PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-05-2006, 07:48 PM #1
Guitarguy

Stop Banning French bum

I have to say French Bum is one of the most helpful people on this forum. And to keep banning him repeatedly for trivial reasons which hundreds of other people get away with all the time is childish. Stop picking on him and focus more on banning people who actually deserve it.

Proud Member of the Lil Ryan Fan Club #1

Now N/-\te
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2006, 07:53 PM #2
HK-H8 (Banned)

i dont think this will ever happen.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM #3
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
It's a shame he can't stop breaking the rules....

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM #4
Drewbie07
The Great Cornholio!!!!!!

well if he is so helpful then why isnt he a mod??? i dont see him helping anyone in fact ive never heard of him stop crying the mods do there jobs correctly dont break the rules plain and simple
Ryan Greenspan Fan #102
Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #128

Red Ripper 2.5 fts
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3068579
Old 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM #5
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Big P is a Supporting Member
Big P donated to help Peyton Trent
Big P supports Bob Gurnsey
Big P supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarguy
I have to say French Bum is one of the most helpful people on this forum. And to keep banning him repeatedly for trivial reasons which hundreds of other people get away with all the time is childish. Stop picking on him and focus more on banning people who actually deserve it.
To echo what Pump said here, if he goes down the road to break the TOS and a Mod feels it is deserved then it will happen. What seems trivial to you and others is not trivial to the staff. If you feel others are getting away then do your part and use the report to moderator function.

We cant be in all places at all times. Want to keep the rules even for everyone then do your part instead of just posting about one user. Thanks.

If it works, take it apart and find out why.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM #6
AndyAllen019
INSOMNIAWESOME

Annual Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is a Moderator
AndyAllen019 is a Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 supports our troops
AndyAllen019 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
If he followed the rules, he wouldn't be in this situation.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM #7
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Yeah, what all the other mods said.

Im a follower
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 PM #8
Irunwithscissors

Quote:

So, What your saying is. If They do it, it's alright for French Bum to do it? Seriously, He clicked Accept on the TOS and that means he will follow the rules or be banned. Mods feel he broke the rules so he was banned.

It's very hard to moderate PBNATION because of all the post people do in a day and they have lives to. Maybe if more people started telling the Mods that somebody is breaking the rules more people will get banned.

Don't worry Burninator, I'm a follower to, Its so much less stressfull to listen to higher authority
Old 06-07-2006, 09:11 AM #9
Guitarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbie07
well if he is so helpful then why isnt he a mod??? i dont see him helping anyone in fact ive never heard of him stop crying the mods do there jobs correctly dont break the rules plain and simple
You're an 06er and stop kissing ***.

Proud Member of the Lil Ryan Fan Club #1

Now N/-\te
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 AM #10
bdpAKAknox (Banned)
All We'll Drive

bdpAKAknox is a Supporting Member
I find it funny that that is the only point you could find to make another post in this thread.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM #11
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Quote:
You're an 06er and stop kissing ***.
I think you should look in the Mirror...or maybe your sig before you start name calling. I myself like French and have even talked with him VIA PMs about this. Bottom line is that there are rules here and they have to be followed.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 AM #12
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big P
I think you should look in the Mirror...or maybe your sig before you start name calling. I myself like French and have even talked with him VIA PMs about this. Bottom line is that there are rules here and they have to be followed.
I think that the lines are drawn on pbnation for the masses. Sometimes unique individuals break rules that are designed to keep the sheep in line and in my opinion it should be looked at differently. But that would defeat the purpose of the rules. The sheep may see it and run amuck.

I dont agree with the BOS banning of French_Bum, but at the same time I dont agree with the manner in which he has chose to fight it.

I know him personally, and I think that is one of best men on pbnation. Away from the site, away from paintball. The man literally laid his life on the line for friends in Iraq and has spent his life (during and after the military) in the pursuit of helping people. He was a combat medic in the 2nd Ranger Battalion, and now works in he medical feild. Whether or not he ever gets on this site again, the man has my respect.

