PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-27-2005, 03:56 PM #1
blautsauger (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Purely hypothetical question with WDP

Okay, watching Traumahead episode 33, the one with RL vs. ND and Strange vs. Dynasty at 03 world cup playing Division 1 X-ball. I know, this is a bit old, but that is why this is hypothetical.

During the first game, RL vs. ND, One of the RL guys is shooting a Classic Intimidator and another is shooting a DM4. At the time, RL was sponsored by WDP. What kind of stuff should or did happen to RL for not only having guys play using markers that were in complete RL uniform, but having it put on a DVD from a big paintball video company that went out all over the US, if not the world?

And to let you know, I like RL, I respect the level that they have brought the sport to, and the fact that they became the newest franchise in NXL speaks volumes.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2005, 04:04 PM #2
kangaroodent
Rodenté

kangaroodent is a Supporting Member
Sounds like a breach of contract, I'd terminate their sponsorship if they continued.

Feedback
Old 08-27-2005, 04:36 PM #3
blautsauger (Banned)

Totally my point of view. I can understand them wanting to try other guns and seeing what other sponsorship opportunitties are out there, but the use of other markers should have been limited to practice at their facility, not used during the biggest tournament. I wonder if WDP had any kind of legal and financial recourse since it was the end of the season and RL went on to NPS and Bob Long.