PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-10-2001, 12:50 AM #1
D-Tox

has been a member for 10 years
I got a used Automag off of Ebay...looks like this will be the last time I shop used paintball markers..

When I get the marker, I gas it up to test it, first with CO2, then with compressed air. Both times I could hear a hissing. Couldn't place exactly where it was coming from, but I *think* somewhere near the place where the air tube connects to the body, either outside or in. I checked to make sure everything was tight and it seemed like it was.

The air tube doesn't look like any i've seen. I've only seen braided metal like ones. This one is all black...at first glance it looks like it is plastic. And the connector where it connects to the body looks flimsy.

Should I replace this tube and try again? Just emailed the seller about it too....he may be receiving a phone call in the next few days...

Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2001, 01:27 AM #2
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
If you've never owned a paintball marker, and especially a paintball gun that you are not familliar with, do NOT buy one off the internet.

As for having the mistake already done.. that's **** is called microline. And it IS ****. goto the shop and get it replaced with steel braid, and a quick disconnect. If the leak is not from the hose, it's probally becasue the velocity is to high, or some other seal in the gun is toast. Depening on what you paid for the gun, you may have gotten a good deal. Watch the video, and that will help you diagnose any problems. If you have more information, feel free to post it.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 05-10-2001, 01:31 AM #3
D-Tox

Yes, I have owned a paintball gun in the past. Two of them in fact...a Brass Eagle Raptor and then a Spyder Xtra. Now its an Automag.

I think have seen a microline before...this is a bit thicker than it though.

I *think* I may have figured out what is leaking...when I screw in any tank, the places where the hose fits into the elbow kinda pops out a bit. Not the hose itself, but some part of the assembly there. I listened around on the gun, and then took some cotton thread and moved it around the gun. The thread only moved when near one hose-elbow connection, so I believe thats the leak.
Old 05-10-2001, 08:49 PM #4
SloppyJoe85

Lightbulb Hissing

If the hissing is coming from the side of the gun by where the powertube and valve come together it is probably your on/off valve. I have had this problem before. If it is the stock on off valve make sure all the o-rings are in it. There should be 2 white small ones and 2 tan ones that are just big enought to fit around the white ones. If it is a really loud hissing noise then you might not have the valve in at all. Take the valve out, not to insult your inteligence if you do know this but just incase you don't the on/off valve is the small circular valve that goes in on the bottom of the main valve. It pops in and out if it is the stock one. Take it out and make sure there are two pieces. If there are two piece make sure that there are 2 oring at the very bottom. A tan one around a white one. Then the smaller piece goes in, then the bigger piece goes in. There should be a white oring inside the bottom of the bigger piece and an o-ring around the top of the bigger piece. Then put the big piece in with the pin. If this doesn't fix it I have no F-ing clue.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:46 PM #5
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

To help u out

To help you out with finding the leak, place oil or soapy water around the place where it seems to be leaking and it will bubble up and then you should be able to track it down.

Email me if you Have a Freak Kit for Sale--Smart4408@hotmail.com
Old 05-15-2001, 11:38 PM #6
MAGS4LIFE01
ME

YEAH THAT LINE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS MACRO LINE NOT MICRO. MACRO IS THE BETTER KIND (HIGHER FLOW) YOUR HISS IS MOST LIKELY BY THE CONNECTORS WERE THE LINE POPS IN TO THE ELBOW. BRING IT TO A PRO SHOP OR IF U HAVE ANY GUN OIL (AS A LAST RESORT) RUN IT THROUGH FIRING 30 OR SO SHOTS THAT *MIGHT* HELP. IF THE HISS IS COMING FROM THE ELBOW YOU WILL NEED TEFLON TAPE ON THE THREADS TO PREVENT LEAKAGE.
*shocktech drop--
*dye stickies--
*foamie bolt--
*crossfire 68 3000--
-----------------------------
>looking for
*dyna flow 68 4500--
*E micro conversion kit in black powder coat--
*tricked cockers 4 sale--

TeAm AfTeRmAtH total devestation