Cleaning XL Turf - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-06-2006, 02:37 PM #1
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS
 
crapppyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 630
crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Cleaning XL Turf

Hey we just received some of the xl field turf only problem is it is heavly used. does any one have any tips or tricks for cleaning this stuff we have been using a power washer to get most of the paint and shell out. thanks for the help.
__________________
WWW.WOWGEEKS.NET
crapppyballer is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2006, 02:42 PM #2
pr1morida
doe boy fresh.
 
pr1morida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: palos verdes
 has been a member for 10 years
yes powerwashing is problably the best thing to do. it will take almost a week to dry if it is already set in place. you should powerwash it monthly. and clean it with blowers and shovels after everyday of play. easy enough hope this helps
__________________
pr1morida is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 02:56 PM #3
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS
 
crapppyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 630
crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
I forgot to mention once we are done washing it we will be using reballs. so the goal of the first washing is to do it once the right way so it is clean forever.
__________________
WWW.WOWGEEKS.NET
crapppyballer is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 03:30 PM #4
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent
 
DevilMayCare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've never cleaned anything like that, but my first thought was the carwash. You know those drive through washes where you pull up, put in your coins then wash your car yourself? If transporting your turf is reasonable it seems like you could drag it to one of those places, lay it out and use those power scrubber things to blast it. Just an idea!
__________________
"Maybe they'll beat some English into you." -zoink

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback

Last edited by DevilMayCare : 03-06-2006 at 03:32 PM.
DevilMayCare is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 08:03 PM #5
pr1morida
doe boy fresh.
 
pr1morida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: palos verdes
 has been a member for 10 years
yea u could do that..but if u already have it at the location just power wash it. its the same thing. for reball use? just walk every foot of it with the power washer. it will be very clean and slick..let it dry for a week hope that helps..thats all i can think of
__________________
pr1morida is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 09:41 PM #6
cdionne (Banned)
Born to Play Paintball!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pinellas County Florida
I would like to know if anyone would be interested in a machine that is made to pickup paintballs out of astro turf. The machine would be capable of holding 4000rnds before having to dump. This machine would be strictly for picking up paintballs with one person operating the machine. If you are interested please email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com for up to date information. We are currently testing the prototype and would like to see what the response is from field owners.
If you have astro turf currently and use a machine to clean the field I would like to know if you are 100% satisfied with your machine or what improvements you would like to see to help it pick up the paintballs. I may have your solution.
cdionne is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 09:50 PM #7
Six Feet Under (Banned)
I heart PbNation
 
Six Feet Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Florida
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdionne
I would like to know if anyone would be interested in a machine that is made to pickup paintballs out of astro turf. The machine would be capable of holding 4000rnds before having to dump. This machine would be strictly for picking up paintballs with one person operating the machine. If you are interested please email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com for up to date information. We are currently testing the prototype and would like to see what the response is from field owners.
If you have astro turf currently and use a machine to clean the field I would like to know if you are 100% satisfied with your machine or what improvements you would like to see to help it pick up the paintballs. I may have your solution.
That's kinda dumb for one use.
Six Feet Under is offline  
Old 03-07-2006, 01:32 AM #8
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP
 
Patleeman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
 has been a member for 10 years
I would also use some sort of soap to get all the oils out of the turf. Look for a degreaser of some sort.
Patleeman2 is offline  
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 AM #9
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS
 
crapppyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 630
crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
well what we have come up with is power washing the 8800 sq/ft then laying it all out and then we are getting a giant ride along carpet extractor to degrease and suck as much water as possible. I will get some pics up in a bit
__________________
WWW.WOWGEEKS.NET
crapppyballer is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 08:01 AM #10
cdionne (Banned)
Born to Play Paintball!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pinellas County Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Feet Under
That's kinda dumb for one use.
Hummm.... Good comment.... However this is a brand new concept is only a benchmark in our thoughts. I believe that once I get one issue resolved and it is profitable that the sky is the limit. My ulitmate goal is to manufacture a machine that suits all your indoor paintball field needs (pickup and clean). This machine is currently being engineered while we are working with our prototype to pick up the paintballs.

"The Ref" is designed to pickup paintballs in between games or at the end of the day to take 2-3 hours to clean a 13,000sq/ft field.

Any interest in picking up paintballs made easy please leave me a private message or email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com
cdionne is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 08:30 AM #11
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS
 
crapppyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 630
crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdionne
Hummm.... Good comment.... However this is a brand new concept is only a benchmark in our thoughts. I believe that once I get one issue resolved and it is profitable that the sky is the limit. My ulitmate goal is to manufacture a machine that suits all your indoor paintball field needs (pickup and clean). This machine is currently being engineered while we are working with our prototype to pick up the paintballs.

"The Ref" is designed to pickup paintballs in between games or at the end of the day to take 2-3 hours to clean a 13,000sq/ft field.

Any interest in picking up paintballs made easy please leave me a private message or email me at cdionne@floridapaintballers.com
in the current state of the industry do you think there are enough indoor fields to make this development profitable. or will there be other uses outside of paintball?
__________________
WWW.WOWGEEKS.NET
crapppyballer is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 AM #12
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdionne
...
Hey guy, you're posting EVERYWHERE. It's bordering on SPAM.

How is your prototype better than a shopvac, or a carpet extractor? << But start a new thread to discuss your product!
SlartyBartFast is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 10:27 AM #13
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS
 
crapppyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 630
crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
Hey guy, you're posting EVERYWHERE. It's bordering on SPAM.

How is your prototype better than a shopvac, or a carpet extractor? << But start a new thread to discuss your product!
even though it is a shameless plug it applies to what i am looking for. any new technology or tips to make the job easier. i hope his system helps someone that is cleaning the turf.
__________________
WWW.WOWGEEKS.NET
crapppyballer is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 09:22 PM #14
Lunch__Box89
One among the fence
 
Lunch__Box89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canadia ville
 has been a member for 10 years
zamboni ftw!
Lunch__Box89 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump