Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-08-2005, 06:07 AM #43
Kzoopaintball
 
 
Kzoopaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
The Reffing was the worst all year !! The guy stealing guns was on the field crew .. the schedule was a mess .. (ok, I'll give'em the schedule thing Sh** happens ) But a ref called a 5 for 1 !!! WTF is that ?? A 5 for 1 for intent to wipe .... now they have refs with ESP that can tell your thinking about it ?!?!?
and there is no such thing as a 5 for 1 !! Total crap !!
Kzoopaintball is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:39 AM #44
*NiTr0*
Ex *********
 
*NiTr0*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Maryland.
*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I didnt have a problem with the reffing, Alot better than what i am used to. Field setups were fine. The thing that pissed me off was they changed our games up 10 minutes before we played them. We were supossed to play chronic, then empire 2 times, then JT and Spyder, thats one the second day, because we only played 2 games the day before.

All our games went to teh JT and spyder field, that was retarded but oh well.
__________________
cyanide RIP
hometown heroes coming to a town near you

Ex moderator
*NiTr0* is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 AM #45
mayanH8
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
The reffing was the one thing I did not have a problem with (except the snake ref on the chronic field ... god i hate him). Everything else could have been much better.
mayanH8 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 12:09 PM #46
Takedown
Moderator
 
Takedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Valencia, Ca
Takedown is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Takedown is a Professional paintball player
Takedown is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterD
not to mention the interview or whatever it was that matty marshall was doing that took about an hour of daylite
Matt's involved in the pre and post production of the show as well as commentating, hence the reason they needed to get those shots. In between our quarter finals and semis he actually had to go gear down to take care of that stuff.
__________________
R.I.P. Tyson - We'll miss you buddy.
Takedown is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM #47
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
To All That Are Complaining About Miami ....

WHAT A BUNCH OF INGRATES ......

Sad, to see how a group of paintballers decided to take it with the city of Miami, the NPPL , ESPN and the rest of the world, because according to them, the reffing was bad, the cleaining crew was bad, the field layout was bad ...security is bad.... but .. have you stop for a crazy minute that YOU are part of the problem ???

How hard is to secure your stuff after a game, or put someone to watch your tent when you guys are going to see other games ?? you are VISITING another city, and if you call yourself paintballers you should know better not to leave your setup wandering in your tent ... ( at least tournament level paintballers), C'mon use common sense people.. Everywere in every single tournament there have been cases of robberies or missing stuff.. NPPL, PSP, CFOA .. or any other stupid litte tournament in your town .. and you know why ? BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT SECURE THEIR STUFF ... so be carefull next time because your mommy is not there to pick up after you throw your $ 2,000 dollars marker in the floor of a Tent surrounded by complete strangers ... so think about it ..... are you part of the problem ?

now .. reffing ... what can I say , reffing is bad, because they are the ones with the authority to tell you to shut the fu*k up an leave the field, reffs, will always have the bad rep, because YOU THE MASTER PAINTBALLERS THAT KNOW ALL , think they can do better a job that NOBODY wants ....reffs are underated, disrespected, insulted ... so ... did you.. my nagging fellow paintballers insulted a ref, because according to you it was a bad call ...but did you mentioned to him that before, you were swiping your mask against the bunker so you will not be removed from the game ? ... think .... think ... are you part of the problem ???

ESPN .. now this is the killer one .... for many years, as paintballers we have claimed for the almighty television to set cameras in our beloved sport, and now when they do, YOU INGRATES COMPLAIN ?? the games were delayed because of this, or because of that, because if Matty Marshall took al day in an interview, because they talked the NPPL to change the fields, because they did this or that .... c,mon again people ... IS IT OR NOT ??? do we want the attention or do you still want to see yourselves in home made videos that your buddy made and edited with pirated music in a horrific local field or do we want a bigger exposure to the sport, so all the massive attention will finally arrive at the stands of any tournament....??
so, stop complaining, it was another tournament, in which if you played well and by the rules, you did good, if you are a sore loser .. fine, talk, scream about what you want, blame ESPN, blame NPPL, blame MIAMI ... but ask your self a question .... are you part of the problem ....?

See ya .. !

