PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2006, 11:45 AM #1
Void_33

how to headfirst dive?

Alright ive ben trying, but its scary the first few times ill admit it...I know im gunna need elbow pads but idk about knee pads, i see the pro's head firsting into every bunker just about, is this neccisary? also- how should i land? and on what? my elbows and knees? should i just do a superman head first jump low to the ground or is there a special way to do it? thx again- latar
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2006, 02:24 PM #2
gamedemon89
\/ \/ lost a bet =( \/ \/

i think it should be more of like, you start out running low, and then u sorta trip onto your stomach and slide. hold your marker up high and use your other hand to press into the ground. feet should be up. i dont think u need elbow pads unless youre sliding in on your side.

"Originally posted by dyeing2live026: no matter what I text him next, somebody's getting raped today"

FEEDBACK por favor (if we've done business of course)
Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM #3
kamrynd

be careful with ur gun if you hit it too hard might snap your on and off or rail or somethin. trust me its happen lots of times.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:37 PM #4
gamedemon89

yea and ive seen hopper feednecks break clean off too. not fun

"Originally posted by dyeing2live026: no matter what I text him next, somebody's getting raped today"

Old 07-02-2006, 02:40 PM #5
the imitator

stance before your breakout should be low knees bent really low and then when the ref says go go go pay atention to acceleration that speed because your want to get to the highest speed possible in 30 yards or so. and since you are already low just lean forward at the end and you`ll loose balance and boom.
free hand pushing you with legs slighty off the ground and make sure so you dont slam your gun have the tank on your four arm and drag your wrist. remeber if you are holding your gun with your right hand you want to slide with the top of your hopper pointing to the right and same with left you want to have the top of you hopper pointing to the left
Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 PM #6
striker09
Thirst Quenching X-Factor

ive seen plenty mistakes like that and make sure u dont do any of that
u can also use the search "superman dives"

E-Class Orracle F/S http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1386364

Black/Blue Fade SYSTEM X NME

FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1557243
Old 07-02-2006, 03:57 PM #7
take the snake14

run real fast, stay low. dont jump, its more of a headfirst controlled fall. land on your forearms and stomach, your knees will come into play too. you should practice it at home first before you try it in a game, no need to hurt yourself.

feedback
Old 07-02-2006, 03:58 PM #8
dynastyp8ntb
Baller 4 Life

just start hauling to ur bunker(typically the snake is most common for superman dives). so, ur running, and once u get kinda near ur bunker u start falling and just fall into the dive while pushing off with ur feet so u go farther. land on ur left elbow and the back of ur right hand which is holding the gun. dont dive withur barrel going into the groundbut let ur tank sorta take some of the fallo isntead. it should be on ur forearm tho. u might want knee pads. u should just buy pants with pads in them liek some jts or somethin. practice in ur house landing on mats or stuff. thats what i do.
Feedback (+1/-0)
Old 07-02-2006, 04:07 PM #9
Crises of Perception
Always Question

First off, correct is terminology is superman (thats what it's called when you dive head fist), so no more head firsting....ok? Now to do a super man it's pretty simple. You play paintball so lose the fear. Run low knees bent and your body slightly forward when you get within a distance to your bunker you think you can make it trip (do not throw yourself that hurts) just use the momentum of running and trip easily onto the ground using 1 hand to hold your gun up (keep the barrel high) and then the other hand should hit the ground palm down and you can use it to push so you get a little extra distance. Slide into the bunker and get your marker up and ready to shoot asap.

