Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:45 PM #1
Hitokiri_1
Pump,it does a body good.

has been a member for 10 years
Quest Origins

FEP Quest = PL ISIS?? I'm just curious as they share many similarities? Forgive me if I am way out of line. I was under the impression that powerlyte sold the rights to the design to another company (FEP perhaps). If so that is good news and I'll be looking to pick up one of these markers in the near future regardless of its origins. As soon as i have the cash of course.

Urban Camo VSC Phantom.

Black SC Phantom FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post71571972
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2006, 05:29 PM #2
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
It has nothing to do with the Isis.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:51 PM #3
paintballmonkey069

manike would b correct..... again
Old 01-21-2006, 10:28 PM #4
Cwaigy77 (Banned)

i dont care what anyone says until i get to see a manual for the quest and compare it to whats on pl out of date site it is the isis to me. there is way to many similiarities between the two (plus Powerlyte announced they were selling it to a company that has never released a gun yet) to be overlooked. Its kind of like a guilty until proven innocent case for me.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:30 PM #5
paintballmonkey069

its more of a shocker or dm then isis....
Old 01-22-2006, 01:08 PM #6
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwaigy77
i dont care what anyone says until i get to see a manual for the quest and compare it to whats on pl out of date site it is the isis to me. there is way to many similiarities between the two (plus Powerlyte announced they were selling it to a company that has never released a gun yet) to be overlooked. Its kind of like a guilty until proven innocent case for me.
That's a very silly approach, but I guess no-one can stop you feeling that way if you want to.

All of the people behind the Quest have said it has nothing to do with the Isis.

When PL made the Isis they were concerned with it infringing on the automag so showed it to Tom Kaye, he told them it wasn't a problem. The Quest is nothing like the Automag so I can't see why it would have been an issue if they were the same gun.

Also I know Chris Cole has been working on this gun for a VERY long time. He's not the kind of person to take a design from someone else. He's definitely more the type of person to think up and work on his own design.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:00 PM #7
paintballmonkey069

the people at fep seem to like to make things better not just copy off of someone elses design
Old 01-22-2006, 06:28 PM #8
Cwaigy77 (Banned)

im just saying there is way to much resemblance between the two, and I could see a company denialing that they bought the rights to the gun instead of designing it, because it makes it them sound bad because they couldnt come up with their own design. If i knew it was the isis i would save money and buy it, why because i loved powerlyte, even with their let down on the isis. But they are FEP would rather build up their own publicity than take the publicity that Powerlyte already has/had. I do agree it is ignorance, but i just have a feeling that there is some connection between the two. But ill never know because powerlyte actually updated their site and removed the isis, when this forum was created too...
Old 01-22-2006, 09:33 PM #9
ChuckLove
Paintball?

The Isis was sold to some large company (National, Kingman, etc.) I would expect to see it come out within 06.

whos there

not your apex seals....."
Old 01-22-2006, 09:48 PM #10
FEP-Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri_1
FEP Quest = PL ISIS?? I'm just curious as they share many similarities? Forgive me if I am way out of line. I was under the impression that powerlyte sold the rights to the design to another company (FEP perhaps). If so that is good news and I'll be looking to pick up one of these markers in the near future regardless of its origins. As soon as i have the cash of course.

The gun is our own design. Manike is correct, Chris Cole is the designer. Try and get ahold of powerlyte someway to see who they sold it too, but it was not us.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:36 PM #11
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwaigy77
im just saying there is way to much resemblance between the two,
The only resemblance really, is a longish, thin and slightly square looking body. I don't see too many other resemblances?

As compared to:-

So many fundamental design points are very different.

The LPR location, the grip frame style, the type of grips it takes, the choice of triggers, the eye location and covers in relation to the frame and body. It's just all so different that I find it very hard to see any reasons why people might think it the same gun?

The only resemblance I know of, is that they are both spool valve type guns.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:43 PM #12
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

OK, having spoken to the people behind the guns, this is NOT the isis. So this is closed.
Closed Thread