PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-12-2006, 05:24 PM #1
moo_moo_face

06 interceptor/remains vs. 06 borg

im assuming these are allowed since theres one for a shocker.
well i asked this in the macdev forum and basicly was told that thier bothtop of the line, but that the borg was a bit better(a little biased of couse)
so i want you guys oppinions.
ill just say what ive already read on them
borg= better effeciency, and board
alien=smaller
well let me know what you guys think.
i realize itll be kinda biased, but please try not to be too biased if possible.
thanks

o yea if this isnt allowed, just let me know and ill delete it, or close it or whatever
silver inver mini #001266
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post21989856
^^^^feedback^^^^

spread the word on mayonaise nationwide
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2006, 06:01 PM #2
atlas
RcR

well, if and when the lucky valve comes out for aliens , the remains will have 0 kick and amazing efficientcy

N.E. canes suporter #130

RcR
Old 02-12-2006, 06:21 PM #3
bunkerd103
Reefers

Well, i can speak on both the 06 Cyborg and an 05 Alien Interceptor. The main reasons to shoot an 06 Borg over the alien came down to two things, efficency and reliability. Dont get me wrong, 1400~ shots off of a 68/4500 from any gun is pretty efficent. With the Borg, you get close to 2000 from the same tank.
The 05 Interceptor has some small kinks that needed to be worked out (ex. LPR creep, board shorting, leaking valves and a few other things). This is to be expected with a new marker and especially when there are only about 200 of them around. Now for 06, I believe that Alien will have all of these small problems out of the way and the 06 lineup for Alien will be very reliable. Cyborgs are already reliable and the 06 is super reliable and probably the easiest gun to maintain. No internal hoses make it easy to put the gun back together because you dont have to worry about pinching hoses. Also the internals are very straight forward when you have the gun apart, there is a very obvious way that the parts fit together. Now Alien being new guns take some time to get used to when dissasembling but overall they arent that bad.
Final thought, seems to me that it comes down to money and what you really want. Right now i feel that the markers you have stated are the best on the market. The 06 Aliens should be great markers and the 06 Borg is an excellent gun already. Both companies are great with nice, helpful staff and they are great with their customers.
building block of the universe. - Frank Zappa

Old 02-12-2006, 07:35 PM #4
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Bunkered pretty much summed it up for you. One thing to keep in mind is that, due to the Cyborg's effeciency, you can easily use a 45/45 tank with it, potentially making the overall setup lighter than a Remains setup with a 68. However, both markers are just about as good as they get, and its probably just a matter of preference. I personally think that cyborgs are ugly, and the Remians isn't bad.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:04 PM #5
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

both good guns, but the 85 frame sells it for me. just cant beat the feel. but, borg efficiency is also real nice. its all preferance between these two.

KillWithGrace
Old 02-12-2006, 08:17 PM #6
moo_moo_face

does anyone have pice of the remains with the 85 frame?
cus i think it with the 45 is ugly. its all jice and flowing looking, then that frame looks like they just stuck a brick on it to me.
id most likely get an 06 interceptor, because of the price gap, and the fact that as of yet, i am jobless.

i noticed there are alot less broken gun threads, is that due to less/easier mantince, or just smarter folks.
whats the diffrence in the remains and interceptor? from what i can trell, its just better reg stuff, and milling. doesnt seem worth it to me.

also i have a 70/45 tank, and im not gonna buy a new tank yet.
how much does the interceptor weigh and the remains?
thanks
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 02-12-2006, 09:32 PM #7
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
remains has a larger air chamber and no front block...
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 02-13-2006, 06:45 AM #8
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

some photoshops rluna did, so the 85 frame might look something like the one on the lower right when on the remains

interceptor should be around 2.5 lbs stock and the remains should be around 2lbs even

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas
well, if and when the lucky valve comes out for aliens , the remains will have 0 kick and amazing efficientcy
lucky valves are already out for borgs according to lucky-paintball.com

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 02-13-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM #9
moo_moo_face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDRulesAll

some photoshops rluna did, so the 85 frame might look something like the one on the lower right when on the remains

interceptor should be around 2.5 lbs stock and the remains should be around 2lbs even

lucky valves are already out for borgs according to lucky-paintball.com
they are, but smoke tested one, and said its not worth it.(thats the last i read anyway, maybe he changed his mind idk)
but wow thats alot heavier than i thought for the interceptor.
it looks really small in those pics.
also i read in the 05 vs 06 that the 06 is less mantinece than the 05, but what about the remains? more like the 05 or 06 mantince wise?
thanks
o yea thanks for the pics too. looks prety good
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 02-13-2006, 04:24 PM #10
bunkerd103
Reefers