*Note* If you don't make it to your bunker screw trying to look cool, do whatever you can to get into cover. If your half way in to a bunker and your slide just stops suck in your feet tight into your chest and resume play. If you totally mess it up and your in the open crawl as fast to the nearest bunker. Remember there are 2 key essentials in paintball, staying alive, and shooting. If you can't do both pick the best one for the situation. (ie don't shoot when your in the open just haul *** to a bunker).
No need for greed or hunger
Nothing to kill or die for

...A brotherhood of man, sharing all the world
Old 07-02-2006, 04:09 PM #10
gamedemon89

also when you are running, hold the rail, not the grip, because your tank is the heaviest part of your marker (or should be) and thats where the center of mass is.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:16 PM #11
outkast10wgp

If you have never done it before you might want to try landing on your side, because landing on your stomach isn't pleasent sometimes. You should practice in your backyard to get the hang of it....If its really hot out do it on some little kids slip and slide thing(with out your gun).
Philadelphia Americans Fan Club Member #155

Feedback
Old 07-02-2006, 04:18 PM #12
pwn3d

Wink

Or, you could just **** the whole thing and do a Baseball slide
Much Easier
Old 07-02-2006, 04:20 PM #13
pwn3d

Supermen hurt your balls
Old 07-02-2006, 05:27 PM #14
the imitator

you my friend are a retard ^^^^
Old 07-02-2006, 06:32 PM #15
Void_33

alright so, this is what ive gather'd, im gunna kinda tuck my tank into my inner elbow with my tank on top of my forearm, stay low, crouched and back bent, ill get like 5/6 feet away from snake maybe a bit more depending what kinda snake, and just kinda fall w/ my momentum from running pushing me forward? Ill put my left hand out in front of me palm open with my left arm tilted forward infront of me not straight down or else my arm would just fly back when it hit the ground?... Ill land on the bottom of my right forearm/elbow and my left open palm and my knees and then see where it goes from there...sound good?

Last edited by Void_33 : 07-02-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:57 PM #16
AGP16
CumminTryMe

AGP16 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
You know what you should do? Go pick up the June issue of PGI, has a pretty good article on diving done by Ryan Greenspan. On page 62 is a perfect example of how not to dive. I laughed so hard when I saw the photos.

Combat Wounded Marine - Some Assembly Required
Old 07-02-2006, 07:59 PM #17
Klasic
TGOD

Klasic plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP16
You know what you should do? Go pick up the June issue of PGI, has a pretty good article on diving done by Ryan Greenspan. On page 62 is a perfect example of how not to dive. I laughed so hard when I saw the photos.

Take pics and post?

Its really simple, it just comes natural when your running fast. Just dont jump and land on yours tomach because it will really hurt. What helps me, is basiclly do a baseball slide, where you dont exactly jump, you sorta slide your way into it. Put your gun out and dont leave your feet untill your gun is almost on the ground. Just look at some pics of people superman'ing into bunkers or something and youll notice how you dont really "jump" and land on your stomach, its more of a really low dive.

www.nickhammonddesign.com

Best deigns. Period.

Go to pages > Portfolio to see his work!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:04 PM #18
Ghostrunner
Angel with no Mercy

I have that issue too "Beware the Scorpion." ( if you read the article you'll understand ) The scorpion involves your feet and your head. That's all I'll say.
Blue 05' Speed
G7 Lazer Eyes, Evolve Newton Kit, v7.0 ramping software
Stock 05' Black/Yellow Karnivor(Coming Soon)
Boston Red Legion (Russian Legion) Fan # 243 & 1/2
Friends don't let other friends be Emo
Old 07-02-2006, 09:04 PM #19
WGP_junky

What I do is run and fall. Hey it works. Actually I don't play the snake much, but when I do I just knee slide and crawl.

"I always get hit within the first minute of the start of the game!"
"Why don't you hide behind a bigger bunker!"
-dialogue between me and a new kid at our field
Old 07-03-2006, 02:36 AM #20
alexent

if you do the slide right..you really dont need elbow pads
Old 07-03-2006, 09:12 AM #21
SunTzu3873
Antwerp Assasin

SunTzu3873 plays in the PSP
SunTzu3873 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SunTzu3873 plays in the APPA D5 division
the scorpion haha soo funny pic.

ill see if i cn post it up.

Looks like hes gunna break his neck!

Proudly sponsored by: | GI Sportz | Planet Eclipse | Paintballsupplies | Rockstar Energy Drink