Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-14-2006, 12:46 PM #1
EGOlover99
Yaris

EGOlover99 supports Team VICIOUS
How to start a team

I have been playing speedball for a year and need help starting a team. I have a private practise facility and have a place for halfway afordable practise paint. I need help on sponsors, how to get players, and everything else i need t now. I don't live in a highly paintball aera so i'm going to have to reach every where around me. I'll appricate every comment.
DSSP8NTBALL
NARWHALS
Orginally posted by **GP** Yup you are part of the cool club Matt
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2006, 08:11 AM #2
EGOlover99
Yaris

Help, I really need help. Or how do I find a team.
DSSP8NTBALL
NARWHALS
Old 04-15-2006, 06:55 PM #3
Nofearblackstar
Want Some? Get SOME!

has been a member for 10 years
it is much faster getting on a team but if you want to start a team , The first thing to do is hold try outs . Get the word out to all the players you know and hand out flyers to shops and fealds. Then pick up the good players . Remember they don't have to be great but try to get players with potential[sp] To become great. Then start playing local tornys . You cant get sponsers without winning . then when you start winning alot aprouch compenies for sponsership.

Hope that helps

Alex
Old 04-16-2006, 08:08 AM #4
EGOlover99
Yaris

I live in the middle of ****ing nowhere. Tthe teams that have wanted me to be on there teams are like a hour and a half away and my parents wont let me practise that far away. They wanted to practise on weekdays and stuff along with weekends. I also wrestle, play football, play basketball, and I play hockey. What should I do.
DSSP8NTBALL
NARWHALS
Old 04-16-2006, 01:37 PM #5
uB3rn00b3r

You sound like myself. I start on the football and track team at high school and snowboard pretty hardcore in the winter. Since my parents dont support my hobby of paintball at all you can see the problem here. I cant work enough to pay for paintball at the level I want to play at. I dont have enough time to work to finance how expensive paintball is with all my other things. So I sold my semi and went to a pump. Its nice play all day on 15 bucks heh. I plan to play pump tourneys with my friends and when I go to college Ill get back into the major tourney semi scene when I can afford it.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:44 PM #6
blueice547
AZballa

Well you are kinda screwd then. Not to be mean. If you cant get to any teams around your area then it makes it much harder. All I have to say is just try to play every weekend and improve your skillz. Then later when your parents dont control you, you can go try out for teams. Im on a local 3 man team until I get into college. Which is in like 4 months, the colleges here all have teams that compete in national tourneys and such.

Originally posted by komodo 11: I wear my morning wood proud in my house. If it disturbes anyone, I usually just call out "Then why are you staring at my genitals?!?!?!".
Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 PM #7
mcfartchub
Formally known as "Paz"

ego, we have been talking, and just to tell you, michigan has the third most feilds in the US, trust me dude, there are tons of places to play and pick up players. oh, oh and if i sound like an a$$ right now im not, its just hard to put typing into context. So, i guess if you want to start a team ill do it, I live near you, but ill probly be back on a team before that anyway. but shoot me a pm and we can talk somemore..
"To them it's a hobby, to me it's life." -Athiest Baller #21
"Games are made of players, teams are made of brothers." -?!?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:22 PM #8
Oracle (Banned)

regional players fourm much? pbreview.com much? local field website much? does this help much?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:46 AM #9
Bloodymurder

Bloodymurder supports Empire
^^^go to my other forum it has all players from southeast mich. http://pb4sale.proboards38.com/index.cgi
Old 04-27-2006, 11:10 PM #10
B-Gol

Well if u cant rele join a team cause there too far away. you have to make your own. Now do u have friends who play and are good? Well if u do great you have some players on the team already. If you don't, you need to get word out that your starting a team. I know you sed u live where no one plays but if no one plays then u cant start a team. So just be patient in finding players. Also find the closest paintball place to you that holds tournaments. Win a few tourneys then email companies with a resume.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 PM #11
impyalltheway3380

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOlover99
I live in the middle of ****ing nowhere. Tthe teams that have wanted me to be on there teams are like a hour and a half away and my parents wont let me practise that far away. They wanted to practise on weekdays and stuff along with weekends. I also wrestle, play football, play basketball, and I play hockey. What should I do.
First learn how to spell and use proper grammar. Then learn how to type. Once you master that, consider paintball.
practise-- practice
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM #12
paintrunner7

Yeah anyone *****ing about their state not having paintball should move to North Dakota... but anyway, join a team, I had my whole team quit recently to move onto another team even though I was the one playing all the 1v3s 4s or 5s, so just join one, that way they wont come up behind you and stab you in the back (Bitter, yes I am!).
For those of you who want somthing witty and undeniably funny in other's signature lines at the bottom of their name, you will be greatly dissappointed. Overall I'd have to say this is going to be the lamest signature you'll ever see. A signature on a paintball site is a place where people with gear usually try and "Show off what they have", on that note my equipment is as follows: Gun, Tank, Hopper, Jersey, Pants, and Mask. Now what did you get out of that?