Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM #64
xxpainthrowerxx

similar to b1azes Q. i kinda understand the answer but am still unsure, i have a profiler, and i cut the outer rim on the rubber off, maybe half a centimeter, maybe a lil more, would i get pulled?
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 PM #65
egosOWNshockers
McCain/Palin '08

hey KIMO, u dont kno me but my friend Kevin Peng (ppl called him Chi), u kno who he is rite, tryin out for epic. yeah, well yeah he talks about u a lot and know i saw u on here so i wanted to say hi,btw if i ever see u, i am always out at SCP every weekend, my name is zac.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post70512310

click it nigg@ ^
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM #66
Hl2
fhqwhgads!

Say you're in a gunfight with someone and can't really check yourself but you are hit in an obvious spot and are not sure if its broke. If the player calls for a paintcheck but keeps playing, will the playe be penalized? Is it the player's responsibility to check himself no matter what?

hatehatehatehatehateinyourheart.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM #67
crazyboy22

ref..what would happen if say you were reloading your hopper, and your lid is up, and somebody shoots your lid and it flies off.

would you be out, or not? because i mean the person shoots ur lid, but then the lid flies off...im not so sure about that.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 PM #68
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the USPL
Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the PSP
Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the APPA D3 division
Bucky - as you described the situation you were in - I would have pulled a 2 for one because you acknowledged the fact that you were hit after the first kill and continued on to get two more. CWapman's explanation is the guideline I would use to clarify any other factors in the situation.

B1aze - as far as the soft ears on a JT flex. I am a little more flexible on that one. My reason for it is that JT has manufactured an aftermarket replacement for the ears on those particular masks. The new ones have passed all the neccesarry tests to be marketed and we allow them on the field as they are sold that way with the new masks. NOW, I will still check any that I see that have been cut to make sure that they are not any smaller than the aftermarket ears. Again, if you are in doubt, go ask.

Headgear - The leaque wants you to protect yourself at all times on the field. The rule is written more to stop players from going overboard and getting the ridiculously long straps and anything else that could possibly trap or deflect a paintball. There is no set limit of how many headbands, wraps etc. The guideline is going to be excessive padding. Then again I probably will not let you were 7 headbands that are thin. Then your just taking advantge of me. Again if in doubt, GO ASK first.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:02 PM #69
FratGuyBelushi

FratGuyBelushi is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy22
ref..what would happen if say you were reloading your hopper, and your lid is up, and somebody shoots your lid and it flies off.

would you be out, or not? because i mean the person shoots ur lid, but then the lid flies off...im not so sure about that.
if you go back and read through this thread, another guy asked the same question involving a pod. the answer is the same as well. if it is part of your equipment and hit, its a hit. no matter what.

keep up the good work reffs.

Cobalt UL'd ST DM5

Old feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=18691650
Old 07-19-2006, 01:09 PM #70
FratGuyBelushi

just would like to make sure my understanding of cheater guns is correct. any player caught with a cheater gun is given a 6 game ban and his/her team plays a man short for that period, correct?

i've seen guys talk their way out of this one at local tournies, playing on our pathetic underage reff's incompetence. they couldnt even prove the settings were cheating because they didnt know anything about the hater malicious intent code. hahha. not that thats funny or anything...ahem..

Cobalt UL'd ST DM5

Old 07-19-2006, 01:22 PM #71
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpainthrowerxx
similar to b1azes Q. i kinda understand the answer but am still unsure, i have a profiler, and i cut the outer rim on the rubber off, maybe half a centimeter, maybe a lil more, would i get pulled?
well the rules state that any modified or cut mask is illegal.. so yeah in theary you could get pulled
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 01:22 PM #72
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

paintthrower - illegal mask. You changed the ORIGINAL design that does not fall into the sscenario I posed about the flex ears.

Zac - Kevin a good guy. Come by and say hi.

Hopper lid gets shot - your out. It is an integral part of your body/equipment.

If your pod gets shot while you are touching it-and yes this means if you dropped a pod and reach to pick it up and the pod is shot while you are touching it, you are eliminated. If it is hit while you are reloading, before you let go, you are eliminated.

Illegal marker - player gets a 6 game suspension and team plays short for 6 games. If I find out that some one has some kind of breakout mode, gangster mode , hater malicious code, whatever..........It is not going to be good. Be prepared for more than the 6 games. Tournament ejection for the whole team. There is no excuse. This is just as bad if not worse than wiping a hit. I may not catch you at first, but I will eventually.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM #73
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hl2
Say you're in a gunfight with someone and can't really check yourself but you are hit in an obvious spot and are not sure if its broke. If the player calls for a paintcheck but keeps playing, will the playe be penalized? Is it the player's responsibility to check himself no matter what?
its up to the reffs decision .. like if you got hit on the back.. but you cant tell then he may be penalized.

