Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-29-2006, 10:54 PM #43
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang.1
i never said they didnt have talent(those asian guys they got are fast as hell) but as they are now they're not as good as many other pro caliber teams

why can they bash a company yet someone cant bash a team?
Well this is their forum. They aren't going into the Smart Parts forum and posting this. They are free to express how they feel about other companies, and most of the Legacy fans agree with their views. You are going in here and straight bashing them. If this was in another part of PBN you would have the right to do that. I don't put up with people bashing Legacy like you did.
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2006, 10:56 PM #44
ang.1

they're better than ultimate
Old 04-29-2006, 11:00 PM #45
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There better than a lot of teams. I mean 7 to 9 to Xsv who was ranked 2nd just behind dynsaty last year. I think that says something.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 04-29-2006, 11:04 PM #46
ang.1

i like legacy, dont get me wrong, just i can admit when my team isnt playing as hott as i'd like them to

just like the falcons were fawking terrible last year...

n i was rooting for legacy that game
Old 04-29-2006, 11:11 PM #47
GSLegacy

Quote:
i never said they didnt have talent(those asian guys they got are fast as hell) but as they are now they're not as good as many other pro caliber teams

why can they bash a company yet someone cant bash a team?
This news article is not and was not intended to bash any company.. This is a news article to explain some of the goings on regarding the NXL... It just so happens that the individuals in concern are connected to acompany or better are identified with a company.. The article is about the Gardners and Jerry Braun... It seems that many people see Gardners and only see Smart Parts...

I have not said anything derogatory about Smart Parts....Only about some of our partners in the NXL.

Gary
Old 04-29-2006, 11:12 PM #48
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sometimes it better to keep things better to yourself. Ever hear the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all?"

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 04-29-2006, 11:16 PM #49
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Quote:
i like legacy, dont get me wrong, just i can admit when my team isnt playing as hott as i'd like them to

just like the falcons were fawking terrible last year...

n i was rooting for legacy that game
You said that you were bashing them. If you liked them why would you "bash them?"
Example - "The Cubs didn't do so hot last year." - Could be a Cubs fan
"The Cubs were the worst team in the MLB last year." - Probably not a Cubs fan
Its your opinion though so I'm not going to argue with you but I didn't interperate it as though you're a fan.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:44 PM #50
baver10

Quote:
hmm, i dont think my shockers ever bent while ive played... the anno looks great still and their customer service took care of me no questions asked

by the way legacy sucks compared to the other pro teams

Legacy is an amazing bunch of players, they have basically a brand new built team right now, and soon they will be right up at the top. They already showed XSV that they can run the game right to the end, and that's the first event with the team setup how it is.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:52 PM #51
Bunkeredyourmom
cocaine isa powerful drug

Quote:
I usually try and stay away from these type of politics but I feel like I have to interject here on a couple of things. First off I know that this will sound like I'm defending my sponsor but this isn't the case at all. I'm looking at this in a business perspective as well.

The truth of the matter is, ALL the NXL team owners and companies were given an equal opportunity for the ESPN deal. But the other NXL teams wanted the Gardners to flip the entire ESPN bill AGAIN and "promised" to pay SP back "IF" this ESPN tv deal works and succeeds. That's like me going into a business partnership with someone, have him invest all the money and me pay them back "IF" the business succeeds and makes money. Now why would he not just go into business himself if he's going to have to front all the money anyways, right? The truth of the matter is, NXL still owes Adam and Billy $800,000. The Gardner brothers didn't even expect to get this money back before the ESPN deal. All they wanted was for everyone else to split the new cost evenly and everyone would get equal commercial times, air-time, etc.... NXL and team owners declined.... they didn't wanna pay. So this would mean no TV deal. Up until SP stepped up once again, fronted all the money so we can get the TV deal up and running. After all this is what we all wanted right? More paintball exposure on TV? So why is everyone jocking SP for wanting to get paintball more exposure? Yes, they are the major sponsor now but don't they deserve it for investing money when nobody else would?

