Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-16-2006, 08:13 AM #1
kevinhughes25

I need some ideas on a new course i am opening!!!

Hi there. I am opening a course in the city limits of Charlotte, North Carolina. The city last night just passsed it and said I could. But they gave me to barriers. They said I could not use the forest around to have a woods course (cause it is to close to houses supposedly) and second I could not have a speed ball course with the blow up stands.
1) Is it still worth opening
2) Have any ideas for other courses?
3) WIll i get business not having a woods course and a speed ball course?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2006, 08:38 AM #2
graysonp
Me = Awesome

has been a member for 10 years
Sure, you can still get business. Just make a couple speedball fields out of hypertube or spools. Then make a more woodsy type field by spreading it out over a large area. Make a fort or a few buildings if you can. You need something other than speedball, but it doesn't have to be in the woods.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:24 AM #3
ComradeJatho
Still Awesome.

any specific reason why they won't let you use Sup'Air? Seems very strange to me they would allow the more 'war-type' woodsball style to be played but not tournament style on Sup'Air.

But then again, it is North Carolina.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:46 PM #4
magicviz
Outbreak

Paintball Central is already located in Charlotte. Very bad place to try to open a field that close to them.

As for ComradeJatho, why don't you stop talking about paintball somewhere that you know nothing about it. We have some of the nicest paintball complexes there are. The cfoa is huge and we have alot of other quality series right here in NC. Trauma is also based out of NC-
Old 05-21-2006, 03:04 AM #5
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if i were you id take it outside the city limits
Old 05-22-2006, 06:29 PM #6
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Take it fairly outside of the Char. City Limits. There's quite a few ballers that live in Matthes, you know. Some of them can or can't afford the prices at PBC (I'd go if I could get there at least) But there's also a fair amount that take the travel time out to CJ's. So.... what he said to take it outside the city limits might be a good idea. See if you can find a way to set up a field in matthews somewhere. It might generate you a fair amount of buisness. Just a thought from an NC baller as well.