~~Woodsballers Anonymous Club~~ - Page 24 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 AM #484
Spade914
UK2K
 
Spade914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UofL
I haven't played since January....I need to get out there.


My new hopper and tank came in today, now I just need to get my upped 98c RT and apache sold.
__________________
don't need no sig
Spade914 is offline  
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 AM #485
knife71
 
 
knife71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Does anyone know where i can get a ghost rc if they still make em?
knife71 is offline  
Old 07-06-2006, 11:19 AM #486
Artgod
 
 
Artgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC
http://www.woodsballers.com - finally.... sorry for the wait.


AG -

Last edited by Artgod : 07-06-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Artgod is offline  
Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 PM #487
Spade914
UK2K
 
Spade914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UofL
Thanks so much man for doing all this.


Now lets spread the word. Put it in your sigs. Tell people at your field. With some effort, this can become the biggest and best woodsball community on the web (getting ahead of myself of course....)
__________________
don't need no sig
Spade914 is offline  
Old 07-18-2006, 05:30 PM #488
glaman5266
 
 
glaman5266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Wow... nice website!. I'm there! I should have been keeping up w/this a little better, huh? lol
__________________
MCB
Feedback: MCB, PbNation (old) (new)
Rattlehead22 scammed me! Don't deal with him!
glaman5266 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 AM #489
P8ntball Phanatic 13
 
 
P8ntball Phanatic 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northeast PA
woodsball IS paintball! it was the first, the alpha. it came first. paintball was thought-up, crafted, and first played in a woodsball scenario. woodsball gives the thrill of being in a war. you need to think ahead of your enemy. there are no hot lanes, just a clearing of trees on a 5 acre wooded field which you failed to keep your eye trained on. woodsball is an art. i would play woodsball over tourneyball any day of the week.
__________________
Show no mercy...for you shall receive none!

Proud member of the Woodsballers Anonymous Club!
Check it out! www.woodsballers.com
P8ntball Phanatic 13 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 02:30 PM #490
glaman5266
 
 
glaman5266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Then feel free to check out our webpage/forum at www.woodsballers.com .
__________________
MCB
Feedback: MCB, PbNation (old) (new)
Rattlehead22 scammed me! Don't deal with him!
glaman5266 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 PM #491
FeVeR12
 
 
FeVeR12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
FeVeR12 plays in the APPA D5 division
Im registered!
FeVeR12 is offline  
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 PM #492
spike22
Cok'ed, Locked and Ready
 
spike22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
spike22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
thanks Fever!! see you there!
__________________
Once&Forever BKOwners!
spike22 is offline  
Old 07-22-2006, 04:55 PM #493
paint maniac
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
this sums it up for me


Woodsball™ Manifesto
By: Tyger

We are Woodsball™ players. We are the core of paintball. Over 90% of the players play paintball in the woods, and yet 90% of all in-paintball media coverage ignores us. We play not for prizes or money or fame, but for the passion of the game. We play because the challenge is there; every weekend, all around the world. We just need to show up and accept it.

We are not the pretty-boys of speedball. We are the anti-heroes of the mainstream. You won't see us on posters or in videos sliding into bunkers with names like "cans" or "snakes", and that's fine by us. The real game isn't spit shined, groomed and polished or made for TV. It's down and dirty, in the literal trenches. Our fields are not well maintained lawns; it's terrain that both teams overcome. We don't complain about sand or dirt or uneven fields, its part of the world we play in. Scratches and dings in our equipment are displayed with pride, and we can tell you where they happened, and how deep in the crud we were when we got it.

We are the roots of the game that have been abandoned by much of the mainstream industry. We don't throw aside where we've come from to make the game more palatable for an audience. If nobody sees what we do, it does not make the effort or result worth less. We drive through back roads to fields that nobody knows about but ourselves. We know we're there when we lose our favorite radio station and the cell phones won't work anymore. We play under the media radar with no reward other than bragging rights because we want to play. There are no prizes, no million dollar checks, but that makes neither our tenacity to win no less fierce nor our games less meaningful for us.

Our chosen uniform is camouflage, not because we want to be militaristic but because it works. We use our clothing as a part of our game, something that escapes many of the "firefight specialists" that play only arena games. The paintgun is only one tool of a well rounded player, not the only tool. We know this; as we use all the skills and tools we have every weekend.

Based only on our clothing, our gear, and our chosen locations of play, we are looked at as inferior players. We are told we would never stand a chance in a "real game" of paintball. We understand your arena game; yet you refuse to understand our woods game? We are not throwbacks to a long dead game. Yes, we are living history, but we have evolved. We honor our roots, but we do not abandon them to follow the next "promise" in paintball. Long after the "flavor of the month" arena game has worn out, we will be playing in the woods. To know the past is to control our future, and we embrace both.

We are told that we should abandon the woods, for the better good of "the future of the game". Our presence threatens those who never have, and probably never will, understand what the origins of paintball are. They think we will scare away the media by looking like "militia members". Not that fist fights and blatant cheating will attract any better media attention in their games. Not that terms like "Bounce Engineered" or "Ramping Technology" mean anything to the true roots of what paintball started as; what paintball should be. Are the arena players scared of us or ashamed because we remind them what they should be?

