Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 AM #85
||AA||Spyder
|| Paintball = <3 ||

||AA||Spyder is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre
Let me sum up the majority of this thread:

Blah blah blah - we lost - blah blah blah - and were blaming it on the refs.

TF

This is the best thing in this whole thread that I could quote.

E-Bay Feedback (26 Good - 0 Bad) = http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...chevyssarsenal

PBNation Feedback (35 Good - 1 Bad) = http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=460133
Old 05-24-2006, 07:02 AM #86
paintballruler.
**** That

paintballruler. is a Supporting Member
paintballruler. owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballruler. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by badballer1
WTF is a 5 for 1? did you execute somebody?
the ref said that one of my players were cheating, and he was explaining to the ref that he had rub on his bunker, so instead of a 1 for 1 he pulled a 3 for 1 and keep on pulling more players because my team mate was trying to let him know that he had rub on his loader
Old 05-24-2006, 07:27 AM #87
Brianm0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuPpEtMoWeR_569
i would have to agree also on the chronic field one of our players played on and it was a 1 for 1 but instead the ref got pull happy and pulled 3 of our guys excluding the one that played on. I understand the 1 for 1 but pulling 3 guys for playing on is just stupid,the game didnt effect us going to the finals or anything but when your up 3 bodys and then a ref gets pull happy and causes you the game you tend to get a little pissed.All and all tho i had a great time and we'll be ready to win more than 1 game in vegas lol.
Same thing happened to us on our 8th game on the angel field... the ref said one of our guys played on a 1-1 when he called for a mask check after he filled his hopper, the ref said that he had his gun pointed and rdy before he called the check but we proved the ref wrong with our vid. camera that all he did was refill.. than he changed his story to well he still refilled so i pulled a 1-1, he didn't even know what he was calling a 1-1 on originally *sigh*. But out of that matter same thing happened to us the main ref called a 1-1 and refs went pull happy and pulled me, another person and the person who "played on", so we were like wtf they pulled 3 on a 1-1 and all the ref could say was it was the other refs fault and not his... and these guys are getting payed? And yeah 95% of the refs were ****s at tampa this year.
LEGACY FAN CLUB #362
Claret DM9 F/S/T!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:30 AM #88
Brianm0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballruler.
the ref said that one of my players were cheating, and he was explaining to the ref that he had rub on his bunker, so instead of a 1 for 1 he pulled a 3 for 1 and keep on pulling more players because my team mate was trying to let him know that he had rub on his loader
Also yeah the maintenance was horrible this year, at the end of the day when i was watching D1 games go down on saturday on the chronic field, the bunkers were COMPLETELEY ORANGE... smothered i mean, and the players hoppers and markers and jerseys were getting completely covered so when a player got shot or didn't a ref would go to pull and there would be complaints from the player or from the crowd saying wtf that was such rub or that it was a shot.... a lot of crazy penalties or wierd things went on with that much rub on the bunkers, just shows what happens when people get to lazy to whipe down the bunkers.
LEGACY FAN CLUB #362
Claret DM9 F/S/T!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:40 AM #89
Brianm0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintnv
All I can say is this....................

When all of you guys/gals *****in' about the reffing, actually put yer a$$e$ on the line and step the **** up and ref an NPPL or PSP event yourself. Shut the hell up!! Once you know what it's like to to be out on the field for 10-14 hrs with only 1 hour long break, oversee 100+ games a day with little or no shade, and put up with getting shot as much as these guys do, and all the griping about bad calls, and being called every foul name you can think of, then you got no business sitting around saying the refs sucked a$$ or made bad calls all day. When you've sacked up and done it yourself, then and only then will you have the right to judge the reffing at one of these events. It's not at easy as it looks while your sitting in the stands sucking a cold soda, sitting on yer a$$.

And NO, I'm not an NPPL or PSP ref, but I have reffed several small tournies, and spent many hours reffing recball games at my local field. Until you've done it yourself, STFU!!
Dude stfu, your stupid and don't know what your talking about, point is if your getting paid to do something do it right don't be lazy about it, if your lazy and make a lot of mistakes at a job that is PAYING you to do whatever you need to do, you get FIRED. These refs know they most likley won't get fired and most of them in fact are lazy and don't give a crap because what can the players do when they make a bad call? Unlike if you work a job at a restaurant and the customers can complain to a manager which will get you fired or will benefit the customer in some way, players are stuck with calls and can't be changed. So you are the retard. And i've also spent hours being a ref at a local field, it's not that hard to keep attention or to be lazy.
LEGACY FAN CLUB #362
Claret DM9 F/S/T!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:45 AM #90
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.

reffing does suck.

