PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 PM #22
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

McCain Can't make it past the primary. He's electable in the general, but not conservative enough in the primary. Plain and simple.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 06:38 PM #23
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP Klaus
I agree as to the Dems failing, but I honestly think that given the amount of obstruction from left in both the Senate and House, the Republicans have made some headway. If what was presented by the dems in the past 5+ years was accurate, the economy would be in dire straights, and that couldn't be further from whats actually happening, not to mention Americans who got off their ***es and got jobs, with unemployment VERY low. Sure there were screwups in Iraq, and sure there was scandal after scandal, and sure the whiney bleeding heart dems tried every trick in the book, but take off the blinders and you'll see quite a bit of positive coming out. Yes, things could be better, but with dems constantly peddling doom and gloom, it's a wonder they get votes at all!
It's amazing you can tell anyone to take their blinders off with a straight face you rampant apologetic.

If the dems were given what the repubs were 5 years ago, I guarentee the country would be virtually the same as it is today. I don't think you understand how trivial the practical differences are between the parties. What they say versus what they do are two entirely seperate things and once a dem or repub gets something passed, it's been hugely watered down by Congress and it become more moderate than anything one party leaning.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 PM #24
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
I agree as to the Dems failing, but I honestly think that given the amount of obstruction from left in both the Senate and House, the Republicans have made some headway. If what was presented by the dems in the past 5+ years was accurate, the economy would be in dire straights, and that couldn't be further from whats actually happening, not to mention Americans who got off their ***es and got jobs, with unemployment VERY low. Sure there were screwups in Iraq, and sure there was scandal after scandal, and sure the whiney bleeding heart dems tried every trick in the book, but take off the blinders and you'll see quite a bit of positive coming out. Yes, things could be better, but with dems constantly peddling doom and gloom, it's a wonder they get votes at all!
The republicans have run their course playing a strategy of fear. That is how they have been able to win recently.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-11-2006, 09:32 PM #25
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Who cares? Congress has a 99% incumbancy rate. Yes, the GOP will lose a couple seats, but not their majority. When polled people tend to dislike Congress as a whole, but abosolutely adore their own representitive.

Posts in this thread lead me to believe very few people in here have even taken an entry level poli-sci course.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 PM #26
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate
Who cares? Congress has a 99% incumbancy rate. Yes, the GOP will lose a couple seats, but not their majority. When polled people tend to dislike Congress as a whole, but abosolutely adore their own representitive.

Posts in this thread lead me to believe very few people in here have even taken an entry level poli-sci course.
I never said anything to which you are adressing.

Yes incumbants seem to always win. But the issue is, now and in 94 that one party has gone too far and become to lazy to enact change while taking on the wrong issues. That is why it is possible a majority shift could happen. The house more than the Senate.

Oh, my district doesn't like our Rep, Cunningham

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-11-2006, 10:43 PM #27
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
It could happen, but it would be highly unlikely.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:55 AM #28
Haga652001
Night divides the day

Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
The problem today is that our republicans are so far right and our democrats are so far left. The last few years have really divided our country and the ideologies of each party, creating no middle ground.
noi the Problem is that Republicans Have moved too far to the right to damn near the point of reactionism. while the democrats have made themselves out to be a party of Dumb****s every chance they get, the core message at the Heart of the Party has not changed, and thier political stance has not changed, or if it has its moved towards the Middle.

For proof we Look at the Clinton's. The Clinton's are the leaders of what people like to call the "New Democrats". the New Democrats are very Moderate on Economic issues, even if they are a bit keysenian in thier approaches. The New Democrats are also only a little Socially Liberal. thier social agenda is still focused around a class struggle, however the stance has been moderated considerably since the 60's and 70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
primaries left voters confused, and bush had the religious vote from the start...not that kerry isnt a religous guy, but when was the last time the dems ever made an attempt to show they have a religious side? 2 presidential debates before the election? too little too late
the "religious" vote in this country is so damn shallow. if they would accually stop and open thier eyes they would realize they agree with what 75%-80% of the Democratrs say. Most religious people are in favor of Helping the Impoverished, good schools, so on and so forth. however, everytime a Republican calls out the liberals like gays, or the liberals want to kill your unborn baby, or the liberals want to take 75% of your paycheck in taxes. they go running right back. they are ****ing morons sometimes.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:11 PM #29
Evilwombat
Damn noob 2k8er's

Party of bad Ideas against the Party of no Ideas.

