How to fine tune your gun and stop chopping works on all dm's.
************ EDIT ********************
after working on my gun. i decided that it wasnt as consitant enough for me. so i changed a few things. I will rewrite this to get the most consistant setting with explnations. right now my dwell is 18, lpr is 4 and i get crazy good consitancy. BY RAISING YOUR LP MORE THEN WHAT I SAID BEFORE YOU WILL GET BETTER CONSITANY. WILL EXPLAIN WHY LATER. I am getting about a hopper and pod off of like 700-800 psi out of a 68/45 tank. thats about 400-450 per 1000 psi. thats pussing almost a case a tank. as for consistancy im getting 286,286,290,287 this is also based on paint to barrel match. i was using OK quality paint at a tourny when i got these numbers, i bet when i use better paint the numbers will be very very consistant.
After people asking for settings all the time I decided to write something up. It might seem obvious but people miss stuff some times.
Follow these steps to fine tune your gun. (I use a proto but I’m sure this will work for other trix’s)
*****Remember that each gun is a different gun. What your settings might work for you might not work for someone else. There are many things that could affect what each person should set their gun to. Some of these include Lube, Mods, Temp., Humidity among other things. *****
1) To get the best setting from your gun, clean and lube your whole gun. (This includes your lpr, hyper2 and bolt)
2) Reset your settings to their stock form. **For a proto** --> Set your dwell to 18, hyper at 3 and your lpr at 5.
3) Turn down your lpr until your bolt only just moves. look into the breach and keep turning it up until you see the bolt move with out any delay (watch the middle of the breach for the lag of the bolt)
4) Find a chrono, drop your dwell down to 12. Try shooting the gun.
5a) If your gun shoots then strap on your hopper and go to the chrono
5b) If your gun does not shoot then up the dwell by 1 at a time until the bolt moves, and the gun shoots.
6) Once your gun is shooting put your hopper on and get some paint. Shoot over the chrono and raise your dwell by 1 until you notice the velocity not rising at all.
***You might have to adjust your lpr as your are adjusting your dwell to get your gun to work correctly. ***
7) Once you find this point turn your dwell down by 2 (you do this because you have to go past the optimal point to realize that you found it)
8) After all that is done turn your velocity to what you like with the hyper2.
9) Go and mow some fools.
*** If you use the 530 Mod, Ghetto Top Hat, Orange Bolt, Hybrid Bolt Guide and/or Hybrid Top Hat your results may very. However, you use the same steps to setup your gun. Your settings will be lower then other peoples.
** Note to the wise: just because someone has their settings posted and it works for them it doesn’t mean that it will work for you. To get the best settings for your gun it is best to setup your own gun instead of using someone else’s settings.
If I am wrong on something please inform me and I will adjust the text. Hope this will help with people setting up their guns.
Last edited by Flesh Eater : 02-13-2006 at 10:05 PM.