PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-10-2006, 07:25 PM #22
Jman500 (Banned)
The confused one

A question for pakistani-we all know the numbers but how much lighter does the Ion feel than the omen. Also could you answer that same question once you get a on/off(if you get one)
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 PM #23
Chagamuffin
It's Simple Simplistics!

Chagamuffin is a Supporting Member
I say we all get together and pants the traitors.

GANJA GANJA GANJA
GANJA GANJA GANJA
GANJA GANJA GANJA

Last edited by Chagamuffin : 02-10-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:20 PM #24
twichyfingerII (Banned)
elite alien poster #9

yeah, what ever that means. lets go back in time a little bit:

*back in time*

pakistani, i want you to give me a review of the ion in the evil section. thank you.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 PM #25
Phoenixsc2
Killer.

Phoenixsc2 is a Supporting Member
Yes, I still have the Pimp. BPS? might change that situation. If he doesn't decide to buy it I will keep it, it all in all it's a pretty nice gun. I will continue to come here cuz you guys are cool and I will still be repping evil considering they make an awesome jersey and I still have one.

"Originally posted by DyePaintballer2k11: Goddammit, I try to type coherently and with proper grammar for a while now, and I agree, what the **** did I say? I formally apologize. It's nofap December, ****s getting to me."
"Originally posted by d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r: It's December 1st :dodgy:"
"Originally posted by POHusKy9:
i havent looked at the date for over 2 weeks so in my mind when he said that i thought it was like december 7-14 or something
then i checked the date and rofl'ed top ramen everywhere"
Old 02-10-2006, 09:43 PM #26
sosoDAF
ATL

sosoDAF is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Feel free to PM and/or AIM me with any Ion questions you may have.
As for the chopping, you will DEFINATELY get chopping if you don't have the eye wiring.
Your upgrades sound pretty good, and I actually have an extra Lucky bolt if you're interested... I'd let you have it VERY cheap.
It was my first Lucky bolt, and was not JB-welded together enough, and seperated.
I re-JB welded it, and it works great.
I can cycle it through my gun with no problems at all.
It's held together so well I can't even pull it apart.
As for the upgrades, they sound pretty good.
DEFINATELY get a QEV and Tboard.
The efficiency you are getting is odd, and maybe your dwell is screwed up?
Even though the stock dwell is around 52, you can lower it to around 40ish and the gun will still work fine.
If you get a QEV, you will be able to lower it to around 15, and if you get the Lucky bolt, you will get it around 10 (that's what I have my Ion at ).
I get around 1300 shots off of a 68/4500.
-Dan
Old 02-10-2006, 09:50 PM #27
Jman500 (Banned)
The confused one

pakistani is not on so soso would you answer my question please?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 PM #28
twichyfingerII (Banned)
elite alien poster #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosoDAF
Feel free to PM and/or AIM me with any Ion questions you may have.
As for the chopping, you will DEFINATELY get chopping if you don't have the eye wiring.
Your upgrades sound pretty good, and I actually have an extra Lucky bolt if you're interested... I'd let you have it VERY cheap.
It was my first Lucky bolt, and was not JB-welded together enough, and seperated.
I re-JB welded it, and it works great.
I can cycle it through my gun with no problems at all.
It's held together so well I can't even pull it apart.
As for the upgrades, they sound pretty good.
Even though the stock dwell is around 52, you can lower it to around 40ish and the gun will still work fine.
If you get a QEV, you will be able to lower it to around 15, and if you get the Lucky bolt, you will get it around 10 (that's what I have my Ion at ).
-Dan
actually, im gonna have to saymaybe pass up the qev. it increase bolt speed, some ions have trouble with breaking paint due to thier qev, thus making them take it off. if its not broken, dont fi it.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:07 PM #29
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman500
A question for pakistani-we all know the numbers but how much lighter does the Ion feel than the omen. Also could you answer that same question once you get a on/off(if you get one)
it actually does feel lighter... i dunno if this will make sense but here we go:
if i had to completely guess the weights of both guns my guesses would be-
omen- 2lbs
ion- 1.5lbs

now, i dont know if youre gonna get what im trying to say, but the ion definetly feels lighter, nothing crazy, but definetly noticable.
oh, and the on/off will be long in coming, because frankly, i really dont see it as a needed upgrade.

for people calling me a traitor:
im really sorry you feel that way...but whatever happened to preference? i mean seriously, if i play better with the ion, than the omen, so what? i really didnt want to trade, but after my money situation got messed up, it was pretty much the only thing i could do.

fallout_ omen-
theyre gonna be 3 bucks shipped. i think everyone agrees that pmi has the best tech around, and sp has some of the worst.

