PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM #1
Ziminator
LORD WRATHIAN

High School Paintball

HEy im 16 , and i was wondering what i will have to do to start a paintball team at my school .I stilol need to contact some friends at other schools about it so they can tal kto there administrators . Has anybody ever done this before ? If you have please tell me what i need to do
thanks, any suggestions will help

Black Diablo Wrath
'06 Smart Parts S-Rail and On/Off Valve
Macro Line Kit
Smoke Halo B W/ Rip Drive
CrossFire 70/4500 Compressed Air Tank
Diablo 70 ci Tank Cover / Dye 70 ci Tank Cover
Ziminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2005, 04:08 PM #2
1865 (Banned)

Search is your friend. There are quite a few threads on starting a club team at the HS or college level. Check around and you should be able to find some resources.
1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:12 AM #3
yd rules
KILLA WITH A MATRIX

Well I tried starting just a paintball club at my school and it went fine for 7 meetings and then the head superintendant of the district said no because of liability when all we did was talk about paintball and watch movies like roadkill, so i would not try to start a team because that would require to much liability and if some kid got hurt even if its his fault he could still try to sue the school for letting him do it.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:33 PM #4
mcfartchub
Formally known as "Paz"

Hey I live in michigan and I started a paintball team. Remember that paintball MARKERS are just that, markers, not guns. Also make it clear to them how safe it is to play. Show them the list of people hurt on the football field and then show them the list of all of the people in general hurt in paintball in 2005. I promis they wont have an argument after seeing that. gl though Pm me if you have any questions.
"To them it's a hobby, to me it's life." -Athiest Baller #21
"Games are made of players, teams are made of brothers." -?!?
mcfartchub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:25 PM #5
xXinpayneXx
MW

i asked if i could have a pb team, i was pretty much ***** slaped, and said we will never have paintball at this school.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:59 AM #6
acburn22

has been a member for 10 years
Show him how much paintball is growing and how big its getting in the college level. Another thing you can do is just get other schools to come out and play against you. You dont have to have jersies with the schools name on them. Other guy/girls will know that those guys go to X High School. That is what happened out in Northern Illinois around Chicago. Most schools said no but the guys just went and played. I believe its up to 10 schools and they play tournaments once a month. It's all out of the guys own pockets but what can they do they made it happen. If you thought that asking the school to have a team that you would get money to play. I have to say that out at NIU we only get entries payed for. No travel, hotel or paint money. So you dont get the school to reconize you. That shouldn't stop you from playing paintball
acburn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 PM #7
ArizonaPaintball
Azpb

Hey, I think that high school paintball is a really cool idea. I am asking that all High school students sign this petition. I am trying to get this to work. I have been bugging my district for about a week now.

http://www.petitiononline.com/HSPB/petition.html

Please guys we can do this
ArizonaPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 AM #8
Hondaguy1996
Ouch that hurt

I think I have seen a thread like this, and I said it wouldn't work out...even though It would be a great idea.

However, I did see in Action Pursuit Games an article about this. Check it out, had some great points and ideas on how to incorporate paintball into a high school club.
Hondaguy1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:39 AM #9
matrix_man (Banned)

sign the highschool paintball petition in my sig
matrix_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:55 AM #10
Scottydoo (Banned)

I started a paintball club at , my school, i found the trick was to sound very official in front of the prinicipal and write like a big essay about the importances of freedom of expression,
and another thing is like said before, ALWAYS call it a marker;
because school staff board, when they hear the word "gun" they freak
Scottydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 PM #11
JGB (Banned)

yea we got that dam Jap game where u step on the ground as an actually thing we have to do in gym so im gonna start a club and then see if i can get it put into gym class
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:23 PM #12
RHITDSP
Try to figure us out

Ok the biggest problem I had starting a club in highschool was safety and the idea that paintball is a war game of somesort. We all know this isnt true but administrators dont believe what we say anyway. I am in college now and our club / team is fully funded but if anyone is interested I wrote a paper that is fully cited from sources about paintball that talkes about its safety, what qualities it offers, and everything else you might need to overcome administration. you can get the peper here http://www.pythonpaintball.com/Paint...ch%20Paper.pdf

Let me know if this help and if there is anything else I can do to help

05 Angel Speed and 03 Shocker
Python Paintball

"Information is in the supporting details not the claims"
RHITDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 AM #13
killthosehaters
I'm Trendy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx
i asked if i could have a pb team, i was pretty much ***** slaped, and said we will never have paintball at this school.
haha....owned.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 PM #14
paintball_601
Black and Blue Promaster

me and my friends tried, but the best we got was permission to use the school name

Shocktech Superfly Spyder shortbolt, black delrin, 30$ shipped

If you are a Christian Baller, put this in your sig..
*Christian Ballers Club*
*Official Promaster Owners Club*
paintball_601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:10 PM #15
paintballkid448
That other snake kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHITDSP
Ok the biggest problem I had starting a club in highschool was safety and the idea that paintball is a war game of somesort. We all know this isnt true but administrators dont believe what we say anyway. I am in college now and our club / team is fully funded but if anyone is interested I wrote a paper that is fully cited from sources about paintball that talkes about its safety, what qualities it offers, and everything else you might need to overcome administration. you can get the peper here http://www.pythonpaintball.com/Paint...ch%20Paper.pdf

Let me know if this help and if there is anything else I can do to help

ya that didnt open right try saving it as a folder

http://icdpaintball.com

Soon to come Alien Interceptor
paintballkid448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:58 PM #16
junkies

start it out as a club. i begged my school but they said no so just start it out as a club and run a team through that and try to win or place good in tournaments and try again. also i talked to guy that plays pb in college and he gets no money from the school and they have to run it as a club with no money for the school. im going to try this im going to have a bucket a tournament i go to and have peolpe donate money to the school and maybe that will help.
NE hurricanes fan #6
Italian ballas club #41
CK Mafia #135
Ryan Greenspan fan club #3

SP Ion,trinity bolt, trinty roller triger, t-board, j&j barrel, cp reg, cp on/off, SP rail
junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 AM #17
#1 Newb (Banned)

yea i tried this in may... i basically got a list of HS teams that thought they could play from regional forum and sent them to two local fields one field didnt have room to schedule the tourney and the other said it wouldnt work. maybe try to hold a tourney where HS teams play and have local administration from schools come and check it out so they see its actually a "safe" sport not a bunch of terrorists pretending to kill one another
#1 Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:07 PM #18
Foxofstone

I wonder how many people actually want to legitimize the game and not, you know, just want to get free paint at the expense of someone else but still attempting to claim the high moral ground.

Bedford Handbook for all paintball players.
Foxofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 PM #19
OMGitsSpags

This isn't a (dodgy) comment, but has anyone tried showing them this forum???
It surprisingly might help, considering we have sections for safety and legalities.
Just LMK because I think I may be onto something.
OMGitsSpags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:39 AM #20
Roho

Roho is a Professional paintball player
wasatch academy in utah has its own paintball team i beleive they get some school funding also they were featured on paintball.com a little bit ago check em out
Roho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:05 PM #21
Teege
Assassin

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1723293
Tell me what you think. It seems safer.
Teege is offline   Reply With Quote