PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2005, 01:22 AM #43
I OWN ALL
wtf

has been a member for 10 years
is it just me or does the mq valve resemble the firestorm or osiris?

edit* ah crap"
I OWN ALL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2005, 09:15 AM #44
suprtpr

suprtpr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by I OWN ALL
is it just me or does the mq valve resemble the firestorm or osiris?
The MQ is much different, the Osiris uses an air ram to replace the hammer. This air ram driven hammer still strikes the regular valve and opens it when you fire. Where as with the MQ the valve it self is replaced with a solenoid (the MQ itself), when you fire, it opens and releases the burst of air to propel the ball.

The MQ is described as having "zero lock time". This means that when you fire the MQ opens and the burst of air is instantly released (you don't have to wait for the hammer to cycle). But with the regular hammer, or the air ram driven hammer in an Osiris, when you fire there is a slight delay as the hammer "slams" forward and opens the valve. The weight of the hammer moving around in the body causes the body to kick some from the inertia of the weight of hammer cycling back and forth.

I have owned both an Osiris and a MQed gun so I can speak first hand about their function. I have never owned or teched a Firestorm, but I believe that it basically works the same as the Osiris. The main difference is that the bolt and the hammer cycle together, essentially making the Firestorm an openbolt gun.