Last edited by Pakistani : 02-10-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 PM #30
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by twichyfingerII
yeah, what ever that means. lets go back in time a little bit:

*back in time*

pakistani, i want you to give me a review of the ion in the evil section. thank you.
not sure who you were responding to, but thats right guys, i was actually asked by bps? to give an ion review in the evil forums
Old 02-10-2006, 11:17 PM #31
Phoenixsc2
Killer.

Phoenixsc2 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
actually, im gonna have to saymaybe pass up the qev. it increase bolt speed, some ions have trouble with breaking paint due to thier qev, thus making them take it off. if its not broken, dont fi it.
You will not break paint if you install a qev. The bolt cycle speed doesn't go that fast. I've had a qev in both my Ions, at 17 bps I don't chop or break paint. Think about it the guns known for insane speeds have a faster cycling speed then the ion, and they don't break paint due to cycle speed.

"Originally posted by DyePaintballer2k11: Goddammit, I try to type coherently and with proper grammar for a while now, and I agree, what the **** did I say? I formally apologize. It's nofap December, ****s getting to me."
"Originally posted by d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r: It's December 1st :dodgy:"
"Originally posted by POHusKy9:
i havent looked at the date for over 2 weeks so in my mind when he said that i thought it was like december 7-14 or something
then i checked the date and rofl'ed top ramen everywhere"
Old 02-10-2006, 11:34 PM #32
WoodyB.Hard

i used to have an ion that i bought for $40 but i decided to sell it because it was completly stock and i got $180 in cash. also i'm not a big ion fan i favor my pimp more.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:17 AM #33
sosoDAF
ATL

Quote:
VERY untrue.
The QEV speeds up the bolt cycle, but it will not break any paint at all.
The Ion is uncapable of anything over around 18 or 19 BPS without a QEV, and the QEV merely gives the gun much better efficiency, creates a grease trap from the noid, and lets the Ion cycle faster.
It also gives a bit better consistency because it leaks a tiny bit of air if the pressure in the hose changes.
Also, Jman, the Ion feels MUCH lighter than the Omen.
It is not only lighter, but also much shorter and better balanced.
-Dan
Old 02-11-2006, 12:50 AM #34
ICD-EVIL
Xbox360 games F/S in sig

Really if you want to have this proven, I'm not sure if this will work with an Ion being that I have not opened one up. COver the hole on the QEV and try to work the assembly back and forth. then remove your thumb covering the hole and feel how much easier it is. I did this with my promaster and the QEV makes a world of difference.
OFFICIAL GWC #29
ST: Politics
Hot HB Flex and Blue Ventz F/S
1 of 1 FreeFlow SFT Shocker F/S
PBN (+26/-0)
Old 02-11-2006, 11:11 AM #35
Robot Mania FU

Quote:
-Dan
their stock dwell is at 52? wow....thats really high

my teammate has an ion as a backup to his angel, and due to him needing money he had to sell his low pressure tank and can only use his ion now....we played thursday night and i have to say his ion was shooting very nice......though i have seen alot of ions go down his has been rock solid and has never gone down (had it for about 5 months now) the speed is capped lower then most omens, but you cant shoot faster then 17.....or even 15 in most cases so it doesnt matter
i played a few games with it and i liked how small it was.....i dont know if it was his set up but it wasnt very balanced at all so it felt noticably heavier then my proto

guys chill out with calling pakistani a traitor.....do you realize how much he has contributed to this forum? he was in here long enough to earn his respect
i shoot a proto now and have my omen for a backup.....my omen hasnt seen the field in a while but you guys dont call me a traitor, if BPS? left evil would you call him a traitor? no, you wouldnt
if the ion feels better for pakistani and he prefers that over the omen then more power to him.....whether or not anyone thinks the omen is better then the ion surely doesnt matter to him if the ion feels better for them, you need to go with what gun feels better to YOU and use it

Jah Army
Old 02-11-2006, 11:27 AM #36
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU
guys chill out with calling pakistani a traitor.....do you realize how much he has contributed to this forum? he was in here long enough to earn his respect
i shoot a proto now and have my omen for a backup.....my omen hasnt seen the field in a while but you guys dont call me a traitor, if BPS? left evil would you call him a traitor? no, you wouldnt
if the ion feels better for pakistani and he prefers that over the omen then more power to him.....whether or not anyone thinks the omen is better then the ion surely doesnt matter to him if the ion feels better for them, you need to go with what gun feels better to YOU and use it
thanks for the support
Old 02-11-2006, 12:08 PM #37
sosoDAF
ATL

