PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-21-2006, 10:20 PM #1
velvetrevolver1080

nerve a good choice?

alright guys i just sold my 05 speed and i have enough money for a new gun. i was thinking a nerve, 05 timmy, shocker, pm6, and fs8. ive really liked the nerve for some time but ive never actually seen one in person. often i hear people say its just like an impulse. i HATE impulses. i was jw, about how big is it compared to a shocker, pm5, or 05 speed. i also plan to buy a ton ton fram for it because i think it has a stock shocker trigger frame on it and i dont like those very much, small trigger guard. are nerves loud compared to other guns, and for me it is important just because i like super quiet guns. ive heard it has little to no kick so thats good. any advice or pics of a size comparison would be great. thanx alot
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2006, 10:22 PM #2
Sidney
Not Australia!

has been a member for 10 years
smaller than 05 speed for sure, I just shot one side by side with my nerve today.

And it uses the same frame as a shocker (as well as board and trigger).

Very good choice IMO.

The nerve has the feel of a shocker, the price of the ion, with none of their weaknesses (stock at least).

Sid,
Old 06-21-2006, 10:22 PM #3
TransNone13

I can answer this for you:

Oh, and the Angel One super small? Marketing gimmick:

Old 06-21-2006, 10:35 PM #4
velvetrevolver1080

lol, thanx alot for the pics. i had no idea they were that small. how heavy are they with the freak? oh and how loud are they when shot?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 PM #5
Spectre023
Yeah it was me....my bad

the nerve is only 2 ounces heavier than the shocker i think....either two or 4, not exactly sure..as far as sound...its the same as any other high end gun.....not that loud

My Feedback

I've recently noticed that I have been called crazy too many times for it to mean nothing.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:54 PM #6
TransNone13

It's 2oz.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 PM #7
Spectre023
Yeah it was me....my bad

there ya go....2 ounces
thanks for the correction

My Feedback

I've recently noticed that I have been called crazy too many times for it to mean nothing.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:50 AM #8
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
yeah, those pix have gotten the same reacion so many times now lol. yes the nerve is really a small gun. It is a good choice for a gun. They are quieter than ions are, and they kick less. I say buy one
Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 AM #9
paintballhead5
Infernal Fury

paintballhead5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballhead5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballhead5 plays in the APPA D5 division
ive owned 40 gun and none compare. get one, you will not be disappointed!

Old Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...paintballhead5
New Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=2540
Old 06-22-2006, 04:29 AM #10
c_hicks
Ohh Snap!

I have just joing the Nerve Owners Group, and I am not dissapointed! One of my friends has a shocker, and another has an ego. I can keep up easily for much less $$$. The only noticable weight difference between the nerve and shocker is the barrel, since the nerve has a stainless-steel back. But then again, its really not bad. With the nerve, you can't go wrong with the price-to-performance ratio.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:08 AM #11
W.K.S.
Spool Valve Sensei

W.K.S. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
W.K.S. is attending Decay of Nations VII
The the best bang for the buck, get the Nerve. $475 for a marker that was once $1200, that's an amazing deal. For something around the prices of the Pm6, and Fs8, get the Legend. It's made by InfinityPaintballProducts.com. I'm rather hopeful of this marker, and plan on preordering one soon. Anyway, the Nerve is an excellent choice.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 AM #12
fulleffect6912
XBL: The Ace O Spade

fulleffect6912 is a Supporting Member
the legend.... that gun is amazing!
they had 3 at the nppl event in tampa and were letting people shoot off a halo full of reballs. that thing is fast and light (when i shot it they told us that it was shooting at as high of velocity possible, so when someone comes along and rips out a mad rope of paint, everyone could hear it... this affected the kick). so the moral is if your gunna blow over a grand, thats a good choice. but to tell you the truth, i can rip almost as good on my nerve, for an affordable price tag
my old feedback
SIC Factor
...the sickness 9 out of 10 'ballers prefer.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM #13
EL.DORITO

once you get the nerve set up right, kick is very minimal. I actually like the stainless back, it balances it out more IMO. Sound is very nice. Not really a clang or clack, its crisp. Like opening a can of soda.
ST Atheists #120
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own - a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
- Albert Einstein
As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.
- Colonel Kurtz, Apocalypse Now
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM #14
drethewatcher
*Carol City Cartel*

originally posted by Sidney:
smaller than 05 speed for sure, I just shot one side by side with my nerve today.

And it uses the same frame as a shocker (as well as board and trigger).

Very good choice IMO.

The nerve has the feel of a shocker, the price of the ion, with none of their weaknesses (stock at least).

Sid

the gun does not have the same frame, the trigger guard is a bit more expanded which u can actually fell the difference, its like 275 more, n im not sure bout the speed, never shot side by side.

but if u compare it to a shocker is just a lil bit heavier, its heigth is not even a inch larger, the width, shocker is widder

the gun is probly the best gun to maintence around

best gun around for the price get it now!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM #15
velvetrevolver1080

i have an 05 speed if any1 is willing to trade their nerve for it.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post23298825
ive always liked nerves and i just want to try something new. thanx guys for your comments
Old 06-23-2006, 03:42 AM #16
Rabiddingo66
Hardcore2Planker

The Smart Parts Nerve.

2.2 lbs (.4 lbs more than a shocker.. whooptiedoo...)

Same grip frame as shocker. (I have actually seen Dynasty Nerves... dynasty shocker grips put on nerves)

Vision eyes standard.

qlock standard.

incredibly easy to tune and maintain. Even easier than the shocker in my opinion...

Very few upgrades needed, the only real useful upgrades to get are the NDZ Volumizer LPR upgrade (only if you wanna run low pressure [I recommend it]) the NDZ back plate (same reason) the NDZ Nerve Bolt (same reason) and the Dynasty or Ton Tons board (not totally nessesary... The stock board rips already...)

The Nerve comes with a freak barrel and a stainless steel back... some people dont like the SS back because its heavy. In my opinion, it helps like a mofo, because if you have a dynasty board like me, the gun practically hits so hard and kicks so fast that it practically gets thrown out of your hands... the SS back keeps it down a bit and reduces the minimal, but obvious kick the nerve can have... especially when brand new...

make sure to match paint bore size to your freak insert(s) and compensate for tempurature (heat or cold) because it SERIOUSLY makes a HUGE difference with the nerve... ESPECIALLY if you have the NDZ bolt which gives the ball 10-15 more fps per shot.

Enjoy the Nerve. Its everything you ever wanted in a marker for 475 online and similar prices on auction and ad sites... check it out!

SACPAINTBALL.COM

PAINTBALLPARK.COM

My Kit~2004 Smart Parts Nerve Red (Serial 0584)~NDZ Bolt~NDZ Trigger~NDZ Grip~NDZ Low Rise~Volumizer (LPR Upgrade)~Crossfire 68 HP