PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2006, 01:49 PM #1
NIB means New in Box
Selling stuff as usual

Question about Air Fills

I know there are a thousand air-fill questions asked on here but I couldn't find anything pertaining to mine. For our private field I was considering ordering 2 Luxfer Aluminum 100 cf, 3300 psi tanks as well as a Luxfer Aluminum 106 cf, 4350 psi tank. I know next to nothing about these tanks or filling stations so bear with me.

My logic is that the goal would be to begin filling personal tanks at around 3300 psi (68/45 tanks) but have the option of filling somewhat higher early in the day should one or two people need it. So, I guess my first question is, is my logic at least somewhat sound. I do know that we'll lose pressure after each fill, but since I don't know the equations and the fill calculator and chart doesn't have exactly what I need I'm somewhat in the dark.

My second question is what kind of setup would I need to get these tanks going? I have a dive shop near us that fills to 4500psi so I assume they won't have a problem filling these for whatever the cost be. Can I even run a fill station from these tanks, and if so, what kind would I need? Could I cascade these tanks, or would i need to do it manually? I appreciate your input.

X-Ball "X" Bunker for sale HERE
Guns for Sale

Old Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2006, 12:11 PM #2
smrtprts1
Not Eurotrash

just rent out the 6000psi tanks and depending how much u charge per fill ull make profit the 3300psi tanks dont last long at all from prior experience, rent the 6000psi tanks 2 at a time
Old 05-25-2006, 01:17 PM #3
nExUs G7 (Banned)

good idea smrtprts... thats what i was going to say...