I think maybe you guys' Ions were not set up correctly from the factory.
Yes, the QEV makes a difference, but not enough to say that the Ion sucks without it.
Make sure to zero out your dwell, save the settings, then raise the dwell back to 52. The recharge rate changes the rate of fire, but if the dwell is not 52, you have to use the ROF calculator at www.zdspb.com
So, if you keep the dwell at 52, just set the recharge rate to 18 BPS, and it will fire 17.54 BPS (what the Ion is truly capped at on the stock board).
Also, the people who are saying that Pakistani is turning on the Evil community are rediculous.
I'm sure he will still come back to help, just as he came back to post this here. When I left, people called me a traitor, and still do.
I think it's safe to say I've been around in the Evil forums twice, if not three times as long as the haters have been.
Anyways, because people say you're a traitor and all that, it doesn't make me want to buy an Evil gun ever again.
I was actually highly considering buying one of those milled Pimps off of the Boss a few weeks ago, but because of the lack of maturity, and all the *******s in the Evil forums, I decided not to.
-Dan
Old 02-11-2006, 12:20 PM #38
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
HAHA Pakistani, nice sig: "SP ION- Made By Jesus
| Hybrid Hedlock| Custom Products trigger|"

Its stupid to call him anything. We aren't ACTUALLY a group. Just people in a forum. You can't betray someone if you weren't ever really with them. Its his decision, and ever should know by know ITS PERSONAL PREFRENCE! Hope you do well Pakistani.

Last edited by Drox : 02-11-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:27 PM #39
Robot Mania FU

Quote:
I think it's safe to say I've been around in the Evil forums twice, if not three times as long as the haters have been.
Anyways, because people say you're a traitor and all that, it doesn't make me want to buy an Evil gun ever again.
I was actually highly considering buying one of those milled Pimps off of the Boss a few weeks ago, but because of the lack of maturity, and all the *******s in the Evil forums, I decided not to.
-Dan
i have been in here with you ever since we both joined....i too remember how nice everyone was in here and how helpful....if you left evil everyone was cool about it and gave you support
i remember how pro evil you were, and all of a sudden the fact that a few kids call him a traitor is altering your gun choice?
your telling me you didnt buy a milled pimp simply for the fact that a few kids in here lack maturity? thats bull****
unless your life revolves around pbnation why the hell would you base your decision on what gun to get by their forums....just go in every forum then, find the one with the nicest people and buy that gun....is that what your telling us your going to do?

yes there are some immature people in here, but remember all of us who were there from the beginning....BPS, boss, drox, twichy, chaga, omenworker (might come back ), and myself.....you dont see us getting rid of evil guns because the people in the forum changed

Jah Army
Old 02-11-2006, 05:59 PM #40
sosoDAF
ATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU
i have been in here with you ever since we both joined....i too remember how nice everyone was in here and how helpful....if you left evil everyone was cool about it and gave you support
i remember how pro evil you were, and all of a sudden the fact that a few kids call him a traitor is altering your gun choice?
your telling me you didnt buy a milled pimp simply for the fact that a few kids in here lack maturity? thats bull****
unless your life revolves around pbnation why the hell would you base your decision on what gun to get by their forums....just go in every forum then, find the one with the nicest people and buy that gun....is that what your telling us your going to do?

yes there are some immature people in here, but remember all of us who were there from the beginning....BPS, boss, drox, twichy, chaga, omenworker (might come back ), and myself.....you dont see us getting rid of evil guns because the people in the forum changed
No, I was saying that generally when I get a new gun, I like to know that I can come to the forums on PBNation if I have any problems.
Because of the fact I don't really get along with anyone in here anymore, I don't want to buy an Evil gun, because it seems like social issues will get in the way of getting support on my gun.
I didn't mean it to come out like that, and that wasn't the only reason I didn't buy the gun.
-Dan
Old 02-11-2006, 06:11 PM #41
twichyfingerII (Banned)
elite alien poster #9

wait, you didnt buy a gun you wanted because of us? thats ****ing stupid.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:13 PM #42
sosoDAF
ATL

^Okay, disregard my post, because I didn't word it very well.

I'm like 99% sure I have mono, and im tired as hell, even though I got a lot of sleep last night
-Dan