Last edited by Striker_77 : 11-08-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 01:53 PM #48
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK
 
alivAmadA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_77
WHAT A BUNCH OF COMPLETE INGRATES ......
have you stop for a crazy minute that YOU are part of the problem ???
I paid good money for this event. I expect to get what I paid for. This event sucked ***.
__________________
))<>((

FREE SPHERE
alivAmadA is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 02:20 PM #49
assa
 
 
assa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Miami, SoFla
 has been a member for 10 years
assa plays in the PSP
Striker_77, I donít know why you're hating on paintballers and taking the side of promoters, but Miami was the worst event of the entire season the NPPL put together.
The NPPL throws some awesome events, but Miami was not one of those. It was bad.
Notwithstanding the hurricane, the location of the event was badly chosen and the reffing was even worse.
Plus NPPL allowed allowed ESPN to dictate what they wanted to film, and how they wanted to film it, apparently without any input from the Pro Players themselves.

I personally want paintball to go into TV and not for TV to go into paintball. But if the only way to for Super7 to be on SportCenter requires changing paintball and making it as boring as it was to watch this past weekend, then I'd rather keep watching DerDer videos for ever... seriously.

I agree that a lot of the hate people are showing towards the event is not justified, but saying that the paying customers are being ingrates doesnít makes sense either. They're upset cos they just threw a couple thousand dollars away the NPPL and in return they got a crappy event.
And just one more thing: about Matty and that interview that never ended. That thing was WAY long and right in the middle of finals. They could've filmed it the next day, just outside the field, or just done voiceovers. Itís unjustifiable to keep that many people in the stands waiting for such a long time so that Matty (who is a great guy, dont get me wrong) can stand there and explain just how boring the past few games were.

If this event did anything for me, it showed me how Xball and PSP is much more fun to play and to attend.
__________________
my feedback

Last edited by assa : 11-08-2005 at 02:37 PM.
assa is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM #50
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivAmadA
I paid good money for this event. I expect to get what I paid for. This event sucked ***.
... You and the rest of the Teams paid for it and what is your point ?? ... that NPPL have to have a guard in your tent, and hire the people of your practice field to reff your games, so you can do whatever you want on the field and stop whatever is good for a event of this kind, just to please you, just because you paid the fee ??

its a COMPETITION, not a beauty contest, you enter with the risk of getting your behind handed to you, or win and make up for what you spend.. and
because you paid, what exactly you expected ? - that the reffs will not take out your players, you wanted evian water and gourmet food, and the city .. well it sucks because a natural disaster hit miami days before....but you know what .. I am glad that aside of everything, you had fun playing PAINTBALL ....

to be continued ......
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM #51
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by assa
Striker_77, I donít know why you're hating on paintballers and taking the side of promoters, but Miami was the worst event of the entire season the NPPL put together.
The NPPL throws some awesome events, but Miami was not one of those. It was bad.
Notwithstanding the hurricane, the location of the event was badly chosen and the reffing was even worse.
Plus NPPL allowed allowed ESPN to dictate what they wanted to film, and how they wanted to film it, apparently without any input from the Pro Players themselves.

I agree that a lot of the hate people are showing towards the event is not justified, but saying that the paying customers are being ingrates doesnít makes sense either. They're upset cos they just threw a couple thousand dollars away the NPPL and in return they got a crappy event.
And just one more thing: about Matty and that interview that never ended. That thing was WAY long and right in the middle of finals. They could've filmed it the next day, just outside the field, or just done voiceovers. Itís unjustifiable to keep that many people in the stands waiting for such a long time so that Matty (who is a great guy, dont get me wrong) can stand there and explain just how boring the past few games were.

If this event did anything for me, it showed me how Xball and PSP is much more fun to play and to attend.

WOW ... all that to tell me that the event, sucked ... great ... I like that you are actually using your writing skills... I am not taking sides, I just put in prospective that a event is not bad, because of the location, or the other resources used to do the event ... and if NPPL and ESPN wants to do that ... hell .. don't you want the media attention ? aren't you contradicting yourlself by saying that Matty's interview took to long ... what do you care ? are you putting your money to produce the show that you will be watching in April, just to see if you are in one of the takes ? ... you and other 200 teams paid for A COMPETITION not a fashion show....

I'm not hating paintballers .. I AM HATING on the ones that COMPLAIN ....paintball is a game that has its roots based on just the love of the game.. so , how do you call someone that pays for something, have fun playing and complain about the reffs, and the location? even the Water .. for god's sake THE WATER ??? and if you are going to complain because the NPPL took the risk and put money to take it to the next level ..NPPL knows that the only way is up and you know what .. they are going to keep doing it .. they will put it on ESPN, CNN, ABC and any other channel just to gives the one that beleive that paintball still is for the game ... a game that is changing ....

and if you like more PSP that's great, but I bet you did not went to PSP chicago or even the world cup ... if you think that miami was bad ... read the article about chicago in Paintball 2 extremes magazine ... that my friend is bad...

to be continued ...

Last edited by Striker_77 : 11-08-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM #52
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK
 
alivAmadA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_77
... You and the rest of the Teams paid for it and what is your point ?? ... that NPPL have to have a guard in your tent, and hire the people of your practice field to reff your games, so you can do whatever you want on the field and stop whatever is good for a event of this kind, just to please you, just because you paid the fee ??

its a COMPETITION, not a beauty contest, you enter with the risk of getting your behind handed to you, or win and make up for what you spend.. and
because you paid, what exactly you expected ? - that the reffs will not take out your players, you wanted evian water and gourmet food, and the city .. well it sucks because a natural disaster hit miami days before....but you know what .. I am glad that aside of everything, you had fun playing PAINTBALL ....

to be continued ......
Are you trying to annoy us, or are you just that damn stupid? Have you been to any events? HB was a great event. As was Denver. Miami just sucked ***. Not enough water or fruits. There was no cleaning crew or lights to play our late games. The reffing was bad, but guess what? We still manged to go 7-1, so no, we didnt want a damn thing handed to us. We want consistency. All teams pay good money and wish to get what they paid for. Whats your story? You are comming across like some NPPL nutt swinger.
__________________
))<>((

FREE SPHERE
alivAmadA is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:02 PM #53
snoop
 
 
snoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC to SD
snoop is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
case of the mondays was right.. my flight home(to nyc) was delayed i was sitting the term. for so long
snoop is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:11 PM #54
assa
 
 
assa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Miami, SoFla
 has been a member for 10 years
assa plays in the PSP
yeah, you're right, i dont even play paintball. your points make perfect sense.
Miami was an AWESOME event, World Cup (which apparently i didnt go to) was crap.
and what else? oh yeah, the NPPL field made for the most exciting paintball ever played...


Striker_77, your reasoning is pretty much like this: "please dont confuse me with the facts you paintballers who actually want to play cool events!"

the PSP knows it can get away with not having a HB kind of event cos Xball is that much more fun to play.
i know people who in Miami spent 10+ hours in full gear to play 3 games dude... thats like what? 21 minutes of paintball cos the matches were that long.

Hate on people that complain. lets kill of the complainers and settle for mediocre paintball events, and mediocre paintball TV shows, cos complaining apparently is bad.
__________________
my feedback
assa is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM #55
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivAmadA
Are you trying to annoy us, or are you just that damn stupid? Have you been to any events? HB was a great event. As was Denver. Miami just sucked ***. Not enough water or fruits. There was no cleaning crew or lights to play our late games. The reffing was bad, but guess what? We still manged to go 7-1, so no, we didnt want a damn thing handed to us. We want consistency. All teams pay good money and wish to get what they paid for. Whats your story? You are comming across like some NPPL nutt swinger.

jajajaja .... that one just made me laugh ... to my pleasure i have been to all the events of NPPL and PSP, and yes some events are betters than others
but complain about the water is sarcastic ... but is OK vato .. don't hate is a matter of opinions and if you cannot see that I disagre with your point of view .. is cool .. that makes me the stupid one ?? right ? ...it was plenty of everyting, water, balws, and many other drinks ... but .. hey.. I'm the stupid one ..
and that's great that you did 7-1 ... I guess that's makes you the team in division II that did not pass for bad reffing ? ..oh .. I see your complaints ....

NPPL nutt swinger .. I like the hate that you use, by typing with rage that term .. what's my story ... I'm a paintball player, that beleives that no matter how event goes .. bad or good .. is for the sport .. for paintball ... and since i sense a bit of disrespecfulness on your last post, I think i have the gilty pleasure to insult you, but I would not insult a fellow paintballer, just because I am delivering my point of view ... so, and I do not do it to annoy you or anybody else .. again I am delivering my point of view, which I think I have the rigth to do so in this country ... do they do that in mexico ??

see ya ??
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:30 PM #56
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK
 
alivAmadA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_77
jajajaja .... that one just made me laugh ... to my pleasure i have been to all the events of NPPL and PSP, and yes some events are betters than others
but complain about the water is sarcastic ... but is OK vato .. don't hate is a matter of opinions and if you cannot see that I disagre with your point of view .. is cool .. that makes me the stupid one ?? right ? ...it was plenty of everyting, water, balws, and many other drinks ... but .. hey.. I'm the stupid one ..
and that's great that you did 7-1 ... I guess that's makes you the team in division II that did not pass for bad reffing ? ..oh .. I see your complaints ....

NPPL nutt swinger .. I like the hate that you use, by typing with rage that term .. what's my story ... I'm a paintball player, that beleives that no matter how event goes .. bad or good .. is for the sport .. for paintball ... and since i sense a bit of disrespecfulness on your last post, I think i have the gilty pleasure to insult you, but I would not insult a fellow paintballer, just because I am delivering my point of view ... so, and I do not do it to annoy you or anybody else .. again I am delivering my point of view, which I think I have the rigth to do so in this country ... do they do that in mexico ??

see ya ??

In Mexico? How sould I know? It says So-Cal in my location, doesn't it smart guy? I don't paintball to further the sport for others, or for the sake of the sport. I do it for selfish reasons. I want to dominate, be the best and clear any other teams in my path. If NPPL uses my money to help promote the sport with ESPN, they can suck it. That is not what I paid for. Promote the big guys and screw the small ones? Forget that. The reffing was bad, we did go 7-1, but that doesnt make up for it. Refs wouldnt paint check or make horrid calls. We had to work around their crap, and is sucks. I see that you dissagree, but for the love of god, why blame the players? And remember, this is the interweb, don't get your feeings hurt.
__________________
))<>((

FREE SPHERE
alivAmadA is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:35 PM #57
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by assa
yeah, you're right, i dont even play paintball. your points make perfect sense.
Miami was an AWESOME event, World Cup (which apparently i didnt go to) was crap.
and what else? oh yeah, the NPPL field made for the most exciting paintball ever played...


Striker_77, your reasoning is pretty much like this: "please dont confuse me with the facts you paintballers who actually want to play cool events!"

the PSP knows it can get away with not having a HB kind of event cos Xball is that much more fun to play.
i know people who in Miami spent 10+ hours in full gear to play 3 games dude... thats like what? 21 minutes of paintball cos the matches were that long.

Hate on people that complain. lets kill of the complainers and settle for mediocre paintball events, and mediocre paintball TV shows, cos complaining apparently is bad.

actually ASSA, complaining is great .. because gives events that "were bad" reasons for improvement and I beleive that complaining is good for the soul too .. but ... what the other teams have to say ?? only 2 people is discussing / figthing with me that the event was bad ... how about the other what ..197 teams ?? ...

and please . the reasoning that you try to imply is not making any sense so
avoid coming up with another inteligent remark about my reasoning..did i confuse you ?

now .. I have seen to pick personal vendettas with you and the vato loco , for delivering my point of view, i hate no one and I got love for the paintball comunity of the USA, Florida .. love the teams down here ... but if you read close enough, the points of the complaints that originate my post, was complaining about the water ?? the WATER .. the reffs ... and the location ..
the security .. and so on .......if you want to kill mediocre events .. how about if we ALL make them better ... by letting the reffs to their jobs, by securing our stuff or leaving someone in the tent so nothing will get stolen ...
you know common sence ... and if the NPPL is taking the opportunity that PSP and Xball dropped of briging paintball to tv ... welll ... that;s another story....

ttyl !!

