PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-26-2006, 09:39 AM #1
urbsnspices

Cousins PB in Coram

OK, So I am going to Cousin's outdoor in Coram for the first time saturday (tomorrow) morning.

Every field is a little different so I figured I would ask what I should know before before I go. First off I would like to start playing early, but I dont want to be waiting around for walk on groups to be formed up, what time should I get there?

I live like 2 minutes away, if I forget some thing or want to take an hour off for lunch, can I leave and then re-enter?

I saw in another thread that I could buy a case of paint from their local store and bring it in with a receipt. Anyone do this? Is it worth it? I dont want to get there and have to buy a second case-o-paint.

Any other advice is welcome...

Oh yeah, what about HighVelocity? I dont want to start a big debate but Im open to opinions about the two places. Obviously I havent been to either.

Last edited by urbsnspices : 05-26-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 01:57 PM #2
COUSINSNJ

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbsnspices
OK, So I am going to Cousin's outdoor in Coram for the first time saturday (tomorrow) morning.

Every field is a little different so I figured I would ask what I should know before before I go. First off I would like to start playing early, but I dont want to be waiting around for walk on groups to be formed up, what time should I get there?

I live like 2 minutes away, if I forget some thing or want to take an hour off for lunch, can I leave and then re-enter?

I saw in another thread that I could buy a case of paint from their local store and bring it in with a receipt. Anyone do this? Is it worth it? I dont want to get there and have to buy a second case-o-paint.

Any other advice is welcome...

Oh yeah, what about HighVelocity? I dont want to start a big debate but Im open to opinions about the two places. Obviously I havent been to either.
Show up around 9 or 9:30 you live close so its up to you. Since its Memorial weekend it will be slow at the fields (always is this weekend)

Yes you can leave and come back just do not remove the wrist band.

YES buy your paint at ANY Cousins store and make sure you bring the sales slip. You will save big $$$ doing this.

The store bought paint is a concept from Pev's and give the players who own equipment and plays more often (than a renter) a choice of what you shoot threw your gun. Not to mention much cheeper than field paint only play fields that make you shoot a brand that you may have a problem with. Shoot what you like is a good deal for all.

The only restriction on the paint deal is you need to play in the public (open semi or Dark Ops game) and have your own equipment.

If you want to try somthing fun play Dark Ops games held every Saturday at any Cousins. Its scenario fun games in the woods (like it was ment to be played)

No comment on hivi

Last edited by COUSINSNJ : 05-26-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:44 PM #3
urbsnspices

Cool, I didnt realize that the dark ops thing was every weekend. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:48 AM #4
urbsnspices

Just an update. Went to Cousins and had a great time. Employees were really helpful. Didnt see the typical attitude problems which usually make me regret spending my monai. The the regulars were cool, the hard core guys avoided overkill on rental folks. The Refs were good, vocal, always in control, and willing to move around the field.

The only negative comment I have is with the lack of Chrono. Maybe the rentals were chrono-ed but I can gaurentee that none of the personal markers where chronoed. There was no Chrono on the range, so even if you wanted to make sure you weren't shooting 320, there was no way to make sure.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:16 AM #5
Infamous Ca$per
Jesus Shuttlesworth

Infamous Ca$per is a Supporting Member
Infamous Ca$per plays in the PSP
Infamous Ca$per owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
There is a chrono station right before you head out to play,next to where you fill your air.

QuietStorm
WolfPack
EastCoastEmpire
MethodOfDestruction
Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 AM #6
urbsnspices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Ca$per
There is a chrono station right before you head out to play,next to where you fill your air.
On the shooting range? There were stands for them but there wernt any there. If they had them elsewhere, there was no requirement to ever chrono. I guess ignorance is bliss, so crank it up.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:05 AM #7
Infamous Ca$per
Jesus Shuttlesworth

Infamous Ca$per is a Supporting Member
Infamous Ca$per plays in the PSP
Infamous Ca$per owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbsnspices
On the shooting range? There were stands for them but there wernt any there. If they had them elsewhere, there was no requirement to ever chrono. I guess ignorance is bliss, so crank it up.

So if they weren't there, then why didn't you ask a ref for them? You never stated that you asked for a chrono after not seeing one, so your no better than your complaint. In all honestly I have never not seen a chrono at coram, not saying your lying but if thats the case ask the referee.

QuietStorm
WolfPack
EastCoastEmpire
MethodOfDestruction