Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-18-2006, 05:09 PM #22
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the USPL
Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the PSP
Tacobelldeathsquad plays in the APPA D3 division
Muggy - regarding your situation;

"ok, game is over, and refs find an obvious hit on the flag carrier after he hung it.

is it different if it is an unobvious hit? is it different if he is the last guy alive? or say there are 3 guys left."

If it is an unobvious hit - player is eliminated, no pull, no hang. Flag is rehung. If he is the last player on the field than the game is over. KEY WORD HERE IS UNOBVIOUS.

If it is an OBVIOUS hit - and he is the last player. Rule 20.02 is used. "If the last player on a team is found to have been playing on with an obvious hit or wiping then the other team will automatically be awarded the pull and the hang."

It it is an OBVIOUS hit and there are more than 3 players left - the player is eliminated and a 2 for 1 is assesed(Rule 19.04 - Player continues to play after an obvious hit and materially alters the course of the game.) There is still one teamate left to potentially hang the flag.

Now understand that other factors may be involved and can potentially lead to a different ruling.

I hope this answeres your question.

Kimo
Old 07-18-2006, 05:27 PM #23
1ball1kill
SCS

This previous weekend i was playing a tournement and got called for over shooting. i was the last player alive on my team and the other team was also down to one player. i ran down the right tape line shooting and hit him twice in the mask he then turned around and 3 more shots that i thought were already fired hit him in the back. he then turned around and yelled at the ref that i bounus balled him. then as i was running for the flag i got pulled for overshooting. this was in the finals and made my team get 2nd. would you have called me for overshooting? i just want to know if what i did was truley wrong or if i just got screwed over.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:43 PM #24
IPaIInTbAlL IKid

IPaIInTbAlL IKid is a Supporting Member
IPaIInTbAlL IKid plays in the USPL
IPaIInTbAlL IKid plays in the PSP
you got screwed.

5 balls is nothing in ramping or in semi.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:17 PM #25
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

First off, these are MY opinions and MY interpretation of the rule book as written. The NPPL, PSP, NXL or whatever other league I may play or reff for does not have anything to do with this thread.

That being said, 1Ball1Kill- if I was there I probably wouldnt have pulled the penalty as long as what you said happend was true and what I saw supported it. Too many people cry wolf about overshooting and too many people overshoot.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:03 PM #26
Vision646
Sniper Force

Vision646 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think the rule is 6 balls is overshooting. don't quote me on that i'm not a ref, but thats always been my understading.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM #27
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
This may be a stupid question and really isnt any of my business, but out of curiousity. Do you guys make decent money reffing the NPPL events?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:53 PM #28
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
cwapman is BST Trusted
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a tip in life .. dont ask how much ppl make it gets on there nurves....
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-18-2006, 09:18 PM #29
~OA-Soldier~

When thinking of trying a job type, I believe one of the things you look at is pay scales. However, The open asking might be a little off color. If they don't feel comfortable answering that in the open, Perhaps inquire if they will PM you the answer you desire.

-Glen

I love refs
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 PM #30
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
pm'ed
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 PM #31
cpthook911
NB 4 Life

hey guys i am just wondering about the clinics and what they are like, i am debating going to the socal one before psp San Bernardino, i want to know also the likely hood of peopple being hired after the clinic because the way to sell it to my ride(my parents) is making money at the end of it and the likely hood of me being able to be hired.

Thanks guys,
Eric

supporting refs since '06
(i just started playing/reffing)

I have pants..you need? http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2107635
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 PM #32
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision646
I think the rule is 6 balls is overshooting. don't quote me on that i'm not a ref, but thats always been my understading.
This is what teh rule book says

Quote:
Over Shooting. Over shooting any other player with intent to injure.
in my eyes thats shooting some one 15+ times .. or like a lasoya assanation ..
.. we all have ben shot like 8 times getting bunkerd its part of the game ... but if it comes to the point of intent to injure then it will result in a
Quote:
6 game suspention where the player will be ejected and the team will play short for 6 games..
quotes are right out of the rule book

hope this helps
NPPL REF #22

Last edited by cwapman : 07-18-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:56 PM #33
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthook911
hey guys i am just wondering about the clinics and what they are like, i am debating going to the socal one before psp San Bernardino, i want to know also the likely hood of peopple being hired after the clinic because the way to sell it to my ride(my parents) is making money at the end of it and the likely hood of me being able to be hired.