I dont think that the 05 is easier to maintain than the 06. I'm pretty sure that the main overall change was adding a small amount more material to make it tougher i believe. I'm sure the Remains maintaince cant be that much different from the Interceptors. Oh yeah and the Interceptor isnt heavy at all. Yeah is about as small as a freestyle, if not a bit smaller.
building block of the universe. - Frank Zappa

Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 PM #11
moo_moo_face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerd103
I dont think that the 05 is easier to maintain than the 06. I'm pretty sure that the main overall change was adding a small amount more material to make it tougher i believe. I'm sure the Remains maintaince cant be that much different from the Interceptors. Oh yeah and the Interceptor isnt heavy at all. Yeah is about as small as a freestyle, if not a bit smaller.
i mean the 06 is easier not the 05. jack rice said so in a psot in the thread about 05 vs. 06. but yea they added the extra whatever also.
it says 2.5 pounds. arent freestyles and egos and such like about 2 pounds flat? or is that not including the barrel and whatnot?

o yea hows the reg on the 06, compaired to the cp?
and does it come with an on/off or will i have to buy my own?

thanks
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Last edited by moo_moo_face : 02-13-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:21 PM #12
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo_moo_face
it says 2.5 pounds. arent freestyles and egos and such like about 2 pounds flat? or is that not including the barrel and whatnot?

no, or maybe its without the barrel, reg and asa. i own a freestyle, and my interceptor is noticably lighter, and when holding an ego and and an interceptor, they feel identical in weight.

the remains, however, should be real close to 2 flat...

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 02-13-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:26 PM #13
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerd103
Yeah is about as small as a freestyle, if not a bit smaller.
Just measured my Interceptor and my 05 Freestyle. The Interceptor is 1/4 inch longer and 1/4 taller. I don't have an accurate weight scale so I can't give a true comparison but any weight difference is negligable. Jack was right on when he said that companies tend to fudge on weight claims.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM #14
moo_moo_face

ok thats cool. what about mantince?
i know on my borg, its basicly just remove ram, lube, replace ram. done
then l;ube the regs every now and then.
hows the mantince on these?
and are these one of those guns where if i forget to lube it after practice, once or twice, itll die on me or will it actully be cool and not go crap itself?

thanks
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM #15
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Most companies give their guns' weights without a barrel, bottomline, reg, and sometimes even without internals. Lets just say that 2.0 lbs is incredibly light for a marker, including reg and barrel (but not bottomline).
Old 02-13-2006, 06:29 PM #16
moo_moo_face

do any of you knwo what a dm6 weighs with barrel, reg ect?
that would help if i had somthing better to compair it to, because my freind has a dm6 and i rarely see egos
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 02-13-2006, 06:36 PM #17
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Weigh his dm6. I've used them and my 05 is noticeably lighter, although its purely preference and price.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM #18
moo_moo_face

i would, but i dont have an accurate scale. the closest thing ive got is one of those ones you step on and the little needle points to the weight, and it goes by increments of 5.
but if the alien is lighter than WOW!!!!! thats light as...uhhh... somthing lighter than a dm6.
thats prety cool. im gonna get one of these, and finnally have him beat.

o yea still wanna know about mantince though
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 PM #19
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Go up to the Interceptor Owner's Manual sticky. There's a link to download the manual and there's also a post with a brief explanation of setup and maintenance. The full manual will give you a good overview of setup, tuning and maintenance.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:16 PM #20
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Basically all you have to do is oil the ram shaft, which can be done without disassembling anything by simply removing the bolt while its in the forward position and running some oil down a screwdriver shaft.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:16 PM #21
ikey

has been a member for 10 years
i dunno i would probably take the borg. i cant really find the words to describe the alien line up, but i think i got it. see, tehy seem to be very weel designed and very heavily focused on size, weight, and ergonomics, which is good. but IMO they are not as refined as other guns. for example. angel. cam out in 1996. who teh heck knows how many ppl make tehm. custom ones all over the place. there are probably now over 7-8 different generations. i think most would agree that holding a g7 that you have a high high quality and very very well though and designed marker. number 2. matrix. came out i think in 2000. once again, custom ones all over the place. many generations. look at hte transformation between teh old generation e trix to teh dm6. when holding a dm6, its impressive, just like the g7. timmy. i think they were around 2000ish, maybe 2001. along with SP they were some of the first guns to use eyes (with trixs also i think), and probably the first ram popet design without a hammer i think. starting with the 2k2 model timmys blew up huge. bob has had a lot of time to fine tune tehm and all of it come down to the 06 model. obviously it has gotten all teh advancements and is like half the size of the old ones. once again amazing everything. i guess, what im trying to say is teh aliens are still kinda developing. great guns, but IMO teh 06 borg is a little bit spiffeir in every way. im not saying the alien cant perform (probably one of the top performers out), but for 900ish i want something really nice.