We are woodsball™ players. Any given weekend we'll be playing our game with a grasp on the past and an eye on our future. Players that don't understand will come and go, we know this. They can play under the bright lights in front of audiences and pretend to be rock stars all they want. We'll be in the woods years after you retire, playing the game of paintball the way it always had been played; with honor, with integrity, and with friends. All 90% of us.

© 2005 Panther Free Press
http://www.tyger.us

Open permission to print / distribute / repost on other personal web pages as long as this disclaimer, my web site and my name remain attached to the text. "Share and Enjoy" Any use of this article in a paid media (Magazines, paid or sponsored e-zines / paintball field pieriodicals or newsletters, and so on) is permitted ONLY if permission is given first from the author.
paint maniac is offline  
Old 07-23-2006, 05:19 PM #494
Tac-5 Alive (Banned)
 
 
Tac-5 Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I'm a woodsballer no doubt. I try to compare it to my friends like skateboarding...you've got your vert skaters...and your street skaters.

To me...speedball, hyperball, xball, etc, are like the vert skaters...all flashy and junk, a little boring to watch after awhile cuz they do the same thing...

whereas woodsball is street skating...back to the roots, back to your turf, no borders, etc.

everyone has already listed the same reasons for why i like woodsball as well, so i won't re-list them here. but i do like how when you come under fire the leaves and twigs and branches all around you start exploding into beautiful paint splashes around you.
Tac-5 Alive is offline  
Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 AM #495
themish1
Johns Hopkins
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint maniac
this sums it up for me


Woodsball™ Manifesto
By: Tyger

We are Woodsball™ players. We are the core of paintball. Over 90% of the players play paintball in the woods, and yet 90% of all in-paintball media coverage ignores us. We play not for prizes or money or fame, but for the passion of the game. We play because the challenge is there; every weekend, all around the world. We just need to show up and accept it.

We are not the pretty-boys of speedball. We are the anti-heroes of the mainstream. You won't see us on posters or in videos sliding into bunkers with names like "cans" or "snakes", and that's fine by us. The real game isn't spit shined, groomed and polished or made for TV. It's down and dirty, in the literal trenches. Our fields are not well maintained lawns; it's terrain that both teams overcome. We don't complain about sand or dirt or uneven fields, its part of the world we play in. Scratches and dings in our equipment are displayed with pride, and we can tell you where they happened, and how deep in the crud we were when we got it.

We are the roots of the game that have been abandoned by much of the mainstream industry. We don't throw aside where we've come from to make the game more palatable for an audience. If nobody sees what we do, it does not make the effort or result worth less. We drive through back roads to fields that nobody knows about but ourselves. We know we're there when we lose our favorite radio station and the cell phones won't work anymore. We play under the media radar with no reward other than bragging rights because we want to play. There are no prizes, no million dollar checks, but that makes neither our tenacity to win no less fierce nor our games less meaningful for us.

Our chosen uniform is camouflage, not because we want to be militaristic but because it works. We use our clothing as a part of our game, something that escapes many of the "firefight specialists" that play only arena games. The paintgun is only one tool of a well rounded player, not the only tool. We know this; as we use all the skills and tools we have every weekend.

Based only on our clothing, our gear, and our chosen locations of play, we are looked at as inferior players. We are told we would never stand a chance in a "real game" of paintball. We understand your arena game; yet you refuse to understand our woods game? We are not throwbacks to a long dead game. Yes, we are living history, but we have evolved. We honor our roots, but we do not abandon them to follow the next "promise" in paintball. Long after the "flavor of the month" arena game has worn out, we will be playing in the woods. To know the past is to control our future, and we embrace both.

We are told that we should abandon the woods, for the better good of "the future of the game". Our presence threatens those who never have, and probably never will, understand what the origins of paintball are. They think we will scare away the media by looking like "militia members". Not that fist fights and blatant cheating will attract any better media attention in their games. Not that terms like "Bounce Engineered" or "Ramping Technology" mean anything to the true roots of what paintball started as; what paintball should be. Are the arena players scared of us or ashamed because we remind them what they should be?

We are woodsball™ players. Any given weekend we'll be playing our game with a grasp on the past and an eye on our future. Players that don't understand will come and go, we know this. They can play under the bright lights in front of audiences and pretend to be rock stars all they want. We'll be in the woods years after you retire, playing the game of paintball the way it always had been played; with honor, with integrity, and with friends. All 90% of us.

© 2005 Panther Free Press
http://www.tyger.us

Open permission to print / distribute / repost on other personal web pages as long as this disclaimer, my web site and my name remain attached to the text. "Share and Enjoy" Any use of this article in a paid media (Magazines, paid or sponsored e-zines / paintball field pieriodicals or newsletters, and so on) is permitted ONLY if permission is given first from the author.
great manifesto....
"We understand your arena game; yet you refuse to understand our woods game?"

