You should really not call me a moron... I know Todd much better than you do, so i'd probably keep my mouth shut. And i've seen you post before... you are the moron my friend... stupid, useless posts. You are truely a disgrace to SoCal ballers. Please move to Rhode Island or something.
STFU, grow up SoCal baller go get better at paintball and stop hangin from todds nuts

kthxbye
Old 07-24-2006, 02:11 AM #51
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Only reason he called you a moron was that you are trying to make it seem like him and Breto opened the store as some sort of charity. Its a business, they are in it for the money, as every other business owner is. You know the guy, and he is cool in your eyes. Thats great, but making statements about what he does for paintball and such makes you look stupid. These guys have careers in the sport, and unless they are going to stop playing and start over working some BS job, they need to make the most of this sport. They are making a living off of it, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:17 AM #52
Taternutz406
Unknown Soldier

What Socal said in regards to people starting up rumors and losing respect for him was right.

TzeentchianGod was right about the business being about making money, not being a charity.

Peace.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:23 AM #53
Kovenant
R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Im stepping in and not going to allow you igonrant nutswinging fools diss on one of the best players in the industry. I know Todd and he is VERY into the paintball deal, hence why he is Pro because he invested time, money, blood, sweat, and tears into the sport to get where he is at. He takes paintball seriously and if put in that situation I would have done the same thing, hell I know for a fact that you hypocritical cry babies would do the same thing. Step away from the monitor and actually get to know him. "oh waaa he yelling at ryan greenspan" stop swinging on greenspans nuts! Who gives a flying ****? Seriously, reading this **** u guys pull out of your ***** is like watching an episode of Laguna Beach. Todd is not an *** or a dick. If your gonna step up like a big dog, you better back your **** up like a big dog. Got a problem with him? Talk to him and stop hiding behind the monitor talking **** (cuz you know that monitors dont punch back). Im dropping the mic now cuz I just cant believe the stupidity of these haters.

GWC Member #138
HK4LIFE!

Last edited by Kovenant : 07-24-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:04 AM #54
matty84

matty84 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Please move to Rhode Island or something.
Nah we don't want him here.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:23 AM #55
dirtymik

HAHAHAHA matty beat me to it!

please forward all morons to alaska.

i had a chance to meet todd yesterday after the finals. shook the man's hand and was able to chat with him for a minute or two about when they played at the mohegan sun. i showed him a vid on my cell of dynasty's final breakout at that tourney too. todd came across as natural and chill, plus he gave a minute to chat when he didn't have to. that gets alot of respect from me.

oh yeah, we have this funny *** pic of todd in a play fist fight with my teammate.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:13 PM #56
islandboi
LEGEND

Todd's a pretty cool guy, I've talked to him a few times. I'm sure all of us have been in situations at tournaments where we're really pissed. It happens. He's a human.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM #57
ChuckLove
Paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane#2
Man its 10:21 and im in the westin...4th floor i wonder what pro's are up here..there are like 2-3 people making some weird *** noises outside.
\

Haha I heard that two, were you on the 2nd floor? I was in 247.

whos there

not your apex seals....."
Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 PM #58
time to go paintball
yezzur

Quote:
The ignorance in this thread is amazing, wow. You guys are rediculously dumb, i'm amazed. Half of you in this thread don't know what you're talking about, and must have heard all of this nonsense from your friends or something. I'm going to start off by saying that Todd Martinez is NOT hurt, and IS playing at the Event in Boston with Dynasty, so stop with the retarded rumors. He is playing Perchak's position. I'm also going to fill all of you morons in on something... Todd Martinez is one of the NICEST guys on the planet, by far. The guy is soooo generous and is rediculously down to earth, it amazes most people. He always goes out of his way to please his fans, and represents paintball to the fullest. I mean for Christ sakes, he owns his own paintball store in San Diego that him and Mike Breto started because they love helping the people of the paintbal world so much. You guys are so rude and cruel that you don't have the time to get your facts straight before jumping onto the "LETS HATE TODD" bandwagon. I'm truely disappointed.

And you...

You think you're cool? By saying STFU to Todd Martinez because you think he isn't playing? Bro, you have NO part in the paintball industry. Todd Martinez has done more in 1 day than you have done in your entire life. He is one of the hardest working paintball players I know, and that isn't an exageration. I honestly think you may very well be mentally challenged.
I was gonna say the same thing. Todd is definantly one of the NICEST players/store owners/person i have met. He definantly plays, isnt injured, and i doubt what half of the people in here are saying is true. The few times ive been to PEVs, hes just the most chill guy. He gave me free softears, free stickers, and one free tank fill with my purchase. He didnt even care that i took over 150 pevs stickers off the role. Untill youve actually been around the guy and talked to him, dont say anything at ALL. Just STFU and stop talking.

"Originally posted by behemoth: Sorry Haiti... I'll turn the gains down a little next time."
Old 07-24-2006, 02:02 PM #59
Sudden

I saw Todd walking around a few times Saturday and Sunday and did see him once deny a fan an autograph or a picture. More over he really seemed to enjoy being there even though his team was not doing very well. I would define that as a class act.

-Steven Wright
Old 07-24-2006, 02:09 PM #60
Peter S Frentzen
Redz Infamy

It is absolutely amazing to me how people can take what they hear as the gospel truth and never second guess what they are hearing. Unless you were there and heard everything for yourself, do not put much faith in what is being spread around.
I run the business side of a D1 team and had the pleasure, and I do mean PLEASURE, of meeting Todd in the pro area over the weekend. He went out of his way to sit with me during the entire time he had between games. Not only is he a complete professional, he is also very supportive of lower divsion teams, not because it does him a damn bit of good, but because it is good for the sport that he so loves. Without people like him, Greenspan, Whittington, etc. this sport would have remained in the back woods with Spyders being shot at trees. Todd was probably upset, as was I , with the outcome of some of our games, but you do not see a damn thing about my antics on the thread, why, not in the pro ranks. Unless you have been in his shoes and have heard all the bs about yourself, do not pass judgement.
He spent a considerable amount of time being out in the public and speaking with anyone that came up to him. Try to remember this when you hear bad things about these guys, they are followed around all day long for autographs, jerseys, etc and then are expected to take the field with a clear head and perform 100%.
For my part, it was great to meet the man behind the myth and have the chance to sit and talk for a while.
Papa Pete
ECU
D1
Old 07-24-2006, 02:19 PM #61
elczaro

im expecting a possible fallout among dynasty
Old 07-24-2006, 02:26 PM #62
benzino05

Quote:
Todd Martinez is one of the NICEST guys on the planet, by far. The guy is soooo generous and is rediculously down to earth, it amazes most people. He always goes out of his way to please his fans, and represents paintball to the fullest. I mean for Christ sakes, he owns his own paintball store in San Diego that him and Mike Breto started because they love helping the people of the paintbal world so much. You guys are so rude and cruel that you don't have the time to get your facts straight before jumping onto the "LETS HATE TODD" bandwagon. I'm truely disappointed..

swinging much??
people on here can have opinions. i've met todd he's a cool guy...but damn some of the people on here had a ****ty encounter...so they can bag him all they want..he's a pro., and on one of the most if not THEEE most popular team in the U.S. Along with being a pro paintball player or any professional athlete, you just basically gotta pretend like your in a good mood no matter what...optimistic about losses, and grateful about wins..i dunno...you just kinda sounded like you think he might read ur post or somethin...its cool to have an opinion people