ROF: 23+ BPS
Height: 7 7/8
Modes Of Fire: Capped Ramping, Capped Semi, Uncapped Semi, Uncapped Ramping
Design: Ram-Driven Poppet-Valve With Hammer
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How does the Defiant 2 compare to an Intimidator?
1) About 2'' shorter in length than Intimidators.
2) Lighter than nearly all Intimidators.
3) Cheaper [$550 NIB off PBN] (Contact cartunes99)
4) Easier ram sleeve maintenance and smaller LPR.
1) Same speed capabilities.
2) Virtually, the same performance.
1) Stock bolt and feedneck are not reliable. Intimidators come with a better bolt and clamping feedneck.
2) Not as many settings on the 127.4 (D2) board as the normal. Also, no LCD screen.
3) Relatively more kick than an Intimidator.
2. What parts will fit the Defiant 2?
- All Intimidator Ram Caps
- Alias/2K2 Feednecks
- Autococker Threaded Barrels
- Standard 2 Hole Mount On/Off & Rail
- 2K5 Style Boards (Uses Membrane Pad & Snap Fittings)
- 2K5 Style Triggers
- ASA Threads Do Not Accept Anything Except Torpedo Regulator (VP Adaptor Is Available Though)
- 9V Batteries
- Intimidator Style Grips
- Standard Intimidator Barbs
- Alias Style Solenoid
- Intimidator Style Hoses
NOTE: The D2 DOES NOT
take 2K5 frame trigger guards. It is built in on the D2.
3. Should I get a high pressure or low pressure HPA tank for my D2?
Either will work fine. If you use the tank on other guns like blowbacks, you may want to get a high pressure. But, I have noticed that low presure is easier to work with.
4. What do I need out of the box to get my gun working right?
You need an ASA, two 90 degree macroline fittings, a foot of macroline, Dow 33, and tri-flow lubricant. You can get all that stuff except for the tri-flow from:
There are more sites than that, but I've always had a good experience with those two. For tri-flow, go to your local bicycle store or use www.froogle.com
. You may also check the the BST Forums (NIB or Miscellaneous Equipment) for tr-flow. I found some at my local bicycle shop. also recommend a clamping feedneck. But if you sand down your Halo B, the stock feedneck will work fine.
5. How do you adjust the LPR without a guage?
The Defiant 2 comes with a guage assembly that you must insert where the ram sleeve goes. All you have to do is:
- Take out the ram sleeve.
- Put some grease on the guage assembly o-rings. Then, put it where the ram sleeve was. Here's a pic of the guage assembly:
- Gas up the marker.
- The guage will display your current LPR pressure. To adjust it, unscrew the set screw for the LPR to lower the pressure or screw it in to raise it. Then, fire a few shots to balance it.
6. So my eyes just broke and the eyes I can buy have a different connector. How can I replace them?
If your gun is new, call up BLAST and get a new pair. There is a 90-day warranty on all electronics.
If your gun is out of warranty, you need this
adapter to replace the eyes.
7. My bolt is sticking forwards and causing bad efficiency or bolt stick. How can I fix this problem?
Check This First:
- If your ram is stiff, try lubing it with Dow 33. If that doesn't work, then replace the o-ring on the shaft (013) and try again. It may take some wearing in to loosen up.
- If the problem continues, try polishing your ram by sanding it lightly with 300 grit sandpaper. Then, finish it up with some 1000 grit sandpaper.
- Your bolt may be too big (milled out of spec, swelled, ect.). So, upgrade or replace your bolt.
- Lube the delrin spacer on the hammer assembly with tri-flow lube.
If the problem persists, contact BLAST.
I've found that the hammer assembly is notoriously hard to keep lubricated at first. About every 500 shots it seems to start sticking a little bit, causing horrid efficency. The only way to fix this is to have a regular style ram (like full Intimidators). At this moment it cannot be done. However, I talked to several companies who were interested in producing it. So, hopefully in the future the problem can be fixed. But in the mean time, keep that ram lubed up. After you get the gun worn in and polished up, it shoots like a dream and is very smooth.
Thanks to Everlight389 and f2f4 on PbReview.