PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-14-2006, 01:33 AM #1
dyeballer123456

how much do alien intercepters weigh

seems like they way alot, i held one and seemed pretty heavy with tank and hopper on. any help on how much they really do weigh, are they like heavy like dm3 heavy? thanks guys
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 01:38 AM #2
snowpainter420
Im a 707 North Bayer

A tad bit more than an ego. I used my friends ego for a few rounds today and held my friends alien and theres not much of a noticable difference, but that was just me. Every time i hold this gun it makes me want to get one even more, so damn comfy, probably my next gun.

from the FAQ sticky
6. How much does it weigh?

Interceptor weighs less than Two pounds, without a Barrel and Regulator, Drop or tank.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:57 AM #3
DC Batman (Banned)

yea also the person prob had like a 72/3000 and a halo b or sumtin on it...wat kind of tank and hopper he had
Old 05-14-2006, 11:15 AM #4
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
05 interceptor with everything on and inside it (minus battery) weighs 2.35 ounces. 06 is generally the same, and the remains weighs 2 pounds exactly.

and if you think a set up with any gun is too heavy, quit paintball now and go back to tea time with the rest of the pansies... if you can't lift <10 pounds, theres seriously something up...
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-14-2006, 11:20 AM #5
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Weight definately does matter. If it didn't, then we'd all play with big heavy scenario guns in order to reduce the effect of kick on our aim. Having a lighter gun helps you snap more quickly and run-and-gun more accurately.

Try taking a 10 pound weight and doing a superman dive with it. Good luck keeping it off the ground.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:30 AM #6
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

I'm not saying weight doesn't matter, I'm saying if you're complaining that a set up is too heavy, especially with an alien, you need to go to the gym more.

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-14-2006, 12:12 PM #7
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Oh, definately. If an Alien setup is too heavy, then you should play stock class.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:26 PM #8
DarkTamer
Reaganomics!

has been a member for 10 years
I held a 05 Interceptor, than a 05 Ego. They both had the same tank and hopper. I personally felt that the 05 interceptor was lighter.

jdev taught me that."

Lava Sniper 2 For sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post63728244
Old 05-14-2006, 01:25 PM #9
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

Yeah.. the Interceptor ('05 or '06) are both much lighter than a DM3... My friend's DM3 feels like it ate an Interceptor and a full halo and 88/45 tank... its huge...

I honestly don't know how much my ceptor weighs with the setup, but it weighs a ton less than my friends set-up DM3, and a full setup Pimp (both using halo's and 68/30 tanks).

...and here (kinda a work in progress): Squarespace
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 AM #10
pdogg6
Controlled Revenge

^^^oh my gosh that is to halarious "hit the weights" I think I saw in a interview that it weighs 2lbs4oz w/reg, barrel and on/off ASA? Sound right?

Alien Interceptors
Alienpb

PBNation feedback
Old 05-15-2006, 03:33 PM #11
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

I own both an 06 interceptor and a dm3 and the dm3 is much MUCH heavier, I cant give you exact weights because Im lazy and have no scale but the interceptor is easily one of the lightest guns out there (and the dm3 one of the heaviest )
ALIEN ARMADA: because winning really is more fun
Without Trust, what is a mans worth
Old 05-15-2006, 04:08 PM #12
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

I'm coming from an Impulse, so I can definately appreciate light guns like the Alien.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:18 PM #13
NS-Tristan
BÍte Noire

NS-Tristan is a Supporting Member
i'm coming from an impulse, to dm3, to alien.

Not sure what kind of setup it was...but he had to have a pretty heavy setup..

old maxflo + halo? + stubby tank? OR 88/45?
Tristan Duncan #03
BÍte Noire

Feedback

Marq7 Trade
Old 05-15-2006, 09:05 PM #14
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

114/4500? lol

Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 PM #15
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS-Tristan
i'm coming from an impulse, to dm3, to alien.
same with me, we're practically twins

I run a halo and a 68/3 with my alien because I'm a backman and I'm not exactly running any marathons so I don't need to drop the $ for a 45/45 and a vlocity
ALIEN ARMADA: because winning really is more fun
Without Trust, what is a mans worth
Old 05-16-2006, 04:25 PM #16
donalson

ran my alien that way one day... my CP reg valve stem was trashed (retarded prior owner didn't know what lube was) so i was waiting for the replacment parts and ran it w/ a friends old 110ci SP maxflo tank and a expansion chamber i had laying around

once i removed that 1/2" spacer block it honestly felt VERY nice almost identical dimentions to my setup using a 68/45... weight wsn't an issue for me

figured you guys would get a kick outa that ;-)
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM #17
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

Haha that tank is mass ownage... How much does that thing weigh? and # shots? Damn...

Probly still lighter than a DM3 setup...

...and here (kinda a work in progress): Squarespace
Old 05-16-2006, 04:43 PM #18
donalson

no clue what it weighed... numbers should put it getting about 2600 shots... i never shoot more then 1/2 a case at rec-ball so no clue honestly.

and your right prob is lighter then a dm3 setup lol... honestly didn't feel to heavy... the weight was very well balanced... whenever i get another alien i'd consider setting it up full time like that haha
Old 05-16-2006, 09:54 PM #19
NS-Tristan
BÍte Noire

NS-Tristan is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalson

ran my alien that way one day... my CP reg valve stem was trashed (retarded prior owner didn't know what lube was) so i was waiting for the replacment parts and ran it w/ a friends old 110ci SP maxflo tank and a expansion chamber i had laying around

once i removed that 1/2" spacer block it honestly felt VERY nice almost identical dimentions to my setup using a 68/45... weight wsn't an issue for me

figured you guys would get a kick outa that ;-)

that's the coolest thing ever.

JUST GOT MY ALIEN BACK!!!

Its ninjar....

(Literally, black everything....)

i'll post pics after I test it... (waiting for my teammate to drop off my Hybrid Grind asa)
Tristan Duncan #03
BÍte Noire

Feedback

Marq7 Trade