Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-23-2006, 03:54 PM #22
TheGrimReeper
Rage Against The Machine!

TheGrimReeper plays in the PSP
TheGrimReeper plays in the APPA D2 division
TheGrimReeper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You need to do a jump sorta thing before you dive... kidna like run, get low, push of one foot(or both, this is the "jump" stage) and land on your elbows and chest/pack. The jump will give that extra boost to actually slide. what you said kidna sounds like your just running then falling onto your chest and not diving...
-2012- 1st place PSP D2 Galveston Island, 4th place PSP World Cup
2012 Sponsors:
Empire/Hinkle PB/
FTJ Construction
Bird of Paradise Liquors
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2006, 12:00 AM #23
dizzlemania (Banned)

who cares ? if you can make the 50 without having to pull off some stunts to look cool or whatever, then just do it. if u can get up there without having to dive away from paint, then darn.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:57 PM #24
Devon05
I'm just way too good...

Well, if you play any other sports other than paintball, then you know what I mean when I say: You know how sometimes when your running you kinda start to lean forward and cant really stop it and you feel like you might fall over? Do this on purpose and as you feel yourself start to lose your ballance, lunge forward onto your elbows and stomache. The most important thing is not to get too much weight back on your knees, or you will just hit the ground and sorta bounce up in the air a little bit and not go anywhere. If you do this, it will also hurt more than if you do it right.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 PM #25
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
its really easy run jump land on elbows then come down like your doing the worm

Old 06-25-2006, 03:52 AM #26
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
your putting too much surface area on the ground (stomach) you need to make a "rail" with one or both forearm(s) and on hip and/or knee. Make sure to start crawling as soon as you hit the ground.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM #27
paintrunner7

has been a member for 10 years
I love superman slides, I don't know why. I practice them often with my team just because it's fun, after a lot of practice I came up with a simple formula. Off the break hand over face until you hit the 30 so you can go top speed through those lanes, since your in the snake you have no need to view the field standing up since it wont happen for the majority of the game. While running to the snake ease your way into a pattern of running further and further forward, I always say a good superman dive should look like you tripped in just the right spot. When it's about that time... usually about six or seven feet away you must commit with your whole body, at this point your marker is just a means to end NOT your baby with that said I always make sure that I have my marker in my gloved hand and when you slide slide the back of your glove 8(hand, but ouch!) so that your marker will be cradled in your forearm naturally. Oh yeah knee and elbow pads are a MUST not an option at least for long drawn out days. I believe the most important thing in paintball is to commit to your move so never hesitate when its about that time to dive. I hope this helped!
For those of you who want somthing witty and undeniably funny in other's signature lines at the bottom of their name, you will be greatly dissappointed. Overall I'd have to say this is going to be the lamest signature you'll ever see. A signature on a paintball site is a place where people with gear usually try and "Show off what they have", on that note my equipment is as follows: Gun, Tank, Hopper, Jersey, Pants, and Mask. Now what did you get out of that?