PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-22-2006, 04:06 PM #22
i waste paint
One Case, One Kill

One of the players on XSV got shot in the head while trying to bunker someone, he shot to people after he was hit and refs said it was fair. I'm a XSV fan, and I think he should have been called out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2006, 04:12 PM #23
Audiomaster
Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Audiomaster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
$10 is totally doable. The grandstands filled right up so people where willing to pay. This also allows them ton control the number of people in the grandstand area. I don't know if you remember what it was like before they started charging but it was flat out unsafe. People were piled on top of each other in the rows, on the stairs, it was a joke. You couldn't move at the bottom of the bleachers and the first two rows couldn't see over the mess of people. This event it was a million times better. The whole grandstand expirience was much, much better.

As for reffing. There are good refs and bad refs. I agree the league needs to invest a lot more in reffs. The longer the day goes on the more fatigued the refs get, when refs get tired bad calls are made. Players exploit this.
You have to remember that refs do it on their own time, they have to take time off work and many away from their families to travel to these events. Many of them take 3 days of work off. Not all the refs can do it all the time so other refs have to be pulled in. Now whether or not the most qualified refs were used this event is beyond my knowledge.

I do take serious issue when the PSP reffing is compared to NPPL reffing. I have attended all the PSP events and both NPPL events this year. I'm sorry but the reffing at the PSPs is horrible. Granted, the NXL field is pretty good but the others flat out suck. In Las Vegas I watched a ref turn away from the game to watch a "hottie" walk by. During this time the player not 3 feet from him got hit and wiped. I also in Vegas watched 2 refs sit and talk during an entire game. In Texas I saw a ref lay down on the field and not move the entire game. I have never seen this at the NPPL.

Reffing is a problem across the board. As the owner of a feeder league I have serious reffing issues myself. There is just a shortage of good qualified willing referees out there. The level of competition is increasing fast and the level of reffing isn't matching the curve. There are some very good refs out there but not enough. No other professional sport requires the refs to perform under the conditions they do in paintball. 15 hour days 100 games a day? I mean c'mon cut these guys some slack.

IMO the biggest problem with reffing is players. The honor system seems to be a relic of the past. If players were honest then the current reffing staff would be more than sufficient.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM #24
pimponwheels22

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DD-Freak
the reffs on the empire feild ****ed HK over, in the game they lost and got eliminated by.
Amen to that, i sat watching games on the empire field for about an hour straight and all i saw was bad calls so i started pissing off ref 51. Some guy was in the 50 snake/cheese whatever u wanna call it, and gets bunkered once, they let him play and pull the other guy out, so another guy comes to do him, they keep him clean again and pull both guys that went to do him and he ran down the field to win the game. One of our local guys went and bunkered a guy, dove into their snake with one guy knowing, shoots him in the finger a few times and they traded off. the guy that got shot in the finger left the hit there and hung the flag so i started screaming get him out in the finger ref, the finger, and he told me to be quiet and i was like yeah i will of you start doing your job, and walked away. i got screwed over in a few games of mine also. maybe just cuz were from miami, whatever either way they sucked, end of story.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM #25
Highlow
FXX goes VROOM!

As far as the dynasty call with the paint bouncing, i was with dynasty after that game and they were not lieing, it is a rule and the shot was a buncingball, the call was good.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:23 PM #26
Matrix3169
I Destroy Dreams

Matrix3169 plays in the PSP
Matrix3169 supports Team VICIOUS
Matrix3169 plays in the APPA D4 division
all i have to say is the chronic field reffs couldn't catch a ramping gun to save their lives.....but eclipse field "hears guns ramp" that really dont

...kinda odd
Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 PM #27
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK

alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Chronic field reffs can burn in hell.

The end.

FREE SPHERE
Old 05-22-2006, 04:44 PM #28
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlow
As far as the dynasty call with the paint bouncing, i was with dynasty after that game and they were not lieing, it is a rule and the shot was a buncingball, the call was good.
Say what? I love it when people just invent rules.

There is no such rule.

If an intact paintball shot by a live player hits and breaks on you, you're out, regardless of how many bunkers the paintball bounces off of before hitting you.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 05-22-2006, 04:46 PM #29
HollisterCo.
+62/-0

HollisterCo. is a Supporting Member
i saw a guy wipe....and he was HORRIBLE at it. It took him 5 seconds, gun down and was looking at the hit. Yet....the refs didnt see it at all....
2nd Place FPPL #4 -1st pump tournament
Old 05-22-2006, 04:58 PM #30
MuPpEtMoWeR_569
White Boy Assassin

MuPpEtMoWeR_569 plays in the APPA D5 division
MuPpEtMoWeR_569 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree ^^^^^^
Old 05-22-2006, 05:35 PM #31
badballer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AhhDerkaDerka*
Hello,
I really have to agree with you, at Huntington Beach there were just some Reff's that were out right horible. At Huntington Beach on the JT Field they were probally the worst Reff's to hit the NPPL. I am ashamed on how NPPL took anyone who wanted to Reff this year. I know a few players local that are NPPL Reff's and they are the worst of the worst. I have never seen in my life this bad of Reff's it is just so incredible that NPPL would take anybody to Reff and these guys even get paid to screw up. I am really ashamed I really wish NPPL would re-think there Reffing qualifications and try and do somthing better for Boston,San Diego and Las Vegas.
Just my two cents.
Thank You,Shawn.
I agree. Especially on how crappy the reffs on the JT field were
Official WDP Mafia Legionare #14
Team Tyrants D3
WDP/Angel sponsored team

http://www.wdp.tv/
http://www.posocreekpaintball.com/
http://www.nxepaintball.com/
Old 05-22-2006, 05:53 PM #32
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK

alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlow
Stupid.

