PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-21-2006, 06:37 AM #22
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

customer support for icd has taken an turnaround. i sent my fs7 in two weeks ago, and got it back last week. my brother sent his ceptor in two days after i sent my fs7 in, and still has yet to see his gun. the gun might have a complicated problem, or jack might have a fair amount of guns to work on right now. idk. i can only speak from the consumer's viewpiont on this one. got my gun back faster, and it shoots great.

as far as i have seen, other than this last issue which was my fault, fs7's are just as reliable as the best i have delt with, reliablity wise, and more reliable than the rest. they only have problems if they were a select few in a bad batch, or the user is an idiot and screws it up.

fs8's are lighter than fs7's, they have a lower operating pressure, they operate much more smoothly and have much better efficiency stock.

right now im debating between the remains, the fs8, and the quest. once i have shot remians and the fs8 ill come to my conclusion. i shot the quest and almost wanted to buy it then and there, but reason told me try the other two before jumping to a conclusion.

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 04-21-2006 at 06:44 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2006, 11:58 AM #23
ikey

has been a member for 10 years
TheDRulesAll PM me if you shoot an FS8. i am pretty much in the same situation you are in. i cant decide between a cepter and a FS8. i probably wont have the oprotunity to shoot either. Most people in Maryland know nothing of aliens, and the area around me doesnt really like freestyles. in fact ive never seen a freestyle either for that reason. im pretty much going off my research, price, and expectations.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:29 PM #24
dirty907
Say my name!

dirty907 is a Supporting Member
i had a fs7, and currently own a alien... i dont normally like frames other than 45... but the aliens feel really good. it is a very reliable gun... i usually wont take a gun out of the box and go play with it, but i did and it shot great... i had the fs7 conversely, it did not shoot well for me once. actually i take that back. i got 1 good string of paint out of it... then it wouldn't shoot anymore.
i originally had the bad manifold, they were cool enough to send me a new one... installed that got my one good string... and that was it... had the gun for a month and a half... got to shoot it once. spent upwards of 40 hours tinkering with it... now the standard fereestyles rock... had 2 never any issues. i do not have any experience with customer service. at all.
as far as kick goes, i shoot an ego as my other gun currently... alien? kick? i cant feel any kick... lol. accuracy? i used a ccm carbon kit on a fs7, proto matrix, ego, viking, and alien. the best of the bunch for me was the proto, next was the viking, alien, fs7, ego coming in at dead last. i didn't do a full test this is just a overall feel for accuracy.. as far as the feel (for me) the alien is the win hands down over the fs7. the only gun i like better for feel is my ego... not really sure why...so, i never proved anything with this ramble... go for any gun you like. i just choose a alien over a fs7 is all... lol.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:30 PM #25
RuffNexBonzai

Hey guys, I'm deciding on an FS8 vs Remains, so let me know when you've done some tests!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:00 AM #26
asianman831

i've held and shot both the FS8 and the remains. both are very nice looking guns. even though the remains has aluminum grips it still feels very good. the remains is way way lighter. its fast...accurite...and looks nice. same with the FS8...nice look...fast...accurite...and a decent weight. honestly i like both guns. i wouldnt mind owning both. its up to you. try to hold and shot both guns.