Thanks guys,
Eric

supporting refs since '06
(i just started playing/reffing)

hey .. i have not ben to a psp training course but i assume its firmiliar with the nppl ones .. what happens at the nppl cources are 1st day you will talk a bit get to know each other .. then you will start going over what reffing involves and different procedures and rules.. after that you will get on the field and run some non shooting drills where they teach you the correct angles and calls for different circumstances and then thats end of day one .. day 2 you will go over a few more rules and then you'll be reffing real games and then some chat time and then the test .. after that more chant and your free..

theres lunch breaks tooo

every cource can be different bc they may be trying new things but thats the basic laydown...

now if you get hired thats up to how you perform in the class and if they need extra refs..

Hope that helps
-Dan
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 PM #34
R0bby

in my opinion overshooting is like 15+i mean especially with ramping and as fast as guns shoot today
Old 07-18-2006, 10:31 PM #35
P8ntball1014
Gotta Win To Win

P8ntball1014 plays in the PSP
P8ntball1014 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
P8ntball1014 plays in the APPA D2 division
how about a modded profiler, meaning it has the soft ears put on it. I'm only asking because I do see some people slip by without problems.

ShopPB.com
Shoppb.com
Paintball Wholesalers
Paintball Adventure Park
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=731136
Old 07-18-2006, 10:34 PM #36
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
that would be illegal bc it is modified from how the manufactuar had it.. like you would have to cut the profilers ears off then add soft ears .. you cant have that ... sorry.. not a bad idea tho
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 PM #37
Tacobelldeathsquad
LA HITMEN

I have found in life that how much you get paid is never enough. I feel lucky that I get paid for being involved in something that I love so much.

That being said, as a reff you get paid what your worth. Work hard get paid. Slack off and you probably wont be coming back.

The clinics are as good as the effort you put into them. I work with Tim and the PSP ref clinics and I will tell you that people are picked who show the ability to correctly perform the duty. Many come to the clinic but are not neccessarily used. Reason being that there may be someone else who shows more apptitude in doing a better job.

Overshooting can be one ball(the lasoya assasination in texas) or 30. It is a call that the reff has to make using ALL the factors involved.

Modded profiler- if you cut the ears off and replaced it with and aftermarketears. NO GO.

If you change the original design and alter the safety factors that were designed into the goggle I will not allow it. If you want clarification- come ask.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 PM #38
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
lol well said.. about the pay and all that coulnt have put it better myself..did i ?..lol
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 PM #39
treeflip7
p-to-da-ushaaa

treeflip7 is an NCPA player
question about layers............Is it two layers and 1 layer of padding or is it jsut two layers, padding counting as one. Right along with that, is this illegal http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...4AAAEHlNsPTA_A
Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 PM #40
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeflip7
question about layers............Is it two layers and 1 layer of padding or is it jsut two layers, padding counting as one. Right along with that, is this illegal http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...4AAAEHlNsPTA_A
you can have elbow/forarm pads pluss a t shirt and a jursey

and yes that chest protecter is illegal

-Dan
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-18-2006, 11:52 PM #41
1ball1kill
SCS

yea the refs at this feild hate us. we get hometowned bad. oh and earlier in the game one of our players got shot out by a kid who obviously played on and one of our players got pulled for "pushing down a bunker" while bunkering a kid in the snake. oh and fyi the player that got me pulled for overshooting was the field owners daughter. my team won't play at that feild agian.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM #42
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is BST Trusted
hahaha no comment
NPPL REF #22