"Not that fist fights and blatant cheating will attract any better media attention in their games. Not that terms like "Bounce Engineered" or "Ramping Technology" mean anything to the true roots of what paintball started as; what paintball should be."

There is clearly no understanding from the writer of this manifesto. This split between woods and speed is absolutely ridiculous. Many people in this thread keep saying things like there arent fist fights and blatant cheating at big woods games...They've obviously never been at a woods game larger than 10 people. At large scenario games, cheating is significantly higher than it is at any speedball tournament. Get off your high horses, dinosaurs, morality isnt greater on your side either.

Granted I've played woods for a lot longer, Woods is fantastic and Speedball is fantastic. But please try to be the better person and not flame the other side. They've evolved differently, get over it. It is detrimental to paintball as a whole to have opinions like this aired publicly as opinions like this slow down technological growth of paintball products and encourage players to NOT try out new styles of play, whether it be a speedballer playing woods or vice versa, which is really just a crime. People with this kind of an attitude are bad for this sport.
themish1 is offline  
Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 AM #496
spike22
Cok'ed, Locked and Ready
 
spike22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
spike22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
i agree with you and i don't...
i agree that there is a lot of wipers in a 24-hour game...unfortunate, but true...but when you boil it down...the attitude of "winning is everything" is more at the heart of speedballers then in woodsballers...and so you see more blantant cheating (playing while you know your hit, wiping, fist fights (which i have never in my 10 years playing at a woodsball game seen), ect) there then at woods games...
i don't slam speedballers for the game they play...(i wouldn't mind learning to play it to see if there's anything about it that appeals to me)...just the way that they play it....paintball is supposed to be fun...being shot by 15-20 balls from someone five feet away just because they have their markers set on ramping and they couldn't help it (or didn't want to help it) doesn't sound like fun to me...
__________________
Once&Forever BKOwners!
spike22 is offline  
Old 07-24-2006, 02:52 PM #497
themish1
Johns Hopkins
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike22
i agree with you and i don't...
i agree that there is a lot of wipers in a 24-hour game...unfortunate, but true...but when you boil it down...the attitude of "winning is everything" is more at the heart of speedballers then in woodsballers...and so you see more blantant cheating (playing while you know your hit, wiping, fist fights (which i have never in my 10 years playing at a woodsball game seen), ect) there then at woods games...
i don't slam speedballers for the game they play...(i wouldn't mind learning to play it to see if there's anything about it that appeals to me)...just the way that they play it....paintball is supposed to be fun...being shot by 15-20 balls from someone five feet away just because they have their markers set on ramping and they couldn't help it (or didn't want to help it) doesn't sound like fun to me...
Really? We've had fights break out twice in outlaw games...it was over who shot who first. Ive personally been in more than one shootout at big games where the first person to call out was the first person to finally stop firing because of how much they were hit. In one specific case, i tagged some kid in the pack and called him on it. He turns around and starts ripping at me. Finally it turned into both of us standing in the open just throwing a hoppers worht of paint at eachother until the other one stopped firing from the pain. And its definately not like i'm unique or anything, everyone has these stories. This kind of thing is very common in large games. I know that this wouldnt have happened in a speed tournament because of how reffing works.

Last edited by themish1 : 07-24-2006 at 03:00 PM.
themish1 is offline  
Old 07-24-2006, 02:58 PM #498
spike22
Cok'ed, Locked and Ready
 
spike22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
spike22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
*shakes head*...thats just sad...it's just a game....i realize that we all hate to be out...but that's the joy of woodsball...you're back in the next game...*shrugs*....i just don't get it....
__________________
Once&Forever BKOwners!
spike22 is offline  
Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 AM #499
P8ntball Phanatic 13
 
 
P8ntball Phanatic 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northeast PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike22
*shakes head*...thats just sad...it's just a game....i realize that we all hate to be out...but that's the joy of woodsball...you're back in the next game...*shrugs*....i just don't get it....
i hear you, man. i mean...im with you on this. the love of the game and the fun and excitement of playing is the reason i go out and play in the first place. and i play with a bunch of guys who share my feelings. i mean, everytime i play woodsball, me and my fellow players have our own rules and an honor system. and to this day, there hasn't been one fight or argument over who shot first or who wiped. it comes down to who played better and smarter. and, after all (like you said), the next game is always just a few minuets away.

in the end, its a matter of personal opinion. i choose woodsball. we could argue all day over the pros and cons, the cheating and the reffing between both styles of play and it would never matter. they happen all the time in both styles. you just have to play what YOU enjoy. hot lanes, snakes/cans, and 25 balls from a few feet away are enjoyable to some. stealth, trees/brush, and one ball from a sniper 110+ feet away are enjoyable to others. but dont think for a moment your style of play is better. its all still PAINTBALL. and everyone still plays because they love to do it...speedball, woodsball, or anything in between.
__________________
Show no mercy...for you shall receive none!

Proud member of the Woodsballers Anonymous Club!
Check it out! www.woodsballers.com
P8ntball Phanatic 13 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump