PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-10-2005, 10:49 AM #1
pman12

Icon E Batteries

I have an icon e and its is supposed to be able to shoot 10 000 to 12 000 shots per battery. on my gun the 9.6v fully recgarged only lasts about 100 shots. i also tried putting a 9v in my gun it worked for a bit but it only fires around 100 shots as well. does anyone know what i should do or what is wrong with my gun?
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 PM #2
insane#2
Massacre

somethings wrong with the battery, may have overcharged it so it doesnt last long.

Kind of like a cell phone battery? If you charge it when its full, and charge it for a long period of time it ruins the battery, get a new one and test it out. If it still does it come back.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:54 PM #3
mark1975
Hawkeye

mark1975 works for a Paintball manufacturer
You might have one of the older type batteries. Does it say 250mah on the side of the battery if not you need a new battery. Also some Icon's had a sear spring that is to stiff and kills batteries real fast. You can send it to NPS for repair and battery exchange for free. All you have to pay for is shipping to us.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 AM #4
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
Mark, my battery in my Icon crapped out too. The battery is black and red and the only markings on it is "Paintball Rechargable Battery 9.6V" and the warning. No mention of 250mah. Can I send in just the battery for replacement?

My gun seems to run fine on alkalines but the rechargable doesn't power the solenoid well enough to trip the sear more than a handful of times.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:31 PM #5
ooglieboogliebob
Lock And Key

shimming the noid always works.. put a penny, nickel, dime, penny and penny .. just fiddle around a bit as long as your gun stays cocked your fine... ... this'll be temporary... the problem could be the capacitor or the solenoid itself ... just try the shimming first .. and then see what happens ...