PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM #1
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
setting reg without gauge

hello all, recently i purchased an ion reg for my impulse, there is no gauge on the imp and i need to set up the reg when it gets here. i was wondering which way bottoms out the reg to 0 psi (looking at it from the bottom) and approximately how much turning it takes to get the reg to around 160-180 psi

thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2006, 12:21 PM #2
Matorian

You turn it to the Left I believe. Dont 100% quote me. Just keep going for a while it may stop i donno i never had a stock reg. But turn it out quite far. then air it then bring it up slowly and shoot kinda of often better to do it over a chrono for the correct fps.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 PM #3
mustangman386

Reg adjust

Counter clockwise from the bottom view. To set it up for your impulse, just go through whatever steps you take to set up any reg on an impulse, not sure how to go about as I dont own one, but just make the adjustments and set it up right.

Team F5-www.TornadoAlleyPaintball.com
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 PM #4
outkast kid

so counter-clockwise from the bottom to decrease pressure?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 PM #5
outkast kid

29 people have looked at this thread and only 2 have replied, uv all had the stock reg at one point or another, just need a simple answer here
Old 04-19-2006, 04:13 PM #6
ownage312
Hi There!

I dunno about Ion regs but, just turn it so that (i persume) the screw is out a bit, and then start turning it so that it goes in when your gun is powered up, when turning it up you should chrono it until desired fps,Once reached then your reg is set
Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM #7
ZDS
Not ynda/zdspb

(taken from zdspb.com)

There ya go.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:07 PM #8
snotshooter
Moose Gore

Kick down the $20 and get a gauge. You wont be sorry. To adjust the reg to zero looking from the bottom (marker upside down) turn the bolt CCW (counter clockwise) till it stops. You are at zero. There is no set number of turns to get to a specific PSI. The gauge is imprortant here. BUT if you must...adjust your psi over a crono turn up the reg a little shoot 5-7 times over crono. Adjust shoot 5-7 times and so on until you get to your desired fps. Dont try to be froogle here shoot the 5-7 so your reg will adjust to the new setting. Use caution over psi will damage internal parts and you will look at the $20 you saved by not buying a gauge as cheap.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:42 PM #9
outkast kid

ya, thanks ppl, i asked where my dwell should be in the imp section and ive got that set, so now ive just gotta gradually increase pressure so im getting the average range for my fps, im looking for a gauge and prv as well