PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-31-2006, 11:00 AM #1
Audi90quattro

has been a member for 10 years
Problem with Horizontal MaxFlo

I did a search and read through 7 of the 10 pages and I found a few answers but nothing that directly answered my question.

First off my buddy just bought a 2k3 impulse off a friend of mine. It has a horizontal maxflo and hes using a 72/3000 pmi tank. I'm not sure if its lp or hp, and frankly I dont think it matters much in this case.

Now for the problem. When he goes to shoot a string of balls, the first 1 or 2 come out fine but the rest just roll out of the barrel. Im thinking shootdown, but hes really not getting on the trigger.

I watched him shoot a few times and the guage on the horizontal maxflo would go down to 100 psi everytime he shot and took a second to repressurize up to 200. Sometimes the pressure would creep up past the 200psi mark we had it set at and then it would vent from the reg.

We took apart the reg and cleaned and lubed just the 3 orings it calls for in the smartparts manual. Found some debris in the cylindrical silver filter,but nothing else looked out of the ordinary. The orings all looked great so i doubt thats the problem.

Only thing I can think of is this. The previous owner said something about an oring trick.I've read a few posts on this and I think that the oring is keeping the valve on the tank from opening all the way and thats why his recharge rate is sucking so much. I'm gonna run up to the store and get his tank filled today,but I'd like some of your opinions on this as well. This is the first horizontal reg'd imp I've been around before, but I have 3 years expierence with my vert reg'd one.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 AM #2
rudiger
EPL Free Agent

Not sure if this will help your problem...
I have an old horizontal maxflo on my imp, not sure of its age but its old. To use any bottle on it I have to use the oring trick just so it won't leak. Which if you don't know is putting an oring in the asa and then putting the tank on. I don't get shoot down problems but with the oring it will leak for me. I'd try a different tank and see how it reacts. If it works fine then it could be the pin in the tank.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:55 AM #3
Audi90quattro

I understand the oring trick. I think though, that the Oring is actually keeping the pin in the asa from opening the pin on the tank all the way. Thus reducing the airflow and hurting his recharge rate.

I've been thinking about cutting down the pin on his maxflo a little,because last time i remember looking at it, it was really long compared to other asa's ive seen.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:52 PM #4
rudiger
EPL Free Agent

If you think the oring is keeping the pin from going in then why would you cut the pin? Have you taken the oring out and tried it?
Old 05-31-2006, 02:14 PM #5
Audi90quattro

I'd cut the pin so the tank can thread further in, and seal the way its meant to in most other asa's. I just got air today so ill be able to test out my theory. I just posted this to see if anyone else had any other suggestions as to what it might be. I am 99% sure tho that it is a recharge problem.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:20 PM #6
Hitler88 (Banned)

i had the same exact problem with my maxxy so i just payed to get it rebuilt and now it works then i got shootdown but that was cause my front grip wasnt in all the way but now my impulse is in PERFECT shooting order.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:23 AM #7
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi90quattro
I'd cut the pin so the tank can thread further in, and seal the way its meant to in most other asa's......
if needed, directions

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 PM #8
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
if you don't want to cut the pin then all you have to do is screw your tank on when it's empty. that way there's no resistance & it will go all the way in. then just get if filled on the gun. you'll have to leave it on all day but it shouldn't be a problem.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
Old 06-02-2006, 04:45 PM #9
aced2424

clean your horizontal maxflow. youd be surprised with how much **** is in them after you strip them. also if you think its the lpr then replace it with the stock front cap and see if it works
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM #10
Audi90quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamorte
if needed, directions
Thats exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking of a way to trim it down. Didnt dawn on me to use a flat stone. Will take a stab at it tomorrow. Thank You
Old 06-02-2006, 10:22 PM #11
XXDEF1ANTXx
da vacum cleaners my wang

i bought a anti siphon co2 tank w/on off switch and i didnt have the prob i had with my buddys air tank. heck i didnt even need to perform the "o-ring trick" i cant explain it but it has worked without problems for a while now.mabe cuz theres no pin or sumtin...i dunno.