PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 AM #1
Shocker s/f

has been a member for 10 years
Nerve Manifold Ported ?

I got a ndz manifold in the bst section for my nerve. Ive replaced one b4 on my shocker because as you know the shocker ones are plastic. I took my frame off and removed the noid to find a nice red aluminum ported manifold. Whats the deal is it even worth installing the Ndz one?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2006, 11:47 AM #2
Blaineikans

Prolly not, if you want to be certain you'll never strip it then go ahead and install it. But you'd be hard pressed to mess it up. You might see a slight fps increase, but I doubt it.

eBay Feedback
PBN Feedback
SO.com Feedback
Old 06-23-2006, 12:03 PM #3
Shocker s/f

when did they start comming in Aluminum and ported ???
Old 06-23-2006, 12:34 PM #4
W.K.S.
Spool Valve Sensei

W.K.S. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
W.K.S. is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'm pretty sure that they've always been aluminum in the Nerve.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:53 PM #5
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.K.S.
I'm pretty sure that they've always been aluminum in the Nerve.
Yep, the nerve manifolds have always, since day one, been aluminum. That is why nerves don't have shoot down or FSDO, unlike some shockers.

-The NDZ manifold doesn't really help that much, as stated above it is just really for if you are worried about stripping yours, which probably won't happen. I was going to get one, just because it is an upgrade, but it will be the last thing I buy for mine, because it doesn't really help that much.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:09 PM #6
Shocker s/f

I already have one i got in the bst for 20 bucks ... IM gonna put it on anyways.. ive got all nasty parts on my nerve its not likely im going to upgrade any of them so the manifold and the triggers will be my only upgrades...

Thanks for the Info guys
Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM #7
Blaineikans

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_xile
Yep, the nerve manifolds have always, since day one, been aluminum. That is why nerves don't have shoot down or FSDO, unlike some shockers.
With Shockers there's a slight increase in velocity when a NDZ manifold is installed (I didn't really notice with mine). However it's so minute that I can't imagine that's the reason for no FSDO, it has to do with the better design of the Nerve.

eBay Feedback
PBN Feedback
SO.com Feedback
Old 06-23-2006, 04:00 PM #8
rednerve0203
Nerve > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaineikans
With Shockers there's a slight increase in velocity when a NDZ manifold is installed (I didn't really notice with mine). However it's so minute that I can't imagine that's the reason for no FSDO, it has to do with the better design of the Nerve.
Did a shocker owner just say the nerve was designed better? its good to see shocker owners who arent completely set on "nerves suck" lol.

EDIT: I personally love the shocker and the nerve i just got the nerve b/c of its price. so im not trying to start anything between shocker and nerve owners....

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it...

Last edited by rednerve0203 : 06-23-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:02 PM #9
W.K.S.
Spool Valve Sensei

W.K.S. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
W.K.S. is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaineikans
Now their own kind are turning against eachother.

lol j/k Blaineikans.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM #10
Blaineikans

hehehe, I can admit it. I own both and I'm currently finishing upgrades to get my Shocker to shoot as well as my nerve. Takes a lot more $$$$ btw.

eBay Feedback
PBN Feedback
SO.com Feedback
Old 06-23-2006, 05:45 PM #11
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
it's simply becuase the air passages between the Nerve solenoid and piston are right next to one another. That's why it doesn't make a difference. But in a Shocker air has to travel to the back of the gun and there's a lot more distance.

The red solenoid manifold is stock on Nerves. it's the exact same as the Shocker's manifold (black) except for the obviouls o-ring groove differences.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".