Life goes on.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:19 PM #30
idriveavw
Unicorn Power!

idriveavw is a Supporting Member
Quote:
exit polls also showed Kerry winning the '04 election
and actual votes showed gore winning in 2000
ST sXe Crew Member #4

2002 Galactic Blue VW Jetta GLI
VWFixx
Old 05-12-2006, 11:56 PM #31
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

Ignore it.
Pay attention when they poll "likely" voters, not "registered" voters.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:39 AM #32
4rtshark (Banned)
Fat Jewish Streetshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveavw
what's said is said, what's done done.

Van, I'm willing to acknowledge this as legit: pollers aren't think wholistically, they're thinking (and erroneously, ofcourse) "iraq=bad=bush=reps=me likey dems"
Old 05-13-2006, 01:27 AM #33
mark2582

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdomen
McCain Can't make it past the primary. He's electable in the general, but not conservative enough in the primary. Plain and simple.
Probably true. Which sucks because with a nomination, I think he would have a very good chance on winning.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:25 AM #34
smartone1939

Quote:
yeah, but the laws of the country said he lost!

quit whining about the 2000 election
Old 05-13-2006, 10:29 AM #35
Trix
RIP DALE #3

Trix supports our troops
Trix is an NCPA player
Trix supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartone1939
yeah, but the laws of the country said he lost!

quit whining about the 2000 election
Laws put in place to make sure the people of America would never have complete control of their government.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:33 AM #36
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
I'm not saying democrats didnt learn any lessons from losing to W AGAIN! but I wouldnt put it by them to be leading double digits all the way to election day and then some how screwing it up....
Democrats just dont really connect to the people. But now, neither do republicans. Both parties are heading down the wrong roads.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 05-20-2006, 10:21 PM #37
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rtshark
what's said is said, what's done done.

Van, I'm willing to acknowledge this as legit: pollers aren't think wholistically, they're thinking (and erroneously, ofcourse) "iraq=bad=bush=reps=me likey dems"
They asked the "registered voters" something like "are you more likely to vote for a Republican candidate, or a Democrat candidate?"
Most of them said Democrat.
The question is, how many of those registered voters are going to make it to the polls on election day? What's the average turnout for a mid term election? 40%? 50%?
If I recall correctly, there are more Democrats registered in the US, but they have a significantly lower voter turn out on election day. That alone can swing the result of a poll based solely on registration to vote, and not on the likely hood of them actually doing it.
If you want an accurate indication, you ask "LIKELY voters" who they are thinking of voting for. Those are the people who have voted in the past election mid term elections, and also say they are going to vote in this one.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 PM #38
BCP Klaus
Sodomization happens!

Quote:
and President Bush actually won, and still to this day, is the President of the United States
Old 05-22-2006, 03:15 PM #39
BCP Klaus
Sodomization happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingerXL
It's amazing you can tell anyone to take their blinders off with a straight face you rampant apologetic.

If the dems were given what the repubs were 5 years ago, I guarentee the country would be virtually the same as it is today. I don't think you understand how trivial the practical differences are between the parties. What they say versus what they do are two entirely seperate things and once a dem or repub gets something passed, it's been hugely watered down by Congress and it become more moderate than anything one party leaning.
LoL rampant eh? and I'm very well aware that by their nature, Politicians are scum, and what it comes down to, which party is less scummy than the other, and we all have our opinions on that one?