PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-05-2006, 09:52 PM #1
hjay

Question Field gear.

I need to know two things. We are planning on moving to HPA and I found a package deal with compressor, 2 tank cascade system, 3000 psi push-button fill station, 4500 psi push-button fill station, scuba fill station, and all the hoses and fittings for $6,600 not including shipping. Is this a good deal or can anyone give me suggestions? Second, we are also planning on converting to an air bunker field and I found a 7 man Smart Bunker(tm) field for $3,990 without shipping. Does anyone have any experience with the Smart Bunkers(tm)? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2006, 05:19 AM #2
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjay
I need to know two things. We are planning on moving to HPA and I found a package deal with compressor, 2 tank cascade system, 3000 psi push-button fill station, 4500 psi push-button fill station, scuba fill station, and all the hoses and fittings for $6,600 not including shipping. Is this a good deal or can anyone give me suggestions? Second, we are also planning on converting to an air bunker field and I found a 7 man Smart Bunker(tm) field for $3,990 without shipping. Does anyone have any experience with the Smart Bunkers(tm)? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kinda like saying I found a car for $6,600... is that a good deal?

Uh... Yugo... or Ferrari??

If the compressor is a good brand in good shape and is at least 12 cfm... then it sounds like a fair deal for a compressor setup. Can't help with the smart bunkers....

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:28 AM #3
drumnbassej1

has been a member for 10 years
Smart Bunkers are made by Mighty Paintball. Look around for them.
In my experiences, I've had good luck with Sup'Air. I've had many other field owners tell me that they hated their (mighty's) Smart Bunker fields.

Last edited by drumnbassej1 : 05-10-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:24 PM #4
osgpaintball

mighty bad service

They have horrible costomer service!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:49 PM #5
PlayBoyz paintball

at least a 12 cfm?!???!!! good lord!!!! lol dpependng on the size of the field determines the size of a compressor you will need. i have 3 airball fields (7man, 5man, 3man) and a rec field and i have a 9 cfm compressor which does the trick just fine! (2 fill stations, 3 resavoir tanks)

but bavck to topic, what kind of compressor is it?
Hurra's support #144
wErd!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:58 PM #6
drumnbassej1

I agree wholeheartedly, I have not been impressed in my dealings with MP. IMO Sup'Air is the way to go when it comes to price and quality.

The 7 man MB field at $3990 is actually more expensive than Sup'Air's 7 man field.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:29 PM #7
hjay

Compressor

The compressor is an Alkin 5 cfm with 2- 4500 bulk tanks
1- fill station and set up to do Scuba tank fills
2- PUSH BUTTON FILL STATIONS that are maintenance free unlike the other guys where you have to oil the o-rings DAILY. These push button fill stations are the best on the market.
1-Compressor supply line 6 foot long with JIC fitting.
1-Cascade system which includes check valve, CGA bottle adaptors, cascade hoses and Tee fittings.
1-Distribution system -consists of 3 ft supply line , on/off valve line valve from cascade system, 5 port manifold block, gauge, 3 ft and 5 ft and 7 ft fill station line and a 3000 psi regulator.

I got that directly from paintballnetting.com.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:34 PM #8
hjay

Field size

I only have one field the size is 180x100 ft. I am planning on adding a small 3 man field also. Thank you all for the suggestions, please keep them coming.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:47 PM #9
drumnbassej1

Quote:
The compressor is an Alkin 5 cfm with 2- 4500 bulk tanks
1- fill station and set up to do Scuba tank fills
2- PUSH BUTTON FILL STATIONS that are maintenance free unlike the other guys where you have to oil the o-rings DAILY. These push button fill stations are the best on the market.
1-Compressor supply line 6 foot long with JIC fitting.
1-Cascade system which includes check valve, CGA bottle adaptors, cascade hoses and Tee fittings.
1-Distribution system -consists of 3 ft supply line , on/off valve line valve from cascade system, 5 port manifold block, gauge, 3 ft and 5 ft and 7 ft fill station line and a 3000 psi regulator.

I got that directly from paintballnetting.com.
I use the same alkin compressors, they are actually 3.5cfm and 5scfm.

180x100 for 1 3man? or a field 180x100 and a 3 man field?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:44 PM #10
PlayBoyz paintball

hmmm, it really depends on your current customer base, and how many new players you would be bringing in. you might find yourself upgrading to a stronger more powerful compressor in the next year or two if your customer base grows. they tend to hold there resale value well. but if you plan on staying small, then that might work out pretty good. if you want to run tournaments, your gonna need somthin stronger along the lines of a 7 or 9 cfm compressor to handle a decent size 3 man tournament. it all depends on your plans and future of your field.
Hurra's support #144
wErd!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:21 PM #11
hjay

Exclamation 3 man field

Thank you for all the input. I do plan on adding a 3 man field. With all your information I can make an informed decision. Thanks again everyone.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:27 AM #12
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayBoyz paintball
at least a 12 cfm?!???!!! good lord!!!! lol
I was not saying that he needed 12 cfm. I just said based on the price he was paying... it should be. I just bought a bauer 15 cfm with 650 total hours on it, with 4 7000 psi asm storage bottles for 6500. A few months ago, I bought 2 4500 bottles and 2 fillers, and a 10 cfm with under 100 hours for $4500. 2 years ago I bought a bauer 12 cfm with 2 of the 7000 asm bottles for $6000.

Over 6 grand for a 3 cfm and a few fittings fillers and bottles is pretty high in my opinion...

Old 05-11-2006, 06:48 AM #13
EZ Air

5 CFM is enough air for about 10 teams. 10 Cfm will do 20-25 teams. Hope this helps.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:38 AM #14
hjay

teams

What size of teams are you talking about? Also, where did you find your compressor package with 12cfm, bottles, etc. for that cheap?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:46 PM #15
cynikaleyes

the alkin are great compact compressors - i assume you are talking about the w33 model or something like that. it runs way cooler than the bauer we had. airetex is the only dealer in the USA - they are out of texas of course, close to me so problem could be solved easy. we have had no problems from the alkin unit. we bought the 4500psi compessr, 1 tank & fill station for just about $4,000.

hope that helps
Old 05-12-2006, 05:39 AM #16
GatSplat

Quote:
What size of teams are you talking about? Also, where did you find your compressor package with 12cfm, bottles, etc. for that cheap?

Since we are also in the scuba business, I know all the reps and manufacturers in that industry. Scuba shops are having a hard time.. many are closing... and fewer are opening... and that is actually making for a large number of used compressors coming available. I personally know of 8 shops that closed in Texas so far this year... so that's 8 systems... and dive shops typically have at least 10 cfm on up, with bank, manifolds, etc.

So I keep my ear to the ground, and just wait for deals. In my scuba shop we have the 12 cfm bauer, in the new indoor paintball field we are opening we will have the 15 cfm bauer, and I have the 10 cfm set as emergency air for either location. That one is small enough that 3 guys can toss it in the back of my truck, and take it to either location in case a compressor goes down.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:07 AM #17
PlayBoyz paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat
I was not saying that he needed 12 cfm. I just said based on the price he was paying... it should be. I just bought a bauer 15 cfm with 650 total hours on it, with 4 7000 psi asm storage bottles for 6500. A few months ago, I bought 2 4500 bottles and 2 fillers, and a 10 cfm with under 100 hours for $4500. 2 years ago I bought a bauer 12 cfm with 2 of the 7000 asm bottles for $6000.

Over 6 grand for a 3 cfm and a few fittings fillers and bottles is pretty high in my opinion...
Sorry, i must have misunderstood you. No harm meant!
Hurra's support #144
wErd!