Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:40 AM #1
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Guide Section 1: Convention Upgrading and Moding

Section 1: Conventional Upgrading and Modding

By conventional I mean things that are available directly from AGD, or other Mag upgrade related companies. This will leave you with a mag that looks similar to this one:

(this Mag bleongs to "THE_KAMKA" here on PBN)

X-Valve
First of all to get your mag shooting faster you will want an X-Valve. These are available directly from AGD for $325, or you can do the valve trade in program and get one for $225. The valve trade it program is when you send in your Classic/Minimag valve and they give you a $100 discount on the X-valve. http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu... categoryID=9

"Now all aluminum with hyper-fast recharge makes this our most popular upgrade! The reactive trigger actually pushes your finger back after firing each shot! Shootdown is gone forever and the gas flows into the chamber so fast you can feel the valve heat up after a long string. Comes with everything you see here and is a direct replacement for the standard Mag valve. Slide it right in and go to town!" Taken from www.airgun.com

X-Valves are basically the same thing as RT Valves, and E-Mag valves. They are just alluminum and weight 3 oz less.

Double Trigger
The next upgrade you should look at would be a double trigger frame.
There are many different styles made by different companies.

You can go the oldschool way, and cut off your standard single trigger frame and add a double trigger, as I have on my Minimag.

There are "Chimera" frames from www.themagsmith.com

Standard Features:
~AGD styled trigger guard
~AGD Safety Mechanism
~AGD Intelli-Feed Bracket
~ULE weight reduction
~Trigger Guard Slot(for easy frame screw removal)

(PIcture and specs from www.themagsmith.com)

Rouge Has stunned us again with the ULF ( Ultra Light Frame). IT has a 1.5 oz weight reduction over stock intelliframes.

(picture from RogueFactor)

Logic Paintball makes "The Ultimate Mech Mag Frame"
www.logicpaintball.com

"The fact is that I wasn't happy to just sit back after having brought the vert
frame to the AutoMag. Nope, I was constantly bothered by the fact that Angel
grips are nearly impossible to find, expensive when you do find them, and once
found, force the frame they fit to be exceedingly tall. I wasn't happy about it
no sir, but what to do? For the longest time, I had no idea. Then one day, I was
chatting with a fellow about the wonderful amalgams that you find in paintball today
when it hit me. Why not take the average of the frame angles of both a vert style
and a .45 style frame? Why not indeed.

What you see above is the result. The first frame that we did in this style was the
Ultimate Shocker Frame, and it's effect on anyone who handles one really drove home
the effectiveness of the hybrid frame angle concept. So, armed with this new technology
I set off to revamp our whole product line. It took a little time, but this change has
now settled in Mag town. The new Ultimate Mechanical Mag frame gives you all the comfort of a vert style frame
but with none of the drawbacks. It takes standard .45 style grips, and is over an inch
shorter in height than the vert it replaces. The trigger stops are still there, as is the
safety, the intellifeed mount, and the integrated dovetail rail. Along with said rail, the
bottom is tapped with two (2) sets of bottom line screw holes, to give you as many options
for mounting your air system as possible. Stock color frames will have the trigger color matched
to the frame.

These frames will bolt onto any marker (classic, RTP, or XValve) with an RTP style rail, with no
modifications. The trigger guard is very large though, so I do no suggest the use of a classic rail
as you likely won't have any place left to mount a foregrip."

(picture and description from www.logicpaintball.com)

Logic also has another vert frame, but it is discontinued, so you will only be able to find them used.

Straight from AGD comes the intelliframe. "Packaged STOCK with black DYE grips and your choice of Blade or Double Triggers. Comes in hand-polished black, matte black, or for a little more you can look good in chrome! This beauty is machined out of a solid block of aluminum and takes over 35 tools to produce. Regular versions (the first 6 listed) fit the Automag, Pro Classic, Minimag, RT Pro and RT ULE Custom.

If you own an Automag RT, be sure to select an RT version (last 6 in the list). DO NOT buy an RT version if you own an RT Pro - these are only for the old Automag RT."

(picture and description from www.airgun.com)

www.themagsmith.com also has the intelliframe custom which has different anno styles, sticky 3's and an RPG trigger.

A more interesting grip frame for the mags comes in the form of the Y and Z grip frames. Y frames were temporarily discontinued. but will be back in production in no time. Z grips have been out of production for a while.

Y-Grip

(Picture taken from the AGD Online Museum)

Z-Grip

(Picture taken from the AGD Online Museum)

ULT
The next upgrade you should get would be the ULT trigger pull kit from AGD.

"The ULE trigger pull kit allows you to drop the trigger pull weight of your gun to 15 ounces! Easy installation / Drop-In retrofit for X-Valves, Emag Valves or Modified Retro-Valves.** NOT suitable for use with Automag/Classic/Minimag Valves.

**Although the ULE trigger pull kit fits in Emag, Xmag and X-Valves, it should not be used in an Emag or Xmag."

(picture and description from www.airgun.com)

Auto-Response trigger
This is a frame that will fire your Mag when you pull, and release the trigger. They are discontinued, and used cost about $200. These are not field legal.

(UThomas' AR Framed Mag)

Video of UThomas' AR Framed Mag:
http://home.comcast.net/~thomas_mitc...toresponse.wmv

Now on to modifications that make your mag shoot faster:

Rapid Fire
First of all, we have all seen the video of Zak Vetter shooting 34bps with a mag. (if not watch the movie on his website www.zakvetter.com) He achieved these speeds by connecting a scuba tank to an RT-Valve Mag and cranking up the input pressure. This gave the trigger extreme reactivity, so all he did was sweet spot the trigger. This can also be achieved with an adjustable tank. It will not work with the ULT. But if you add one or two more shims on it than you need you will get reactivity out of it.

Zak Vetter is probably the leading authority on Mag rapid fire, and his site is very helpful on rapid fire tips.

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...isclaimer.html

He also has many videos displaying rapid fire on Mags.

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...deos_main.html

Alpha has a how-to on rapid-fire for ULT Mags.

http://home.comcast.net/~jaketakeoko...Pages/main.htm (go to Mag Tech, then Rapid-Fire)

ULT rapid fire video by atm743 :
http://media.putfile.com/atm743-mech-mag-ULT

Sear Mod
Next there is the sear mod. You can do these yourself or have them done professionally.

"- the trigger pull is shorter
- the trigger pull is heavier than stock sear and ULT on/off assembly
- the trigger pull is lighter than stock sear and stock RT on/off assembly
- much less chuffing!
- still can chuff-but mucho less...
- no damage to sear/bolt lock up relationship! ("Jack&Coke" on AO)

A how to was posted on AO by "Jack&Coke"

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...=trigger+stops

Luke-AO (here on PBN) will do this mod for you at www.lukescustoms.com for a very cheap price.

All of these things will make your mag "walkable" but not like an electro. The fastest you will achieve theoretically will be around 10-15 bps. 34bps with the RT/modded X-Valve and high imput pressure.

That concludes section 1.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 AM #2
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Reserved for me
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 AM #3
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?