17.03 Obvious, but not Easily Verifiable while wearing goggles. Players with obvious hits in areas which are not easily verifiable, such as the back must immediately call on a teammate who can easily verify whether or not the paintball broke to indicate whether or not such player was eliminated. The teammate must respond immediately, and if the hit player was
eliminated, he must cease play, signal his elimination and exit the field. Failure to call on such teammate for verification or failure of such teammate to respond immediately constitutes playing on by the hit player. If no such teammate is available for verification, such player must immediately call for a paint check by a Field Ref. Failure to call for such a paint check immediately will constitute playing on by such player.

if you dint get checked the rulling would be

19.04 Two-for-One. Assessment of the two-for-one rule (the removal of the player committing the infraction and two teammates) may take place for the following infractions:
(1) Playing-On. Player continues to play after an obvious hit and materially
alters of the course of the game.
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM #74
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy22

yes you would be out
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM #75
FratGuyBelushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacobelldeathsquad
Illegal marker - player gets a 6 game suspension and team plays short for 6 games. If I find out that some one has some kind of breakout mode, gangster mode , hater malicious code, whatever..........It is not going to be good. Be prepared for more than the 6 games. Tournament ejection for the whole team. There is no excuse. This is just as bad if not worse than wiping a hit. I may not catch you at first, but I will eventually.
i thought i was right, but just thought to check. pretty common among a select group of players in the cities metro [as im sure it is everywhere]. but im glad you hate cheater guns as much as i do. i've heard of lens's being cracked from dwell ramping settings on pro boards, thats bad news...anyway, i appreciate the support.

Cobalt UL'd ST DM5

Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM #76
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
If I find out that some one has some kind of breakout mode, gangster mode , hater malicious code, whatever..........It is not going to be good. Be prepared for more than the 6 games. Tournament ejection for the whole team. There is no excuse. This is just as bad if not worse than wiping a hit. I may not catch you at first, but I will eventually.
Same goes for me i acctuly had have my lense break bc of a gun shooting 375 no joke i have pics .. and it on video.. ..we want every one to have a great safe time this event.. and drink a **** load of water.

good luck.
-Dan
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 01:45 PM #77
~OA-Soldier~

Cwapman, You're super cool. What field are you on so we can stop by and say hi?

For refs!
For cheaters!

-Glen
Old 07-19-2006, 01:54 PM #78
cwapman
Acta virum probant

ill be on field 4 the empire field..
ill have the red profiler on and maybe a cowboy hat.. eather that or a new gray i3.. just ask for me ill be a corner judge..
Thanks,
-Dan
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM #79
TBSensesFail
Mowing faces since 2002

can some1 explain the whole lasoya thing, was the guy he shot already out and thats why he was ejected or was it overshooting bc it was like a point blank thing? I'm pretty sure i saw the right vid

[||][||][||][||][||]
Put this in your sig if you're a Guitar Hero
Old 07-19-2006, 04:01 PM #80
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

Kyle Stahl was in the corner and was shot out from behind, he was asking a reff what the deal was. Lasoya shot him point blank.

The actual call was for gross misconduct, which constitutes a 5 min major and player is ejected from the match.

Not to mention Bob kicked him off the team.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:13 PM #81
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

"Originally Posted by Hl2
Say you're in a gunfight with someone and can't really check yourself but you are hit in an obvious spot and are not sure if its broke. If the player calls for a paintcheck but keeps playing, will the playe be penalized? Is it the player's responsibility to check himself no matter what?"

Again key words are "know you are hit in an obvious spot". As your question is written you would get a 2 for 1. Playing on with and obvious hit a materially altering the outcome of a game, i.e you kept firing.

Rule 17.03 is built in for both the player and the reff to address certain situations as they may happen. If you were in the same gunfight and you immediately stopped shooting or playing on and called for a paintcheck and were found to have a hit, the reff, using 17.03, can just eliminate you and not assess any penalty. The theory is that the masks do restrict vision to some areas on the player. But we have all played long enough to know what a break feels like. If you question if the ball broke enough to call for a paintcheck than you probably should stop firing and not chance it.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM #82
daskidude
Bye Randy

has been a member for 10 years
If you get hit in an unobvious place, you call a ref over for a paintcheck, can you keep shooting while he is checking you?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:52 PM #83
cwapman
Acta virum probant

yes
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 10:00 PM #84
cwapman
Acta virum probant