Last edited by Striker_77 : 11-08-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:44 PM #58
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivAmadA
In Mexico? How sould I know? It says So-Cal in my location, doesn't it smart guy? I don't paintball to further the sport for others, or for the sake of the sport. I do it for selfish reasons. I want to dominate, be the best and clear any other teams in my path. If NPPL uses my money to help promote the sport with ESPN, they can suck it. That is not what I paid for. Promote the big guys and screw the small ones? Forget that. The reffing was bad, we did go 7-1, but that doesnt make up for it. Refs wouldnt paint check or make horrid calls. We had to work around their crap, and is sucks. I see that you dissagree, but for the love of god, why blame the players? And remember, this is the interweb, don't get your feeings hurt.
oh... SO-CAL .. like in South California .. close to the border with MEXICO ..humm .... ok ..and if you play paintball for personal reasons that is great.. and to dominate .. that is awsome ... but dominate what .. if you as a player do not want to contribute to a sport that so much has given you .. why play it ? don't you want to be like dynasty ... oh oh ... bad example .. how about XSV ?? dominate ... and they are using the money that you wanted to use to dominate ... to be the best and clear other teams of your path .. but since other teams and bad reff calls did not let you complete your path...then you have to bring the issue of the water ...because the lack of water dimished your capacity to run or dominate .... damn ! also those damn reffs ... horrid calls ... and I am not blaming the PLAYERS .in genereal .. i am only against the one that complain ..... have you reff a game in your life before .. ?? see .. and about the feelings ?? are you going to bring the card, my feelings are hurt ? i think is the contrary , because that 7 - 1 did not take you anywhere ...

to be continued ...
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 03:54 PM #59
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK
 
alivAmadA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_77
oh... SO-CAL .. like in South California .. close to the border with MEXICO ..humm .... ok ..and if you play paintball for personal reasons that is great.. and to dominate .. that is awsome ... but dominate what .. if you as a player do not want to contribute to a sport that so much has given you .. why play it ? don't you want to be like dynasty ... oh oh ... bad example .. how about XSV ?? dominate ... and they are using the money that you wanted to use to dominate ... to be the best and clear other teams of your path .. but since other teams and bad reff calls did not let you complete your path...then you have to bring the issue of the water ...because the lack of water dimished your capacity to run or dominate .... damn ! also those damn reffs ... horrid calls ... and I am not blaming the PLAYERS .in genereal .. i am only against the one that complain ..... have you reff a game in your life before .. ?? see .. and about the feelings ?? are you going to bring the card, my feelings are hurt ? i think is the contrary , because that 7 - 1 did not take you anywhere ...

to be continued ...
Wow... you are thick.The reasons I listed as to why this event sucked has nothing to do with our 9th place rank. They were just that... Why i thought this event sucked! The reasons i listed as to why I play is my personl feelings toward the sport. I'm not paying so NPPL can walk over the little guys and justify it by "promoting" the sport. If we fail at taking 1st its our fault and has nothing to do with NPPL, but we could have won the event and still thought it sucked. See the difference? Have i reffed before? Sure I have. Did I make a mistake? Sure i did. Did people complain? Sure they did. Are they allowed to voice their opinion? Sure they can. Wow... that kinda seems like what I'm doing ... go figure that. And just admitt... Your attempt at the Mexican insult was bad... You 9/11'ed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_77

now .. I have seen to pick personal vendettas with you and the vato loco , for delivering my point of view, i hate no one and I got love for the paintball comunity of the USA, Florida .. love the teams down here ... but if you read close enough, the points of the complaints that originate my post, was complaining about the water ??

ttyl !!
Please, don't flatter yourself. I have nothing agains you. In fact I could care less. I do this to pass my lunch and breaks.
__________________
))<>((

FREE SPHERE
alivAmadA is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM #60
assa
 
 
assa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Miami, SoFla
 has been a member for 10 years
assa plays in the PSP
I'd love to sit here and cut and paste all the times you've contradicted yourself and just plain out made a fool of yourself, but i guess the rest of pbn sees it already. or they just dont care...either way, its past five and i gotta go...

you take care and enjoy the off season, when you will be sitting at home watching what you call crappy paintball videos and remmembering the AWESOME event the NPPL had in Miami, FL.

and if you think i hate you, or have a "personal vendetta" or whatever with you, you're wrong, comes 6 o'clock and i wont remember your name.
__________________
my feedback
assa is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM #61
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivAmadA
Wow... you are thick.The reasons I listed as to why this event sucked has nothing to do with our 9th place rank. They were just that... Why i thought this event sucked! The reasons i listed as to why I play is my personl feelings toward the sport. I'm not paying so NPPL can walk over the little guys and justify it by "promoting" the sport. If we fail at taking 1st its our fault and has nothing to do with NPPL, but we could have won the event and still thought it sucked. See the difference? Have i reffed before? Sure I have. Did I make a mistake? Sure i did. Did people complain? Sure they did. Are they allowed to voice their opinion? Sure they can. Wow... that kinda seems like what I'm doing ... go figure that. And just admitt... Your attempt at the Mexican insult was bad... You 9/11'ed that one.



