PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 AM #22
Peter S Frentzen
Redz Infamy

Here in the states it is as follows:
1. 12 foot high required, 20 foot recommended.
2. Must meet ASTM guidelines, "stand 15 feet from netting and shoot 10 shots in a 4 inch circle at 300fps. No part of the paintball shell may pass through larger than 3 by 5 mm rectangle.
3. Bunkers must be a minimum of 15 feet from neeting and specators must be kept 5 feet away from netting at all times, tell that to parents trying to watch their kids in a tourney.

I bet you are sorry you asked now. Amazing that the netting must withstand a fps setting that is higher than allowed under the policy.

AS I say , this is the requirement here in the US, yours may be different, hope this helps
Pete Frentzen
Community Insurance Manager
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2006, 12:24 PM #23
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter S Frentzen
I bet you are sorry you asked now.
Nope. Just very happy you responded. Thanks.

Quote:
Amazing that the netting must withstand a fps setting that is higher than allowed under the policy.
It's exactly what I expected. Actually, I would have thought the requirement would be shooting from closer at an even higher velocity. It's all about safety factor.

For example: You want a bridge to be able to comfortably carry a vehicle that is much heavier than the largest permitted. Don't you?

Well, I have an in-law who's got contacts with a netting manufacturer. I'll have to grab some samples to test.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:28 PM #24
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
specators must be kept 5 feet away from netting at all times, tell that to parents trying to watch their kids in a tourney.
Easily accomplished. All you need is posts and rope:
http://www.zarebasystems.com/products/posts_stepin.aspx
or
http://www.reliablegolf.com/fencing.html

or a million other suppliers or DIY.

No outdoor installation should be without clearly defined and roped off spectator and staging areas.

Last edited by SlartyBartFast : 03-02-2006 at 12:31 PM.