PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-25-2006, 01:19 AM #1
brasseagleblade101
life is good

Tip for Playing front

Well, our captain has been working our least talented skill set these past few weeks- switching things up so we can fill in and play all roles on the field.

For some reason, I (6'1") have been playing snake every single time we run drills. I am getting pretty good (I can consistently go off the break and superman, or just bump and slide in without getting hit.

However, I run into problems- I generally go prone or crouch (can't stay on my feet. I can get tight, but I just can't seem to snap, leading me to post for excessive periods of time). I can always take at least one body with, usually two, but when I go from the snake I generally get nailed.

Does anybody have any good tips for moving up through the snake VERY quickly from a superman or slide when your back is shooting tape over your head?

Also, to what degree should the front be talking to back players?

Thanks dudes- this whole front/snake thing is all freaky to me...

Last edited by brasseagleblade101 : 06-25-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2006, 02:56 AM #2
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the APPA D1 division
the communication between the snake player, and the corner player behind the snake player is crutial. When a player is in snake, they should be working on shooting inside, across the field, and have the corner player behind them play down the tape for them. Typically, the corner player should be able to shoot in his mirror/anyone else down the tape and have the snake player just crawl up. But, it dosent hurt if you (as the snake player) learn to shoot while crawling (its not to tricky if you play with PSP mode, if you play semi, its gonna take some practice to do more than 1 ball at ppl, bit, still helps). If you play with PSP mode, it shouldnt take TOO much practice before you can accuratley shoot in a corner player while crawling down snake.

James Butts fan club #1-100
Old 06-25-2006, 03:11 AM #3
Eclipsed
project μ

Eclipsed is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Im the same height and usually have the same role you.

Once you superman Gerald Garcia told me at a clinic to do a sort of 3 point monkey/crabcrawl. You know, the football drill you used to do. You have to do it incredibly fast and its extremely exhausting but you move up fast and you stay low.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:04 PM #4
Smart_Parts_Rebel

Smart_Parts_Rebel plays in the PSP
Smart_Parts_Rebel is an NCPA player
Smart_Parts_Rebel is an NCPA National Champion
Smart_Parts_Rebel plays in the APPA D4 division
dorito side ftw!!! jk, but just keep your pack and butt low to the ground. also make sure that when your about to move up tapeside, that your back man is covering your move. also, be prepared to be in close encounters with others in the snake.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:43 PM #5
KillerKid898
You can't kill integrity

doing bear crawls or,whatever you want to call it alot will really help you move faster,get a friend to get a stick or a pole or something and have them hold it above you while you crawl at about the heigth of the bunker and everytime you touch that pole then you have to go back and restart the crawl,its a good way to learn and stay low,eventually youll get faster
Old 07-02-2006, 01:24 AM #6
xbraveonetwox
highwayman

Snake is one of the positions where you have angles on most of the field depending where you are, but you need to remember anywhere you can hit from there you can hit too. It's not somewhere you want to keep your head up and post from, because too many people will know it's filled off the break not to mention the other team probably already has someone in there or someone to fill it. Good snap shooting skills are a MUST for the snake, and if you want to live after getting out you need to learn to be a real run thru master, a true highwayman. Once you get out just run and gun, because 98% of the time there'll still be opposing players out there by the time you're ready to get out. Just don't do anything you wouldn't do in any other bunker, wrap your bunker and make sure you're not hanging out.
- black non vision Imp with cp roller trigger, tapeworm, cp rail cp asa, magic purple macroline
-stock mag with agd cp barrel
FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post23950809