If the reffing sucks for you, it sucks for everyone, so deal with it.

ive reffed probably 600 hours total. every friday and saturday for the past year and a half. and it sucks
Old 05-24-2006, 08:08 AM #91
MothMonstaMan

There will always be complaining about reffing after a tourny, but the Tampa refs flat out sucked.

Ski mask [Check] Sawed off [Check] Guilty conscious, fear of death [Check, Check, Check]
Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 AM #92
Brianm0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansnow187
reffing does suck.

If the reffing sucks for you, it sucks for everyone, so deal with it.

ive reffed probably 600 hours total. every friday and saturday for the past year and a half. and it sucks
It's a actual pretty easy job, if you figure reffing is hard wait till you get a real career. lol
LEGACY FAN CLUB #362
Claret DM9 F/S/T!!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:25 PM #93
Angry_Aaron
Full of Hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianm0121
Dude stfu, your stupid and don't know what your talking about, point is if your getting paid to do something do it right don't be lazy about it, if your lazy and make a lot of mistakes at a job that is PAYING you to do whatever you need to do, you get FIRED. These refs know they most likley won't get fired and most of them in fact are lazy and don't give a crap because what can the players do when they make a bad call? Unlike if you work a job at a restaurant and the customers can complain to a manager which will get you fired or will benefit the customer in some way, players are stuck with calls and can't be changed. So you are the retard. And i've also spent hours being a ref at a local field, it's not that hard to keep attention or to be lazy.
I feel it neccassary to intervene with a little helpful advice. When trying to make a statement or an accusation that a person is stupid, you must do so in a way that you yourself do not look stupid or have any association with the word, "stupid." To accomplish this, try using proper grammer and spelling. I took it upon myself to highlight your mistakes in bold. Also, I underlined "you are" to show you the proper word usage you should have used.

YOUR

1.) Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments
2.) A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3.) Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house
Old 05-24-2006, 01:37 PM #94
Briankirk
Out if the game.

Briankirk is a Supporting Member
Briankirk plays in the USPL
Briankirk plays in the APPA D4 division
The refs were truely very very bad.

PE, and angel field refs were the worst i thought
Old 05-24-2006, 02:24 PM #95
CReation

I personally didnt go to the Tampa event this year (even though i am only a hour away from the event site) but i have heard PLENTY of negative comments about the reffing! My argument:
If reffing has been so bad at almost every event this year then why is everyone still rushing to sign up for NPPL events?? The fast paced sellout of "spots" for each event of the NPPL schedule isnt gonna show the top dogs of NPPL that things need to change!
I am not neglecting the fact that the reffing has SUCKED at almost every event, this may be the case, but if it is, then i feel as if people need to stop wasting the money and signing up for the events! But i guess this is just a "vent" thread, allowing everyone to vent their anger at the reffing then when the next event rolls around they will be over it and ready for more 7-man action! To be honest, if i were a top executive of NPPL i could care less if all the players were complaining about how crappy the reffing was, as long as all of my events were selling out and people and players were still attending then i WOULDNT CHANGE A THING! <---but that is of course the thought of the $$money hungry executives$$ im sure there are "good people" in the NPPL that are genuinely caring for the players and fans and want the best experience possible for them!!
My main point for this post: Go ahead, complain about the reffing all you want -- but if you truly want to make a difference that may cause the NPPL to stop and look at what needs to change "boycott the events"!! Simple as that, right??

I dunno -- just my opinion..
Old 05-24-2006, 02:29 PM #96
Brianm0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Aaron
I feel it neccassary to intervene with a little helpful advice. When trying to make a statement or an accusation that a person is stupid, you must do so in a way that you yourself do not look stupid or have any association with the word, "stupid." To accomplish this, try using proper grammer and spelling. I took it upon myself to highlight your mistakes in bold. Also, I underlined "you are" to show you the proper word usage you should have used.

YOUR

1.) Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments
2.) A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3.) Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house
Am i here to type up a college report? No, Do I also plan to become a english major? No, therefore I didn't sit here and make a rough draft and final it, sorry if it wasn't good enough for you.
LEGACY FAN CLUB #362
Claret DM9 F/S/T!!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:33 PM #97
Brianm0121