Now with my *** kissing to a friend out of the way. I understand pbnations view on this. They are simple rules, dont break them. When you do, dont cry about it. Although many may want to unban French, or allow him to return to the site, because of the method he chose to fight this battle it would be impossible for the mods to allow his return. It would open the floodgates to all the BOS people to use French as their messiah example of why they should be allowed back. This simply does not work for a community such as this.

It took me sometime to learn this one as well. I myself was banned in a manner which I didnt feel was correct, I chose to cry at first, then quickly realized (with the help of Ed and Tony ) that pbnation didnt ask me to come here. I chose too, and pbnation can live without me.

In my opinion, people should let this die. French should just lay low, create a new personality and go on with life. Picking a fight you cant win does not make sense to me. Even if 90% of the registered members post "free french bum" he still would not be reinstated. Pbnation is a business, the only way to get French back would be to have 90% of the registered users stop comming here in protest for French. Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening, so just move on and go about your business.

Seacrest out.

Andrew Kerns
Pbwarehouse.net
Hardshellproducts.com

Last edited by Kodiak62 : 06-08-2006 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:44 AM #13
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak62
I think that the lines are drawn on pbnation for the masses. Sometimes unique individuals break rules that are designed to keep the sheep in line and in my opinion it should be looked at differently. But that would defeat the purpose of the rules. The sheep may see it and run amuck.

I dont agree with the BOS banning of French_Bum, but at the same time I dont agree with the manner in which he has chose to fight it.

I know him personally, and I think that is one of best men on pbnation. Away from the site, away from paintball. The man literally laid his life on the line for friends in Iraq and has spent his life (during and after the military) in the pursuit of helping people. He was a combat medic in the 2nd Ranger Battalion, and now works in he medical feild. Whether or not he ever gets on this site again, the man has my respect.

Now with my *** kissing to a friend out of the way. I understand pbnations view on this. They are simple rules, dont break them. When you do, dont cry about it. Although many may want to unban French, or allow him to return to the site, because of the method he chose to fight this battle it would be impossible for the mods to allow his return. It would open the floodgates to all the BOS people to use French as their messiah example of why they should be allowed back. This simply does not work for a community such as this.

It took me sometime to learn this one as well. I myself was banned in a manner which I didnt feel was correct, I chose to cry at first, then quickly realized (with the help of Ed and Tony ) that pbnation didnt ask me to come here. I chose too, and pbnation can live without me.

In my opinion, people should let this die. French should just lay low, create a new personality and go on with life. Picking a fight you cant win does not make sense to me. Even if 90% of the registered members post "free french bum" he still would not be reinstated. Pbnation is a business, the only way to get French back would be to have 90% of the registered users stop coming here in protest for French. Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening, so just move on and go about your business.

Seacrest out.

Andrew Kerns
Pbwarehouse.net
Hardshellproducts.com
Being very aware of who and what french was in the Army, I give him is respect. French and I have passed PMs about our past military life and how small a world it is as I worked with many a Ranger. I dont think anyone is, or has questioned his duty and service to this country did they? I dont think anyone ever questioned if he was helpful to anyone on the site did they?

I have seen him help people in the GWC with information on their guns and how to better market them. At the same time I have seen him flame pretty hard, so it can go both ways. Do I agree with his BOS? I dont, he and other key members of the GWC help that thread grow and in turn bring people to PBN. Not my call though, I just enforce the rules I have agreed to as all users have.

Yes he is a very nice person, that was not in question, and in your own words...he choose the wrong way to fight it. Bragging about it only attracts attention to yourself and lowers the chances of just starting over. Then again, its only the Internet right?

Well done post also if I may say. You nailed the facts on the head. Tell French P says hi and ALL THE WAY...he will understand it.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM #14
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What does BOS mean?

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM #15
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
Ban on sight.