PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2006, 02:10 PM #1
§emperfi

Is Red Orchestra any good? (PC game)

Is Red Orchestra any good? (PC game) If you don't have it please don't reply.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2006, 02:22 PM #2
alive II
The Great Outdoors

alive II has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
alive II has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i assume your talking about the version that is available on steam. I played the real red orchestra [UT] and was disappointed. I like DOD:S much better.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:26 PM #3
croix153™ (Banned)

I don't know, never heard of it.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:40 PM #4
§emperfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alive II
i assume your talking about the version that is available on steam. I played the real red orchestra [UT] and was disappointed. I like DOD:S much better.
Yeah I'm talkin about the one from Steam.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:52 PM #5
Raines8416
~!@#$%^&*()_+

Raines8416 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
yea the UT version sucked IMO. i dont have enough faith in it being any better on the source engine.

.: Hi. My name is Raines. :.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:48 PM #6
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
The steam version is ok. IF you have 25 bux to blow on a game get it...but its not a must have...I enjoy it somewhat. Its more reaslistic than any other game out there. Rifle shots kill most of time with the first hit...theres bullet drop...hip shotting isnt very efective with muzzle sway...shells can bounce off of enemy tanks. But on the downside...they had to go for game balance in some areas...and where they did this, it sucks...Most tanks take 2 or 3 shots to destroy. Angling the tank is the be all end all point to tank fighting. The Tiger is worthless.

Its a hardware intensive game too...if you only have 512mb of ram...expect ~5 minute map loads. i have a gig and it still takes around a mintue and a hlaf to 2 mintues and i've messed with the .ini file and defraged my computer.

Also watch out for admin...theres no hackers on RO yet...so they kick and ban for extremely stupid things. Also a mic is a must if you want to get some teamwork going

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:05 AM #7
RunningWithSheep
*fixed avatar*

I don't regret my purchase in the least bit. I've had it for 2 weeks, and the only real problem I've had with it is 1) The lack of servers/players and 2) The lack of extremely compelling maps. I'd join a clan if it weren't for the fact that I'm currently in a serious CoD2 clan.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:46 AM #8
Blues Clues Opie
-Opie Inside-

Back in the UT I played it. I loved it b/ it wasn't qwite like everything else out there at the time that WW2 was getting VERY repetative.

GIG'EM AGGIES

♠♣My Feedback♣♠
Old 05-25-2006, 10:10 AM #9
SeA~CaDeT
Paintball?

SeA~CaDeT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I like it, it takes some time to get used to though. Best part is people die when you shoot them!
'Life sucks without alcohol and loose women. Once that loses flavor, you might as well stop trying.' - IPOPPEDTIMMY
Getting back into paintball for better or worse.