Bush proposes putting some National Guard units on the border - Page 4 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-18-2006, 04:41 AM #64
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by $PJ$
If left unchecked 200 million more will be here in 15 -20 years. Imagine the welfare and ss systems with those numbers.

Better start saving for the future.

I love in the speech/presentation when he said "catch and release"

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2006, 03:49 PM #65
25bps (Banned)
Cause for Concern

25bps is a Supporting Member
Quote:
If left unchecked 200 million more will be here in 15 -20 years. Imagine the welfare and ss systems with those numbers.
*twisted smile* Oh that's not if it's left unchecked, the 100 to 200 million number is those who will be let in legally under the senate's amnesty plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight
Hey, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with him, I was just playing devil's advocate in trying to relay his point.

Zack's usage of the word "facism" is somewhat different (on the surface, mind you) than the casual form typically used.
Gotcha.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:51 PM #66
XOne (Banned)
Un soldado de Dios

Welfare is already a mess and SS wont exist in a few years.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM #67
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Welfare is already a mess and SS wont exist in a few years.
Thr problem exists when our generation retires as the baby boomer generation will have sucked out the money set aside for us.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 AM #68
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
I heard on the radio today that mexico was trying to sue us for deploying guards on our borders. Have any of you heard this?

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 AM #69
25bps (Banned)
Cause for Concern

They've brought it to the UN a couple of times. I think they're still looking for a sleezebag lawyer to take their case since I think this time it is through our own courts. Probably will find a tank full of them in LA.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:17 PM #70
BCP Klaus
Sodomization happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill
I heard on the radio today that mexico was trying to sue us for deploying guards on our borders. Have any of you heard this?
Actually, they weren't talking about suing because of the deployment, but stating that if an "illegal" was manhandled/ruffed up, in the process of being detained, and it was by a member of the NG, that we'd be sued, or something along those lines.

Did anyone hear the latest? Mexico, El Salvador, and several other Latin American countries, are "quietly" protesting Pres. Bush's plan to quell the immigration issue, and apparently either have, or will be writing a formal protest to the State Dept. Thats absolutely freakin' rediculous! why should any country, much less...some of those third world ****holes, try to dictate how we should secure our borders? If thats not proof enough that these countries are working together to flood our country with their downtrodden citizens, in hopes it will weaken us. and proof positive we need to stop this crap ASAP!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:51 PM #71
25bps (Banned)
Cause for Concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP Klaus
why should any country, much less...some of those third world ****holes, try to dictate how we should secure our borders?
Because Bush, the democrats, and half the republicans wants to give the country away to them.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:23 PM #72
4rtshark (Banned)
Fat Jewish Streetshark

Quote:
well, if the current generation of mexican immigrants here, be they illegal or not, continue sending back a smuch as they are, than it's possible that there'll be enough stimulation and empowerment (Pablo sends over 800 dollars to his cousin who can buy a dinky old pick up and find a job outside of his village) that Mexico may have, in 20 years from, enough economic potential to be desireable. Unlikely, and Mexicans, like may, subscribe to the American dream ideal, but tangible...

don't parade that in your sig, PJ, Asskicka's thrice the globalcitizen you'll ever be.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:30 PM #73
backinwhite (Banned)

backinwhite is a Supporting Member
I support bush and that would be a great idea to have the guard there. I think the wall would also not be a bad idea.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:51 PM #74
P8ntLife189
Not a Gang Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinwhite
I support bush and that would be a great idea to have the guard there. I think the wall would also not be a bad idea.

a great idea...a great idea...on what grounds is this a good idea?!

did you even read the speech? did you see the interview with rumsfeld and o'reily.

you are vastly uninformed if you think this is a good idea

the guard isnt even going to be enforcing anything, its a political ploy to up bush's poll ratings
I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Liberal Democrats don't want praying in school. Why? Because praying causes thinking. And thinking causes Republicans.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:16 PM #75
ProtoNY
I'm a people alien.

I think it is a good start, but it does not go far enough. I have no problem putting the guard on the border, but I would like to see them have enforcement power. Face it, the immigration system is broken, and has been for the last forty years or so.

It is irratating to see the number of illegals here. My great grandparents came over here looking for a new life from under a brutal dictator (Italy). They managed to learn English, get properly processed, and get good jobs and lead their lives as proud Americans. Those days are gone, and no one had a pair to change it at the risk of offending people.

Honestly, it offends me that we, as a country, don't seem to care enough to change it. Short of a terrorist attack sponsored by the Mexican government, I don't see anyone doing anything to send them home. That is one of the main reasons I don't miss living in the southwest anymore.

--Proto