Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-06-2006, 02:37 PM #1
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Cleaning XL Turf

Hey we just received some of the xl field turf only problem is it is heavly used. does any one have any tips or tricks for cleaning this stuff we have been using a power washer to get most of the paint and shell out. thanks for the help.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2006, 02:42 PM #2
pr1morida
doe boy fresh.

has been a member for 10 years
yes powerwashing is problably the best thing to do. it will take almost a week to dry if it is already set in place. you should powerwash it monthly. and clean it with blowers and shovels after everyday of play. easy enough hope this helps
Old 03-06-2006, 02:56 PM #3
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

I forgot to mention once we are done washing it we will be using reballs. so the goal of the first washing is to do it once the right way so it is clean forever.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:30 PM #4
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent

DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've never cleaned anything like that, but my first thought was the carwash. You know those drive through washes where you pull up, put in your coins then wash your car yourself? If transporting your turf is reasonable it seems like you could drag it to one of those places, lay it out and use those power scrubber things to blast it. Just an idea!

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback

Last edited by DevilMayCare : 03-06-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:03 PM #5
pr1morida
doe boy fresh.

yea u could do that..but if u already have it at the location just power wash it. its the same thing. for reball use? just walk every foot of it with the power washer. it will be very clean and slick..let it dry for a week hope that helps..thats all i can think of
Old 03-06-2006, 09:41 PM #6
cdionne (Banned)
Born to Play Paintball!

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in a machine that is made to pickup paintballs out of astro turf. The machine would be capable of holding 4000rnds before having to dump. This machine would be strictly for picking up paintballs with one person operating the machine. If you are interested please email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com for up to date information. We are currently testing the prototype and would like to see what the response is from field owners.
If you have astro turf currently and use a machine to clean the field I would like to know if you are 100% satisfied with your machine or what improvements you would like to see to help it pick up the paintballs. I may have your solution.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:50 PM #7
Six Feet Under (Banned)
I heart PbNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdionne
I would like to know if anyone would be interested in a machine that is made to pickup paintballs out of astro turf. The machine would be capable of holding 4000rnds before having to dump. This machine would be strictly for picking up paintballs with one person operating the machine. If you are interested please email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com for up to date information. We are currently testing the prototype and would like to see what the response is from field owners.
If you have astro turf currently and use a machine to clean the field I would like to know if you are 100% satisfied with your machine or what improvements you would like to see to help it pick up the paintballs. I may have your solution.
That's kinda dumb for one use.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:32 AM #8
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP

I would also use some sort of soap to get all the oils out of the turf. Look for a degreaser of some sort.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 AM #9
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

well what we have come up with is power washing the 8800 sq/ft then laying it all out and then we are getting a giant ride along carpet extractor to degrease and suck as much water as possible. I will get some pics up in a bit
Old 03-09-2006, 08:01 AM #10
cdionne (Banned)
Born to Play Paintball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Feet Under
That's kinda dumb for one use.
Hummm.... Good comment.... However this is a brand new concept is only a benchmark in our thoughts. I believe that once I get one issue resolved and it is profitable that the sky is the limit. My ulitmate goal is to manufacture a machine that suits all your indoor paintball field needs (pickup and clean). This machine is currently being engineered while we are working with our prototype to pick up the paintballs.

"The Ref" is designed to pickup paintballs in between games or at the end of the day to take 2-3 hours to clean a 13,000sq/ft field.

Any interest in picking up paintballs made easy please leave me a private message or email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com
Old 03-09-2006, 08:30 AM #11
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

Quote:
Hummm.... Good comment.... However this is a brand new concept is only a benchmark in our thoughts. I believe that once I get one issue resolved and it is profitable that the sky is the limit. My ulitmate goal is to manufacture a machine that suits all your indoor paintball field needs (pickup and clean). This machine is currently being engineered while we are working with our prototype to pick up the paintballs.

"The Ref" is designed to pickup paintballs in between games or at the end of the day to take 2-3 hours to clean a 13,000sq/ft field.

Any interest in picking up paintballs made easy please leave me a private message or email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com
in the current state of the industry do you think there are enough indoor fields to make this development profitable. or will there be other uses outside of paintball?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 AM #12
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
Hey guy, you're posting EVERYWHERE. It's bordering on SPAM.

How is your prototype better than a shopvac, or a carpet extractor? << But start a new thread to discuss your product!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:27 AM #13
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
Hey guy, you're posting EVERYWHERE. It's bordering on SPAM.

How is your prototype better than a shopvac, or a carpet extractor? << But start a new thread to discuss your product!
even though it is a shameless plug it applies to what i am looking for. any new technology or tips to make the job easier. i hope his system helps someone that is cleaning the turf.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:22 PM #14
Lunch__Box89
One among the fence

zamboni ftw!