The NXL isn't breaking up. We are still part of the NXL and it will continue on just like normal. This ESPN deal is only a one time event which will air a certain number of episodes. Just like how the NPPL is airing different episodes on ESPN 2 from their Miami event. The NPPL show has been very positive and alot more people now know about the new era of paintball (we're not in the woods anymore). Hopefully this one will help us grow even more.
This was pulled from http://www.flagstation.com/forum/ind...howtopic=53885 and was written by Richard Garcia.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:27 AM #52
ang.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLegacy
This news article is not and was not intended to bash any company.. This is a news article to explain some of the goings on regarding the NXL... It just so happens that the individuals in concern are connected to acompany or better are identified with a company.. The article is about the Gardners and Jerry Braun... It seems that many people see Gardners and only see Smart Parts...

I have not said anything derogatory about Smart Parts....Only about some of our partners in the NXL.

Gary
wasnt talking abotu yur post, it was directed towards the other peoples opinions, and yes this is my opinion as well

if u want me to quote some bashing i can
Old 04-30-2006, 12:34 AM #53
GSLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkeredyourmom
This was pulled from http://www.flagstation.com/forum/ind...howtopic=53885 and was written by Richard Garcia.
Richard your my buddy but this is not quite true...The issue is the 30 days and the creation of the MGB group taking Dick Clarks position. We wanted to be free from this.. We never ever asked the Gardners to front any money....We felt that the TV people should front the money with a contract or some performance clause.. Afterall we had been down this road before, correct?

The league does owe the Gardners $800,000.00 and this is taken care of in an agreement that is taken care of in a seperate agreement.. They are to receive 12% of certain income.. This is 12% as opposed to a lump sum of $800,000.00 plus an additional $800,000.00.. This is a point of disagreement because we think this money can be evenly spread amongst the league, Teams and players instead of it all going to Billy & Adam in a lump sum..Then they added Jerry and their new partner for an additional $500,000.00 We want to get their money back and is why we agreed to pay them back in a 12% arrangement.. Heck Richard we all want to get our money back! Even my wife wants the money back! You all can relate to this can't you.. Try and explain to your wife these kinds of issues and you have hundereds of thousands out their without any guarantee..The lump sum would just hurt the league and besides it would be a PR disaster when the Teams & Player found out that they took the money first. At least I think so.

What you were told is almost correct but has just a little spin on it...Why were we asked to sign a contract and the other teams that were subsequently invited were not? Why would a partner in an endeavor go around their partners and possibly place them in a position that we as a majority voted against...

We do agree that TV can only help the industry but the ramifications that might result from an NXL involvement prior to the June deadline would just hurt the league.. You cannot go and negotiate a new deal with a new party and have this old prior agreement hanging over your head for a lifetime! which is absolutely true.

Gary

Last edited by GSLegacy : 04-30-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:41 AM #54
RichardG214

RichardG214 is a Professional paintball player
Like I said, I try to stay away from these type of politics. I know that there are 2 sides to a story and I'm sure both parties have their own valid points. I hope you guys can work everything out. Good luck.

Much love Gary and good job in Vegas... Legacy is looking stronger and stronger. See you in Chicago.

[Feedback]

Richard Garcia
MILITIA 4 Life!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:46 AM #55
GSLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG214
Like I said, I try to stay away from these type of politics. I know that there are 2 sides to a story and I'm sure both parties have their own valid points. I hope you guys can work everything out. Good luck.

Much love Gary and good job in Vegas... Legacy is looking stronger and stronger. See you in Chicago.
Thanks! I will see ya in Chicago..

Gary
Old 04-30-2006, 06:17 PM #56
uber_spork (Banned)

sounds interesting
Old 05-03-2006, 11:43 AM #57
getdown

Man wtf! guess someone wants big $ !!