Please, don't flatter yourself. I have nothing agains you. In fact I could care less. I do this to pass my lunch and breaks.

ah ... that's cool ... i guess you got me there ... because I can probably go racial on you, but that is not going to be the case, and I am to cool of a guy and to that .... and if according to you, I 9/11'ed that one .. well that is a sad remark used to define such an american tragedy ... but back to the point ... I like the fact that you can care less ... that's awsome .. because the forums is to deliver opinions .. and you and I did just that .. deliver opinions ... but the question remain .. the event sucked ? event if you take first place .... humm ... why I don't see anybody from Xfactor, Colorado Raiders, Untouchables teams that played in in your division complaining here if the event was so bad ?? .... see .. is not about the players in general ... is the ones that complain about foraneous moments or things to cover their own faliure ... but then again .. is cool man .. I guess and I hope that NPPL keeps bringing TV into paintball, keep doing great events, and that great teams keep playing .. because that is what this is all about ... PAINTBALL .. and I will be there in 2006 ... HB, Tampa, Denver, San Diego and MIAMI to see it all happening again from front stage .....

see ya !!!
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 04:30 PM #62
Striker_77
 
 
Striker_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Striker_77 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by assa
I'd love to sit here and cut and paste all the times you've contradicted yourself and just plain out made a fool of yourself, but i guess the rest of pbn sees it already. or they just dont care...either way, its past five and i gotta go...

you take care and enjoy the off season, when you will be sitting at home watching what you call crappy paintball videos and remmembering the AWESOME event the NPPL had in Miami, FL.

and if you think i hate you, or have a "personal vendetta" or whatever with you, you're wrong, comes 6 o'clock and i wont remember your name.
-... assa .. is cool man .. that is great that after 6 you wont remember my name and if as far as making a fool of myself that's cool too and if PBN sees it .. like you i can care less .. as far as watching crappy videos .. which I do not recall to call them crappy .. I did say "home made" -
but then again, i guess my point was not delivered correctly..so, have a great ride home, forget my name, have a diet cola and I guess we will talk later in some other thread....and as far of watching videos .. of course I will expect the ESPN to air the series proudly recorded in the event in Miami ...and I will be practicing, writing and talking about paintball ...

ttyl !
Striker_77 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM #63
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07
 
Farside_Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
hmm... not sure what all that ^ is about.

the event was the worst the NPPL has had for several reasons (these are reasons that are new, not old ones like bad reffing, and i thought the reffing was better than usual by the way):

#1- poor site layout

seriously, what was that all about? they say no 'dog-legs' to field layouts in the rules, how about the site... it was inefficient to get anywhere.

#2- parking?

where was parking? the team parking forced you to exit to a one way bridge... the other was a bum infested wastedland of debri... wow. parking is never good, but this was far from even that.

#3- lights?

it is fall here in the US. that means 11 hours of sunlight, important when you're trying to avoid paintballs. games were rescheduled, the day started at 6:30, and for the first time in a while lights were only on the nppl field. possibly a money saving tactic, but in the fall, why? might chalk this up to the hurricane.

#4 water

a number of people got sick from the water. it was also warm on friday (no ice). might chalk this one up to the hurricane also. o, and there was no fruit, but i've always considered that an oddity of the NPPL anyways... free fruit, what an amazing thing.

#5 dirty fields

dirtiest bunkers yet. where were the cleaning crews?

aside from all this there was just a general air about the event that was unpleasent. could it have been the crack-house-eque location for the event? the hurricane that preceeded it? probably a little bit of eevrything.

o and one final thing, GET RID OF THE "ACTION TURF". there is nothing "action" about turf that you cant run on. for the love of god buy green kitty litter or something, just please please please no more action turf.
Farside_Logan is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump