PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-01-2006, 10:27 PM #1
t51rmkiv

blackheart board setup on impulse

I just recently purchased a Rat impulse. It has all the rat goodies as well as a ndz lpr and rip valve. Input pressure is set between 135-145. Dwell is set at 10-12 ticks on a blue light cricket board. A blackheart board was just recently installed and today i tried to shoot it in full auto. The train of thought here was that if setup properly in this mode the marker would work seemlessly with any rebound firing configuration. Shooting for the first time yeilded nothing but paint breakage and shootdown, keep in mind that the marker shoot flawlessly before the new board. The settings used on the Blackheart for Dwell was 20-25 of 89, ROF was at 1-5 of 91, input and Lpr psi remained the same.

My first question is pertaining to dwell. On my blue light cricket board i have a total of 40ish clicks from top to bottom of dwell range, as most probably already know. The Impulse manual states a .25 millisecond change per dwell button stroke with a total range of 4-14 milliseconds. Is it safe to say that on a Blackheart Board each dwell button stroke is = to approx .125, blackheart has 89 dwell button strokes versus 40ish on the cricket board, and also that the total dwell range would still be between 4 and 14?

Second question is pertaining to ROF. I assume there is a reason why 91 button strokes is used and 14.7bbs=27 button strokes but it is beyond me. I have read the explanation in the Blackheart instruction on ROF. It makes sense but without knowing the operational limits, ie in my case what the impulse can be set at to acheive the max rate of fire, more importantly what values each ROF button stroke represents, and a guide to pause time/#of strokes to achieve real world ROF in the provided 1-91 range, how does one set the ROF for the 20bbs without turning the gun into a blender?

For those of u who have a Blackheart outfitted impulse, and have achieved the 20bps capp, please post your Rof and dwell settings. Its been said that every gun is different but basline setting could help give a starting point. Thanks and looking forward to everyone's responses
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2006, 11:09 PM #2
Nickland21
Gobigpaintball.net

Nickland21 is a Supporting Member
Nickland21 donated to help Peyton Trent
Nickland21 supports Bob Gurnsey
Nickland21 supports our troops
i have had no problems with my halo, check your eyes? i had my rof at 1(fastest) and i goldwaved it at 16 link in my sig, havent had to ajust my dwell,sry im not much help i just thought ud apreciate some kind of response
Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 PM #3
t51rmkiv

I appreciate the response. What is your unchanged dwell setting? Thnks