Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-03-2006, 12:46 PM #1
SkElL~ObIsSiS
Pennsyltuckian Nerd

has been a member for 10 years
aliens at EMR this weekend

I had an opportunity to check out the markers at the alien booth at EMR this weekend, what is special about them beside having the selinoid mated to the ram? they had one that was "cut" in half to show the interior workings of the marker, from what i saw it looks like a spyder valve, the guy at the booth was also trying to sell something about the air comming out of just the bottom half of the bolt. These markers really worth the $600 price tag????

Thanks,
Tony
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2006, 02:42 PM #2
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
That "spyder looking valve" is what is special about this marker. besides the fact that they are some of the lightest, fastest guns out now, not to mention jack's amazing customer support, that valve is the Sweep (insert TM thingy here) valve. Coupled with the sweep bolt, which puts slight backspin (not nearly as much as a flatline does, so no crazy curves when not shot straight) the alien is claimed to have less of a circular trajectory and more of an oval shaped one. To put it simply, the backspin adds a bit of loft on the ball. Though many people don't believe it, shoot it. You'll see for yourself. I have seen it first hand.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-03-2006, 04:12 PM #3
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

they're worth more than the $600 price tag, and stock will outshoot most guns with up to $900 price tags

and the bolt with the air only coming out of the bottom half is the sweep bolt

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 05-03-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 AM #4
SkElL~ObIsSiS
Pennsyltuckian Nerd

now im kind of interested, they gave away two of these at the prize givaway, i didnt see anyone shooting one/playing with one however.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:43 PM #5
assassinationACI
ONCE GREAT, ALWAYS GREAT

assassinationACI is a Supporting Member
the sister team of XSV which is XS NRG uses Remains? or Interceptors? but they used alien markers. there is a few videos of them in the video forum of pbnation. try watching them. the guns are right under 2 lbs, and also the sweep bolt and valve are great.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:09 PM #6
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
rluna is playing at Living Legends V
rluna supports Sherwood Forest
XS NRG is now New York NRG - I don't think they're rolling with any Alien markers this year, but of course the NE Hurricanes and Extreme Extractors are.
My Worr Framed Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
Old 05-04-2006, 04:39 PM #7
treadstone

treadstone owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkElL~ObIsSiS
now im kind of interested, they gave away two of these at the prize givaway, i didnt see anyone shooting one/playing with one however.
Actually Jack and his son, Scott I think, were defending and his son was shooting the thing ungodly fast. At one point Jack offered his son's gun to me to try out during the game. I got to talk with the both of them for a few minutes later in the day and at one point even managed to get yelled at by the EMR refs for shooting the gun behind the paint trailer with Jack. After shooting one I can say that an Alien will be my next gun purchase, the only choice is Interceptor or Remains.