FREE SPHERE
Old 05-22-2006, 05:57 PM #33
pimponwheels22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix3169
all i have to say is the chronic field reffs couldn't catch a ramping gun to save their lives.....but eclipse field "hears guns ramp" that really dont

...kinda odd
yeah i think it was on mantis factory when a ref went inside a players bunker cuz he thought it was ramping, took his gun, left him in the bunker, tried making his gun ramp on the sideline, and running back in the bunker with the player in it trying to make the gun ramp while the ref was literally sharing a bunker with the guy and shooting the guys gun while he had nothing, wtf? i thought it was quite odd/funny
Old 05-22-2006, 05:59 PM #34
KMKkillaz
psalm27:1 a verse2 rember

the pull happy refs remind me of xpsl sc ccfactory got more 1 for 1's than all the other team put togather just cause the refs dont like the store
Old 05-22-2006, 06:34 PM #35
gambe06
C.C.F.

First stop blaming the refs, This is a NPPL problem. Some of you have said this and also talked about shortage of good refs. A shortage can be solved by payig them more or adding other perks or even running them in shorter shifts to make people actually want to do the job and be STERN at it. We can all complain like we do every event until no end.....but talking will do nothing, as has been proven. Sadly, the only way to begin the reconstruction proccess is to hit the nppl in the wallet. I say sadly cause this will not happen. There would have to be a LARGE boycott of the event or better yet a uniting of almost ALL the teams to form a players union.
Long ago the NPPL claimed to be a leauge made of the players by the players, so long. Just like in any free capitalistic society... eventaully $$$$$$$$$$ rules everything, and thats what is happening here. With the quality of reffing taking a back seat cause chuck knows (unless united) the teams can do nothing about it (reffing).
From a player stand piont, every event I want to play this leauge less and less. And it always comes from pretty much one thing, reffing. I have played the nppl for three years now and thats a long time to figure out the problem.

Just remember, as long as the event sells out in less then a week, the reffing will not change. More important, the amount of cheating and pushing the line will NEVER change. Add the two up and you get a real mess.

oh by the way, see ya in Boston

Nation- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...06+feedback%22
Old 05-22-2006, 06:49 PM #36
Matrix3169
I Destroy Dreams

screw boston

with entry fee increases every year and sponser increases, theres no reason not to have the best reffs
Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 PM #37
geekyrocketguy

I wasn't at Tampa, but I can say that the reffs at NPPL HB were pretty bad. On a couple occasions I saw 3 separate wipes in one game... Another time there was a guy crawling up the snake, one-fingering his trigger, and shooting 15 bps (ramping? ). I didn't see a single 3-for-1 all weekend. I remember in one game (semifinals, I think) an XSV player had a hit on his hopper and played for several minutes before wiping it... and like everyone in the crowd saw the hit.

My Photo Site
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM #38
shamu
Transplanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod
The league is responsible for the quality of the reffing. If they made it a priority, you know it'd be better. Unfortunately for the fans, they don't. That cheapens the integrity of the outcomes, cheapening the sport, and putting us more into the category of professional wrestling instead of a legitimate sporting event.

If anybody from the NPPL is reading this, that's the road you are going down. Give Dan Perez real support, get him a real reffing staff, and your league will be the best. Period.
You hit the nail on the head.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:10 PM #39
bmwag

Maybe the NPPL wants to end it. The head reff on the NPPL field told me that you shot a player in the pack,I went to check him but you drill me in the chess so I didnt pull him. He said I need to watch were Iam shooting. I was shooting over the top of a lay down roll. On the spider field we shot a player 3 of us, we got 2 1-4-1s. Reff #45 told my team mate to keep playing he did an when he pulled the trigger Reff#45 said playing on 1-4-1, at the same time Iam shooting him in the pack he turns an shoot me another reff told me playing on 1-4-1. How can 3players shoot 1 player an all 3 players get pulled.

We were told that you know that we got a lot of new reffs an they are learnig.

One game we didnt here socks off, we heard 10sec. one guy gun was not on ,next it was go go go his gun was not on the board so he taged up an the reff pulled him, he said the rule is if your gun is not on the board when we call go you can not tag up you are out. So we get the HNIC at the field,you know what the out come was on that, to bad the PRO REFF didnt know the rules SORRY.

Its ok for somthing like that to happen if the NPPL let us play for FREE, but it is a long way from being free.

PSP is starting to look better an better every NPPL event.

Last edited by bmwag : 05-22-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM #40
mistertrix

i liked the reffing when it came to me having a hit on my head my pack was lit up and my shopulder and they checked me and called me clean but when you tell them to check someone they really dont do **** or pull crazy mad one for ones for stupid **** also they let the crowd persuade them to easily
FEEDBACK!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post22057422
Old 05-22-2006, 08:39 PM #41
-DD-Freak
HK 4 EVA

bro, at the eclipse feild, some team sponsered by eclipse was playing snake and was clearly ramping with the reff standing right behind him, and i saw the kid hold down a button in the back and turn it off right before the reff came to check him, me and about 10 other people wittnessed this.

19 positive feedbacks! 0 negitive!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=24895738..post24895738"]
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM #42
Matrix3169
I Destroy Dreams

on the planet eclipse feild my gun wasnt ramping/bouncing at all, and they tried for 30 mins after the game was over to try to get it to ramp/bounce

so they said i should b lucky that they let me off with a warning???

i was like warning for what...u couldnt get it to bounce

but yet on the chronic feild there were team that were out right using psp ramping...or ramping that wasnt capped at 15!