be thankful - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 AM #1
sotexfury08
225
 
sotexfury08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baton Rouge
be thankful

All of you babies who moan and complain and boo hoo and ***** over how scores arnt up fast enough and how the reffing was bad, and crap like that need to stfu. Hello, what just hit florida?? AN EFFIN HURRICANE. (maybe that can explain it for new england ) So for God's sake, be happy that they still let the event go on. Is nothing just to good for yall. Do the scores need to be up right away? Be thankful that the nppl is providing scores to the general public. Damn, all yall do is ***** and complain about this and that. The nppl is not here to serve yall, for what yall have not paid but have taken their own time just to help yall, and yall give them crap. Good goin guys, just goes to show how immature and selfish yall really are. great reflection on the sport.
__________________
-feedback
"Originally posted by zoink: Sotex you're my hero. Can I hire you to be my personal body guard so you can protect me when I get shoved against cars?"
"Originally posted by ScubaSteve5391: Sotex and I are long lost brothers."
"Originally posted by krazipbgal: What the hell is "red tide"?"
"Originally posted by TheKingMaslowski: Of all people you should know."
NOBAMA
sotexfury08 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM #2
Flesh Eater
Mr. Rook
 
Flesh Eater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Wisconsin
 has been a member for 10 years
it is this general public that makes these events possible. do you really think any big named company would send anything to a national event if no one showed up but the players? without the general public going and supporting the sport there would be no sport.
__________________
They call me Rook
Gun for hire
Think of me what you will, I don't care.

Yes it is true. I'm back!!

Creator of:
How to Fine Tune your DM4/5/C/Proto
Flesh Eater is offline  
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 AM #3
tekstyle
naptown
 
tekstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexfury08
All of you babies who moan and complain and boo hoo and ***** over how scores arnt up fast enough and how the reffing was bad, and crap like that need to stfu. Hello, what just hit florida?? AN EFFIN HURRICANE. (maybe that can explain it for new england ) So for God's sake, be happy that they still let the event go on. Is nothing just to good for yall. Do the scores need to be up right away? Be thankful that the nppl is providing scores to the general public. Damn, all yall do is ***** and complain about this and that. The nppl is not here to serve yall, for what yall have not paid but have taken their own time just to help yall, and yall give them crap. Good goin guys, just goes to show how immature and selfish yall really are. great reflection on the sport.
word
__________________
Hater
317
www.HaterPaintball.com


PBN Feedback
tekstyle is offline  
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 PM #4
EL Velcro (Banned)
hollywood
 
EL Velcro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 302KR3W
 has been a member for 10 years
your use of yall annoys me. but when your team is on the bubble to not make quarters it makes things difficult when you dont know weather or not you have made it until the morning of. also when games from day 1 carry onto day 2 and games from day 2 carry on to day 3, it causes a slight aggravation as well. i understand that there was a hurricane but they could have made it worked, better.
EL Velcro is offline  
Old 11-07-2005, 12:04 PM #5
Hollywood33
Outlaw 4 Life
 
Hollywood33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Aurora,Colorado
 has been a member for 10 years
"General Public" are you kidding? This was the worst spectated event this year. They opened up the VIP grandstands for everybody so it would look full for the cameras. Friday and Saturday on the NPPL field you could almost hear crickets chirping and they were running PRO games ALL DAY LONG. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that folks started filling in to watch the games.
__________________
R.I.P. Paul "GIMP" Ryan
R.I.P. Jeff "Twitch" Dye
R.I.P. Rex "Sensi" Liley
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area
OLD FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751790
Hollywood33 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 AM #6
sotexfury08
225
 
sotexfury08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baton Rouge
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Velcro
your use of yall annoys me.
Im am from louisiana. Would you prefer Y'all or you all? either way its right.
__________________
-feedback
"Originally posted by zoink: Sotex you're my hero. Can I hire you to be my personal body guard so you can protect me when I get shoved against cars?"
"Originally posted by ScubaSteve5391: Sotex and I are long lost brothers."
"Originally posted by krazipbgal: What the hell is "red tide"?"
"Originally posted by TheKingMaslowski: Of all people you should know."
NOBAMA
sotexfury08 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 AM #7
bokraham
Rock Lobster!!!
 
bokraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Steamboat springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexfury08
All of you babies who moan and complain and boo hoo and ***** over how scores arnt up fast enough and how the reffing was bad, and crap like that need to stfu. Hello, what just hit florida?? AN EFFIN HURRICANE. (maybe that can explain it for new england ) So for God's sake, be happy that they still let the event go on. Is nothing just to good for yall. Do the scores need to be up right away? Be thankful that the nppl is providing scores to the general public. Damn, all yall do is ***** and complain about this and that. The nppl is not here to serve yall, for what yall have not paid but have taken their own time just to help yall, and yall give them crap. Good goin guys, just goes to show how immature and selfish yall really are. great reflection on the sport.

well...the hurricane did happen pretty much in the middle of PSP and guess what? they had an awesome event.
bokraham is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 AM #8
third lobe
No Frills Just Kills
 
third lobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: So-Fla 954
third lobe is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
third lobe plays in the PSP
third lobe plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Velcro
your use of yall annoys me. but when your team is on the bubble to not make quarters it makes things difficult when you dont know weather or not you have made it until the morning of. also when games from day 1 carry onto day 2 and games from day 2 carry on to day 3, it causes a slight aggravation as well. i understand that there was a hurricane but they could have made it worked, better.
first i was in the same spot you were in we were on the bubble our games got pushed back till the next morning i had to get up at 4am, the light was an issue because of the hurricane nppl was not able to find light towers - not there fault, the reffing was harsh but unbias everybody got bad calls - its the nature of the sport not everything can be caught thats why some ppl get away with crap at times and some ppl get 3-4-1's - again nature of the sport. we were all aggravated i mean crap we had to walk up hill to get air! but over all NPPL did the best they could at the time... everyone always thinks they could do a better job but come to think of it if i had to throw the supposed to be "Biggest" event of the year, just had a hurricane come through the city i was throwing it in, could not get light for my fields for my players so that the scheduals for all other divisions could run correctly, have to be on edge to make sure all my "Certified" reffs and staff would be able to fly in and still have hotels with power, water and have all accomidations there for them and then on top of that sign one of the biggest SOLID deals with ESPN that is possibly going to bringing out side money's to our sport, having to re organize the whole Pro Division schedual for ESPN and and do my best to get the event off with the least amount of hitches...... GOSH i think they did a pretty GOOD JOB!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bokraham
well...the hurricane did happen pretty much in the middle of PSP and guess what? they had an awesome event.
Listen by the time it hit orlando it was a torpical storm, and as far as them having an "awesome" event i think you maybe the one and only player or spectator that thought that. the reffing at every PSP is HORRIBLE, at one point all 5-man teams were only able to get 3k into there tanks before games all games every day ran 4 hours BEHIND!!, Xball matches were relocated within 5 mins of there games or there games were delayed and then moves to other fields to being right away. spectators were told they were not even allowed to view some of the games - this happened to the young guns one second what was public viewing and passing was now off limits to all spectators - how are you going to tell that to a parent of a 10 - 14 yr old that they cant watch there kid play paintball at a national event and possibly there first event! so i dont know if it was all that "awesome" i was there and i thought to be nice i could call it crappy.

-p
__________________
☆☆☆For the ♥ of South Florida ☆☆☆
AIM:thirdlobe07
Splat Attack Paintball
my feedback +174
Miami Str8Killas
third lobe is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 AM #9
mayanH8
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Dissapointed

I was dissapointed somewhat with how far behind schedule the NPPL fell after every day. But I can see that its hard to climb out of that hole by continuing night games when the only lights the NPPL had were enough to light one field (NPPL). From what I heard, they couldn't get any more lights because there were still tons of people in Florida without power and the state needed the lights elsewhere.

I felt bad for people having to play early morning games because the sun was right on the horizon when the first games started. This meant lots of games came down to the coin toss for side preference. The team that had the sun directly in their face lost. My team was one of those teams unfortunately.

All in all the NPPL, given their options to work with, made the best out of an almost no-win situation.
mayanH8 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 AM #10
ZoWnX
Hover Naked
 
ZoWnX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Federal Way, WA
ZoWnX is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanH8
I felt bad for people having to play early morning games because the sun was right on the horizon when the first games started. This meant lots of games came down to the coin toss for side preference. The team that had the sun directly in their face lost. My team was one of those teams unfortunately.
Why wouldnt any event set up the fields North/South. I always thought this just made sense...
__________________
PBNation feedback
36 Positive

I'm Old
ZoWnX is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:34 AM #11
mayanH8
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
If you were on the wrong side of the field the sun was at your 10-11 o'clock. The only time you could see much was if your looking to your right.
mayanH8 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump