PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:12 PM #1
duaumun

Indoor field idea ???

Ok, this project is a long way off in the making, but I thought that I would run it by every one in here to get their input. As a player, I enjoy both woodsball and speedball. However, I have always wondered what it would be like to play in a HOUSE. I am considering an indoor urban simulation paintball playing field. It would not need to be too big, a building could be leased if a large security deposit was put down. Walls everywhere. Sirens planted to alert a finished game. I know that massive insurance would be required for such close range combat, and an extensive team of lawyers would need to put together a very precise waiver. I don't think expense would be that bad--a warehouse could be rented and structures erected like a maze. If you really wanted you could make a grandstand for viewing of the games and for refs to easier see the field. I think this would be loads of fun. Velocity would need to be turned down (How low can it go? I was thinking 180-a 100 fps drop, would be much safer.) and no back of the head shots from close up. Again, long in the making, but what do you think? Good idea or not? All useful, non-flaming input welcome, new to the field perspective. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2006, 08:39 PM #2
crump582
I AM THE GREATEST!

I think it would be awesome. I've heard that they have an old 3 story school that they play in Indiana, never been there though. The place I play has something like that outside though. It might help if you made people wear the newb full helmet JT mask. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:52 PM #3
protopaintballer
.happy.

protopaintballer is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
protopaintballer is a Paintball photographer
protopaintballer plays in the PSP
protopaintballer is Legendary
i think your talking bout blast camp i want to say or its pb heat, one of those two used to be a school and was turned in to a field.

D1 Distortion paintball.
DST Digital
Old 05-21-2006, 09:04 PM #4
KrazyEyesKilla!

180 is kind of low I would think like 240 would be good. Getting hit doesn't hurt that bad frome close range.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=742137
Old 05-22-2006, 05:20 AM #5
duaumun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyEyesKilla!
180 is kind of low I would think like 240 would be good. Getting hit doesn't hurt that bad frome close range.
ok, i was just thinking for safety reasons...a lot of shots at 5-10 feet.
Thanks to everyone who posted so far, I will look into the camps/old school thing. Do you know if they leased the school or bought it?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:11 PM #6
crump582
I AM THE GREATEST!

www.paintballheat.com

That's the one I was talking about. Looks really cool.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:13 PM #7
smrtprts1
Not Eurotrash

i ref in an indoor field, its airball but relativly small (approx 14000sqft) and we chrono at 270but if youre building a maze 240-250 would be allright just as long as people dont bonus ball. have u decided what u will use for flooring we have carpet and it has stood the test of time pretty well and we clean it off every week, whatever you do dont use sawdust cuz u will have to replace it often or it will stink like hell.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 PM #8
duaumun

I figured that concrete would be fine. I thought that the purchase of a small powerwasher would help; after a day of play, the paint could be sprayed off and the shells swept towards a deposit for the trash. Again, far off in the making, but I am trying to get a whole cost/management plan together. A
Old 05-22-2006, 07:10 PM #9
jacob_tutu

dont go with just plain concrete people will slip and fall like crazy. put down atleast carpet or something.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:15 PM #10
duaumun

ok, good point with the concrete. What about that rubber flooring stuff? It will give traction. Carpet also sounds good, what type do you guys use?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:22 PM #11
ownedbymyion
Mental Breakdown

ya, ive always thought of how much fun it would be to do sumtin like that @ my school, sounds like a freat idea man gl w/ it

"Don't rumble with the boys if you can't take the hits."
Old 05-22-2006, 07:43 PM #12
duaumun

Yeah, don't think it will happen unless I win the lotto though...from what i'm hearing it sounds like I would need to buy a whole school. A lot cheaper to open an outdoor field set up w/maze or something.