PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 AM #1
sotexfury08

be thankful

All of you babies who moan and complain and boo hoo and ***** over how scores arnt up fast enough and how the reffing was bad, and crap like that need to stfu. Hello, what just hit florida?? AN EFFIN HURRICANE. (maybe that can explain it for new england ) So for God's sake, be happy that they still let the event go on. Is nothing just to good for yall. Do the scores need to be up right away? Be thankful that the nppl is providing scores to the general public. Damn, all yall do is ***** and complain about this and that. The nppl is not here to serve yall, for what yall have not paid but have taken their own time just to help yall, and yall give them crap. Good goin guys, just goes to show how immature and selfish yall really are. great reflection on the sport.
"Originally posted by krazipbgal: What the hell is "red tide"?"
"Originally posted by TheKingMaslowski: Of all people you should know."
NOBAMA
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM #2
Flesh Eater
Mr. Rook

has been a member for 10 years
it is this general public that makes these events possible. do you really think any big named company would send anything to a national event if no one showed up but the players? without the general public going and supporting the sport there would be no sport.

Yes it is true. I'm back!!

Creator of:
How to Fine Tune your DM4/5/C/Proto
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 AM #3
tekstyle
naptown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexfury08
All of you babies who moan and complain and boo hoo and ***** over how scores arnt up fast enough and how the reffing was bad, and crap like that need to stfu. Hello, what just hit florida?? AN EFFIN HURRICANE. (maybe that can explain it for new england ) So for God's sake, be happy that they still let the event go on. Is nothing just to good for yall. Do the scores need to be up right away? Be thankful that the nppl is providing scores to the general public. Damn, all yall do is ***** and complain about this and that. The nppl is not here to serve yall, for what yall have not paid but have taken their own time just to help yall, and yall give them crap. Good goin guys, just goes to show how immature and selfish yall really are. great reflection on the sport.
word

PBN Feedback
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 PM #4
EL Velcro (Banned)
hollywood

your use of yall annoys me. but when your team is on the bubble to not make quarters it makes things difficult when you dont know weather or not you have made it until the morning of. also when games from day 1 carry onto day 2 and games from day 2 carry on to day 3, it causes a slight aggravation as well. i understand that there was a hurricane but they could have made it worked, better.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:04 PM #5
Hollywood33
Outlaw 4 Life

"General Public" are you kidding? This was the worst spectated event this year. They opened up the VIP grandstands for everybody so it would look full for the cameras. Friday and Saturday on the NPPL field you could almost hear crickets chirping and they were running PRO games ALL DAY LONG. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that folks started filling in to watch the games.
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area
OLD FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751790
Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 AM #6
sotexfury08

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Velcro
your use of yall annoys me.
Im am from louisiana. Would you prefer Y'all or you all? either way its right.
"Originally posted by krazipbgal: What the hell is "red tide"?"
"Originally posted by TheKingMaslowski: Of all people you should know."
NOBAMA
Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 AM #7
bokraham
Rock Lobster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexfury08

well...the hurricane did happen pretty much in the middle of PSP and guess what? they had an awesome event.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 AM #8
third lobe
No Frills Just Kills

third lobe is a Supporting Member
third lobe plays in the PSP
third lobe plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Velcro
your use of yall annoys me. but when your team is on the bubble to not make quarters it makes things difficult when you dont know weather or not you have made it until the morning of. also when games from day 1 carry onto day 2 and games from day 2 carry on to day 3, it causes a slight aggravation as well. i understand that there was a hurricane but they could have made it worked, better.
first i was in the same spot you were in we were on the bubble our games got pushed back till the next morning i had to get up at 4am, the light was an issue because of the hurricane nppl was not able to find light towers - not there fault, the reffing was harsh but unbias everybody got bad calls - its the nature of the sport not everything can be caught thats why some ppl get away with crap at times and some ppl get 3-4-1's - again nature of the sport. we were all aggravated i mean crap we had to walk up hill to get air! but over all NPPL did the best they could at the time... everyone always thinks they could do a better job but come to think of it if i had to throw the supposed to be "Biggest" event of the year, just had a hurricane come through the city i was throwing it in, could not get light for my fields for my players so that the scheduals for all other divisions could run correctly, have to be on edge to make sure all my "Certified" reffs and staff would be able to fly in and still have hotels with power, water and have all accomidations there for them and then on top of that sign one of the biggest SOLID deals with ESPN that is possibly going to bringing out side money's to our sport, having to re organize the whole Pro Division schedual for ESPN and and do my best to get the event off with the least amount of hitches...... GOSH i think they did a pretty GOOD JOB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokraham
well...the hurricane did happen pretty much in the middle of PSP and guess what? they had an awesome event.
Listen by the time it hit orlando it was a torpical storm, and as far as them having an "awesome" event i think you maybe the one and only player or spectator that thought that. the reffing at every PSP is HORRIBLE, at one point all 5-man teams were only able to get 3k into there tanks before games all games every day ran 4 hours BEHIND!!, Xball matches were relocated within 5 mins of there games or there games were delayed and then moves to other fields to being right away. spectators were told they were not even allowed to view some of the games - this happened to the young guns one second what was public viewing and passing was now off limits to all spectators - how are you going to tell that to a parent of a 10 - 14 yr old that they cant watch there kid play paintball at a national event and possibly there first event! so i dont know if it was all that "awesome" i was there and i thought to be nice i could call it crappy.

-p
my feedback +174
Miami Str8Killas
Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 AM #9
mayanH8

Dissapointed

I was dissapointed somewhat with how far behind schedule the NPPL fell after every day. But I can see that its hard to climb out of that hole by continuing night games when the only lights the NPPL had were enough to light one field (NPPL). From what I heard, they couldn't get any more lights because there were still tons of people in Florida without power and the state needed the lights elsewhere.

I felt bad for people having to play early morning games because the sun was right on the horizon when the first games started. This meant lots of games came down to the coin toss for side preference. The team that had the sun directly in their face lost. My team was one of those teams unfortunately.

All in all the NPPL, given their options to work with, made the best out of an almost no-win situation.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 AM #10
ZoWnX
Hover Naked

ZoWnX is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanH8
I felt bad for people having to play early morning games because the sun was right on the horizon when the first games started. This meant lots of games came down to the coin toss for side preference. The team that had the sun directly in their face lost. My team was one of those teams unfortunately.
Why wouldnt any event set up the fields North/South. I always thought this just made sense...

I'm Old
Old 11-08-2005, 10:34 AM #11
mayanH8

If you were on the wrong side of the field the sun was at your 10-11 o'clock. The only time you could see much was if your looking to your right.