PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-28-2006, 10:23 AM #1
paintball148
Paintball Market

Exercise

Could anybody come up with a fitness plan for me, to get me back into shape. Bearing in mind i am 14 and i don't have money to buy treadmills and stuff like that.
Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM #2
Renegade185

Jog, every morning, or everyother morning. I just started doing that and within a few days I've already lost a few pounds.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM #3
Randy_282
Deutscher Meister

how far.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:39 PM #4
Renegade185

I've been going about a mile and a half. My old middle school is close by, so I jog up there, do 2 laps around the track and jog back home. See if you can try something like that, and as your stamina increases, you can do more laps.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:47 PM #5
sethp

You can jog 30 mins a day. If you can't quite go 30 mins at a slow pace, then jog 5 and walk 5 till you've done 30 mins total. It helps if you do this early in the day because this will raise your heart rate for a while. Another good thing to do is to try to do as many push-ups or sit-ups as you can every other day (alternating if you are up to it).
Old 06-28-2006, 01:42 PM #6
paintball148
Paintball Market

Thanks guys, if any of you know about lifting weights, how do you lift them so you exercise your biceps and triceps?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:23 PM #7
LockerGod

Don't lift at 14. There's no need for it, and you're more than likely to hurt yourself. If you can find someone to play with you, I've found tennis to be absolutely awesome for my balance and flexibility. I've also lost a good deal of weight playing.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:37 PM #8
ikiru

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball148
Could anybody come up with a fitness plan for me, to get me back into shape. Bearing in mind i am 14 and i don't have money to buy treadmills and stuff like that.
Thanks
Im not a physical trainer, but I have played sports for many years. Your question would be better answered if you could describe what kind of goals you have. What is most important to you? Do you just want to lose weight? Do you want more muscle? Faster? More endurance? While long distance running may be good for endurance, studies have shown that it may hurt your burst speed/vertical (i.e. power) and may be hard on your knees.

Also, be sure to incorporate a good diet along with your physical routine. No sense in running for miles when you eat burgers and fries all day.

Lastly, dont expect results overnight. Our bodies are not built that way. Sudden changes in exercise/diet regime can lead to serious injury that could derail all attempts to get into shape (and possibly leaving you in worse condition than before you started).

-ikiru
Old 06-28-2006, 03:55 PM #9
paintrunner7

I am a marathon runner and I agree with Ikiru, you need to tell us what you want, do you want to have endurance or explosive speed, do you want strength or vanity in your muscles. (I know people who look ripped and they can lift nothing, and I know people who weigh 140 bench over 200).

P.S. Nice sig LockerGod, I love 1984
For those of you who want somthing witty and undeniably funny in other's signature lines at the bottom of their name, you will be greatly dissappointed. Overall I'd have to say this is going to be the lamest signature you'll ever see. A signature on a paintball site is a place where people with gear usually try and "Show off what they have", on that note my equipment is as follows: Gun, Tank, Hopper, Jersey, Pants, and Mask. Now what did you get out of that?

Last edited by paintrunner7 : 06-28-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:44 PM #10
Htown.Xplosion_Jason (Banned)

lol its not good to lift at 14?! damn what are highschools doing to us. but since im pretty much a football player i know how to lift weights. well one thing for biceps. just get a curl bar. some wieghts. put it all together. then grab the bar make sure your hands are a bit farther then shoulder length on the bar. then put feet together and lift it up. then triceps. use the same bar. then get a bench. rest your head right at the end of the bench. have a partner for this one. then let your partner give the curl bar to you. put your elbows up in front of you and hands at shoulder lenght and then lift up the bar from the top of your head and then ending at the point where you arms are straight. make sure you do not move your elbows for a good workout thats basically it. do about. 3 sets of reps each excersice everyday and sooner or later your gonna gain strenght and muscle.

1 set= 10 repetitions

and make sure you dont drink dairy products before you work out.. pretty bad you throw up ahah
Old 06-28-2006, 06:38 PM #11
Renegade185

That reminds me, if you pick up running, don't eat anything but maybe a grenola bar and a little gatorade or water before you go. If you eat cereal or something, there is a decent chance you're going to throw up.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM #12
oneXzero
Killin' suckers since '99

not really an excirsize, but stretch alot. itll make playing alot more "comphy". at least it does to me

pm5 for SALE!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:24 PM #13
LockerGod

If you're lifting with a trainer or at least some peers who can help you, then there's no problem, but this guy seems to want to lift on his own, which is dangerous for a 14 y/o. Nobody truly knows their limits when they're 14, and it's very easy to hyperextend or tear a growing muscle.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:58 AM #14
paintball148
Paintball Market

basically, i am looking to gain more muscle. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 PM #15
johnyblaze139

Kanye West's Work out Plan
Old 06-29-2006, 03:54 PM #16
dynastyp8ntb
Baller 4 Life

wake up, have a protein bar or some yogurt or somethin with protein, go running for liek 30 minutes, come home, and just dont snack on foods u dont need. it sucks but its better to stay away from soda when excersing, but screw that, soda is too good. njust run 30 min every morning and dont make excuses to not go. just force oyourself to go. if u have an ipod or mp3 player listen to it while u run. music gets u motivated. try to go swimming if u can and do laps. u could bike. jump rope a lot.
Feedback (+1/-0)