PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-22-2006, 02:34 AM #1
avhs05

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation !!!!help Me Please????

Well ive been deciding on what i want to do. I currently have an ion with a cp reg, check it asa, clamping feedneck, and freak. I wasnt really happy with it when i went to the field. The gun itself was ok, but everyone and their uncle has an ion. I found this RAT Impulse that looks pretty nice. Here is a pic of it,
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/7621152794.jpg&s=x11
It has a vision cricket board in it, which i really dont know much about. Rat IMPS have been catching my eye lately, and i want to try something new. I just dont know if this is a good trade. The guy is willing to trade straight up for my ion, but i dont know what to do honestly. How many bps would i be able to reach on this thing, anything better than my ion? The pics of my ion can be found in my sig. Id really appreciate it if someone would help me out and maybe give me some advice. How is the trigger pull on this thing? Similar to the ion? Weight for someone playing back? Easy to clean the marker? Also, how much would it be to get ECS done to the board(from what i read its a good thing), and would it be worth it? I paid 270 for the ion..so what do you think about the trade?
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2006, 06:25 AM #2
typingexploits

to be honest your ion will perform better than that imp they way they are. However if you plan on putting money into that imp than it can become very nice. The thing is that imp is all stock, and many people have put hundreds into imps to make them sick. An imp is alot heavier than an ion, which isn't a big deal for a back player. The trigger pull is a bit harder (not much ) than an ions, but that trigger is better than a stock ions. That stock board is capped at 13 where are the ions is 17. Not that you'll be shooting that fast. If you really want to trade tell him that you want to keep barrels, that's one less thing you'll be buying later on. Imps are a but easier to clean than a ion seeing as how you can pull the pin and get the bolt out. ECS is good but i'd look into getting a used WAS board. They are kicking around here for like 60-65 bucks and are well worth the money.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:42 AM #3
white trash
extreme rightwing

Annual Supporting Member
don't do it, even RAT imps are some of the most upped from the seller, this one in the picture has a regular SP bolt, that tells me that perhaps the seller may have removed some of the upgrades,
IMPs are IMHO outstanding when compared to IONs, ease of maintaining, use and upgrades are the pluses, negitives, weight and age,
but now ask yourself this, look at the b/s/t/ electro marker forum, how come so many ions for sale if they are really that good?

Hooray For Boobies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA SUCKS
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=396
Old 05-22-2006, 01:16 PM #4
avhs05

thank you guys, im taking that into consideration. I found this guy who is willing to trade me his imp with a WAS board for my ion. Take a look for me please. http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=87537
Old 05-22-2006, 02:15 PM #5
JcKa
post-Hipster

Smitty is a great guy and his Imp would be the better trade. True, it is the stock body, but with $62 for NDz Ram Housing Assembly and I think like $100-$200 worth of milling, that gun would be schweet.

Imps are a dying breed, and the only thing you have to ask yourself is, do you want a gun that won't sell for anything once you stop liking it?

My advice would be to go to your local field and try and trade guns with an impulse guy, and play for the day. An imp for a game isn't that bad, but to play with it a whole day will definitely make you decide whether or not you like it.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:01 PM #6
BunkerKing5291
Hate.Heart.Love.

BunkerKing5291 plays in the USPL
BunkerKing5291 plays in the PSP
BunkerKing5291 is an NCPA player
wow stf^ like the gen trix every one said the same thing and look the worth sumtin now
to the host of the thread the cricket board( i own) is of course vision which is nice it shoots 20 bps+
im to lazy to look at the pic now but if u fell good wit the trade do it!!!!
REP CODE : AJKATT For 20% OFF
SUNY Oswego Rush NCPA Alumni
Old 05-28-2006, 02:53 AM #7
avhs05

alrighty guys, ive been doing some research...and i came up with two great offers...i think. One of the imps that i might trade my ion for is a FBM imp. That can be seen here...
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13302500637.jpg&s=f5
the specs on it are:
jackhammer 2 lpr
was board
ndz silkshot ram
new battery
strange bolt
mabey a ndz valve

the other imp that i was looking at was this one...and it can be found here
http://community.webshots.com/album/307710029kLlMvT
the specs on this one is:
EQ BOARD (Yes it has eyes)
Max-Flo Reg
NDZ R.I.P. Valve
NDZ super stubby bolt
NDZ VFF (same function as an LPR)
NDZ slick shot ram shaft
NDZ hammer assembly
NDZ strip eye cover
NDZ Ball Detents
NDZ clamping feedneck
CP roller ball bearing speed trigger
SS rat hole hammer
Titanium pull pin
High volume front cap
Sticky grips
Freak barrel with .689 insert with a check it unimount.

SO guys..Which one is more better? I honestly dont know which one to chose...so i would like your opinions please! Help me out, im lookin to become a member of the impulse family!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:25 AM #8
Box
Wroooaaarrrr!

Annual Supporting Member
Box is playing at Living Legends VII
My Impulse wins.

But, if you don't count my Imp (Dominator of Impulses) then the second one will destroy the competition in a hail of bloody gunfire and welts after its tuned in.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:13 AM #9
avhs05

anyone else care to put in their input?
Old 05-29-2006, 08:13 AM #10
Slow_Target

The FBM also has a i-frame on it. Many people like them and are generally very fast triggers. Sometimes a bit bouncy. That doesn't look like my JHII though, it may be an older JHI.
I would prefer the Rat. They both have the same board, bolts, maybe valve, etc. The Rat has a bit better ups and I like the milling. The FBM is a good looking marker though.
Equalized Black Impulse #9792, Kapp on/off, Check-it low-rise, Dye 71/45, full Freak, JHII, SS RatHole, SP Mag trig, NDZ Equalizer bolt, Slik-Shot & R.I.P. valve, Hybrid grips.
Gen-E LCD#22139, toxic breach, Gold Evolve, ccm feed, cp reg & asa
99 Shocker Turbo/SelectFire #7069
"Originally posted by wolverine Be a man and pick a side of the fence and stay there. "
Old 05-29-2006, 01:39 PM #11
white trash
extreme rightwing

Annual Supporting Member
this rat;http://community.webshots.com/album/307710029kLlMvT;
is the best you have come across yet, trade w/ confidence

Hooray For Boobies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA SUCKS
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=396

Last edited by white trash : 05-29-2006 at 01:41 PM.