Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2006, 11:51 AM #1
paulaballa
DR_AXEL

paulaballa posts videos on PbNation
got me a scuba tank

i got a fill station the other day and got a scuba tank yesterday,i shot so many paintballs i had to stop before i ran out usualy i run out of air first.When i got it it was full of pressure so right away i was getting fills i filled a 68/3000 about 4 times and still have 2000 psi in the scuba tank i think it was at 2500 when i got it,i cant wait to go to this dive shop the guy was tellin me to get it filled at,i would buy all the stuff so i could go diving with it....but i live in alaska and the water is cold.I traded a air force 3000psi hand pump which is cool is your in the middle of nowhere with no air and have an hour to pump a tank up but i would rather use an hour of my time getting a big tank filled and use like 6 bucks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 PM #2
matrix_muck
Love you long time

The air they place inside scuba tanks for "paintball fills" isn't suitable for breathing. You have to have them empty, and fill it with a suitable air if you wanted to go scuba diving with it. Also, you need a certification card saying you are a diver, and can have it filled. It's also like 45 dollars instead of 6 bucks for th "paintball fill"
Old 05-12-2006, 12:52 PM #3
paulaballa
DR_AXEL

speak for yourself bro i dont know where you are but first of all why would they put "paintball"air in a dive tank when it comes fro a dive store,plus i can pic if i want air or gas/nitro no card needed i could have no little bro or girl fill it for me,and you dont know the prices of my local store....poof
Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 PM #4
matrix_muck
Love you long time

Don't talk to me like Im a retard. I was simply stating facts that are law in the state of California. You HAVE to ask for a "Paintball Fill" whenever you go somewhere to get a scuba tank filled. To have a dive shop or any sporting store fill a tank here, with suitable air for breathing, you must have a certification card, and the prices vary. I was simply telling you so that you knew of the fact in case you from California. You don't have any type of statement of where you are from. And I'm not about to look on your myspace. Anyways. "little bro or girl" could fill it? In Cali you have to be certified and if anyone would let a little kid fill a tank, that could burst a disk into their face if overfilled, is a complete moron and would be fined. Poof.

Edit: I just noticed you said you were from Alaska. Sorry for missing that and caring for other people's safety.

Last edited by matrix_muck : 05-12-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 PM #5
meotai
OneShotKiller

lol matrix_muck you're getting ripped off. Sports chalet charge $5 whether it's for paintball or diving. and the air are the same.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:08 PM #6
matrix_muck
Love you long time

I only pay $5 bucks too. Its the divers that are getting ripped off. haha
Old 05-12-2006, 10:18 PM #7
p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

p8ntballsteve is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends III
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VI
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VII
A dive shop will fill them with the SAME air. FYI, the air used by almost all places is the same used for scuba diving. it is cleaned, dry air that you would find anywhere, the only difference is that air for breathing is from compressors that go through more testing, and usually cleaned more often, but that is for all fills from a scuba shop. EVERY fill from a scuba shop will be from the same compressor, thus all of it should be fine for breathing, unless the shop has a different compressor for each type of tank, its the same. In fact, I use my scubas for both diving and paintball, fill them at the same place, and never tell them which its for since its the same air.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:20 PM #8
ClickyPen
.:aggtastic:.

California laws suck they are too strict.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:56 PM #9
Nightfire303
Lego my ego

at least u dont have to wait till ur 18 to drive like jersey is now pffff
Feedback 36+0-
FeedBack
Ebay feedback
Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 AM #10
p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

p8ntballsteve is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends III
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VI
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_muck
Don't talk to me like Im a retard. I was simply stating facts that are law in the state of California. You HAVE to ask for a "Paintball Fill" whenever you go somewhere to get a scuba tank filled.

Matrix, I have just searched through California laws for any law that states you must have different fills for paintball as opposed to breathing, and came up with no such law. please link me, or show me the law, I am curious as to how a state would phrase such a law, as in my years studying law, I've never heard of a law that forces an entire industry state wide to change what kind of non-hazardous materials are allowed to be used.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:44 AM #11
paulaballa
DR_AXEL

there is all kinds of stickers on it from tests an stuff so i think my seals are good and i will keep it inspected often
Old 05-13-2006, 01:47 AM #12
paulaballa
DR_AXEL

i will post pics soon! maxtrix muck i hate your sig!
Old 05-13-2006, 02:55 PM #13
balios

I fill mine at a dive shop and its $5 (they don't even know its for paintball, its filled along with the 'dive' tanks). I also got 20 free fills for buying a tank at their shop, so the tank paid for itself in no time!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:11 PM #14
paulaballa
DR_AXEL

how much did your tank cost?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:52 PM #15
[mean_mirror]

[mean_mirror] helped look for balloons
WTF I HAVE TO WAIT TILL IM 18 to drive?

noooooooooooooooooooo
Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 AM #16
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_muck
Don't talk to me like Im a retard. I was simply stating facts that are law in the state of California. You HAVE to ask for a "Paintball Fill" whenever you go somewhere to get a scuba tank filled. To have a dive shop or any sporting store fill a tank here, with suitable air for breathing, you must have a certification card, and the prices vary. I was simply telling you so that you knew of the fact in case you from California. You don't have any type of statement of where you are from. And I'm not about to look on your myspace. Anyways. "little bro or girl" could fill it? In Cali you have to be certified and if anyone would let a little kid fill a tank, that could burst a disk into their face if overfilled, is a complete moron and would be fined. Poof.

Edit: I just noticed you said you were from Alaska. Sorry for missing that and caring for other people's safety.
Wow... where do I begin... A burst disk will not "burst a disk into their face". If a burst disk goes, air harmlessly comes out... hisses, but does not send the disk into someones face.

And there are no laws concerning filling tanks for someone. There could be 10 cops standing over my shoulder, and someone can say they want a tank filled, and not say what for... and there is no law against me filling it - even with no card.

The industry is based on lawsuits.... If I fill a scuba tank for someone who tries to scuba with it who has not had the training, and they kill themselves, then their family might come back and try to sue me. So it is not law... it is lawsuits that influence the need for asking for a card, or having them say it's for paintball... but the same air either way, and we get 3 bucks for a scuba tank fill - no matter what you're using it for.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:28 PM #17
matrix_muck
Love you long time

Haha I guess I got owned by everyone. I'm going by what store employees tell me at Sport Chalet and paintball shops have told me. Guess I should tell them all to shove it....Oh and I didn't mean that a disk would burst into their face, I meant that the air would shoot out of the burst disk, and if someone's face was near it, it might hurt. As for tanks jsut "hissing out," that wasn't the case when I saw one overfilled, the tank actually shot so much air out so fast the tank started moving around all over the ground. So I dunno...whatever I'll shut up now. Thanks for compltely owning me guys. haha