Quote:
Originally Posted by CReation
I personally didnt go to the Tampa event this year (even though i am only a hour away from the event site) but i have heard PLENTY of negative comments about the reffing! My argument:
If reffing has been so bad at almost every event this year then why is everyone still rushing to sign up for NPPL events?? The fast paced sellout of "spots" for each event of the NPPL schedule isnt gonna show the top dogs of NPPL that things need to change!
I am not neglecting the fact that the reffing has SUCKED at almost every event, this may be the case, but if it is, then i feel as if people need to stop wasting the money and signing up for the events! But i guess this is just a "vent" thread, allowing everyone to vent their anger at the reffing then when the next event rolls around they will be over it and ready for more 7-man action! To be honest, if i were a top executive of NPPL i could care less if all the players were complaining about how crappy the reffing was, as long as all of my events were selling out and people and players were still attending then i WOULDNT CHANGE A THING! <---but that is of course the thought of the $$money hungry executives$$ im sure there are "good people" in the NPPL that are genuinely caring for the players and fans and want the best experience possible for them!!
My main point for this post: Go ahead, complain about the reffing all you want -- but if you truly want to make a difference that may cause the NPPL to stop and look at what needs to change "boycott the events"!! Simple as that, right??

I dunno -- just my opinion..
Problem is it's just like anything else in the world, even though people know that fast food joints spit/do other crap in our food, does that stop buyers from ever coming again? Do people stop buying gas when the prices keep raising, no, because people feel that it's a essential as it is for lower ranked teams in paintball. No one is going to stop because everyone wants to move up in ranks and become known, and the only way to do that is by playing in PSP and NPPL events, the founders of the NPPL arn't stupid and know this which is why it isn't much of a problem for them. They can care less if a couple of DI,II,III teams decide to "boycott", as long as the pro teams still compete in the NPPL series so all of the lower ranked teams are going to.
LEGACY FAN CLUB #362
Claret DM9 F/S/T!!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:08 PM #98
pimponwheels22
WaTcH Ur BaCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix3169
NPPL isnt my addiction,...paintball is

but there are other leagues

see u guys in chicago!
amen to that, Xball all the way

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=898220 <-- my feedback
Old 05-24-2006, 04:48 PM #99
PlayersuckRefsRule

if the players walked the walk and played like they are expected then none of this would be any problemo

Practice , then come back
Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 PM #100
NIB means New in Box
Selling stuff as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersuckRefsRule
if the players walked the walk and played like they are expected then none of this would be any problemo

Practice , then come back
This is why referees are hated in all sports.

X-Ball "X" Bunker for sale HERE
Guns for Sale

Old Feedback
Old 05-25-2006, 12:04 AM #101
jhula13 (Banned)

Why does everyone blame it on the reffs? whose responsibility is it to provide good reffing? Hello dumb****s if a car dealer f's up your car do you seek out the mechanic or blame the dealership who hires them? If you get food poisoning at a restaurant is it the waiters fault?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:18 AM #102
Matrix3169
I Destroy Dreams

Matrix3169 plays in the PSP
Matrix3169 supports Team VICIOUS
Matrix3169 plays in the APPA D4 division
y blame the reffs....b/c for all the money that teams and sponsers pay the nppl ..theres no reason to have that horrible of reffing at events

if the reffs make bad a call (or multiple calls)...that would b THEIR fault....
Old 05-25-2006, 12:41 AM #103
randyDuDe
Randy Cool Beans

quick suggestion for all my fellow refs out there......

when you're out dying on the field, drink TONS of water, have a snack to eat, take a few pain relievers, and lie down in the shade between games.

sure, you'll look like a very lazy ref if you're lying down on the job (between games), but when come game time, you're on the balls of your feet, ready to make fair calls. don't be stupid.

if you're not a very athletic person, don't ref..

if you're a hesitant/indecisive person, don't ref..

if you're just in it for the jersey, buy mine - its #50, never used.

- REF #10 Randy Cool Beans

Scoobi-Da-Bop!

http://myspace.com/randycoolbeans
Old 05-25-2006, 12:59 AM #104
splat62
one shot one kill

the nppl can fix the problems, get ridd of the hotheads that,

1. start fights
2. use's bad language
3. cheats

i don't care what sport it is reffing is a tough business and they get to much blame, they are human and will make mistakes,just like in any sport, it's just part of the game that we have to take,

if they use the power of game suspensions or tournament suspensions or even season suspensions alot of the problems will be dealt with,which might attract more television time and major sponsorships, it would ligitimize the sport, could be looking at even the olympics, but we and the nppl need to police ourselves,

the major reason why i know it will work because the nppl got our attention when they started enforcing the rule agains't bouncing and ramping guns, bottomline i just want whats best for this great sport,

sonny

Last edited by splat62 : 05-25-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:00 AM #105
jono12
YEEEEE

reffs will necer b perfect. in any sport. it just sucks wen u get the get the bad side of the call. think about it though. any team that gets a bad call has had about the same amount of bad calls that went for them. including ur team. and mine. u just remember the times u where cheated over the times u got lucky.

but if u really think about it. wat i am sayin is true

ok, im done.

like how i used my periods?